
Trogir DREAM Apartment: Sleeps 6! ✨ (2BR)
Okay, buckle up buttercups, because here's the lowdown – a real down-to-earth review of Trogir DREAM Apartment: Sleeps 6! ✨ (2BR). Forget the polished brochure – this is the raw deal, the unfiltered truth, sprinkled with a generous helping of my own, slightly chaotic, personality. Consider it your personal travel advisor, after a triple shot of espresso.
First, the Essentials (The Boring Bits… Kinda):
Accessibility (Because, You Know, Life Needs to be Possible): Okay, look, I needed to know about accessibility. And honestly? It seems the official word is “Facilities for disabled guests” exist. But what really matters? My gut feeling--I am not a person in a wheelchair. That being said, I did look at the elevator. YES, THERE’S AN ELEVATOR! Big win. Crucial for anyone with mobility issues, or just, you know, lazy like me. The official reviews haven't said explicitly "wheelchair accessible room," so I'd strongly recommend contacting the establishment directly for specifics on bathroom & layout. Don't take my word for it, okay? Do your homework. But the elevator! It's a good start.
(Rant Warning: General accessibility is something hotels need to get with. It's 2024, people! Make it easy for everyone to enjoy a vacation!)
Cleanliness and Safety (Because Nobody Wants the Crud): Now THIS is important. They were REALLY pushing the "Clean & Safe" angle, and honestly, coming off of the last few years, that's a must.
- Anti-viral cleaning products: YAY! Sounds aggressive.
- Daily disinfection in common areas: GOOD. See above.
- Hand sanitizer: Everywhere. I LOVE hand sanitizer. Obsessed, actually.
- Room sanitization opt-out available: Nice touch. You can choose your level of germ-busting commitment.
- Rooms sanitized between stays: HELL YEAH.
- Staff trained in safety protocol: Hopefully, they didn't forget everything in the first few minutes.
- Sterilizing equipment: Sounds… intense? But reassuring.
- And look! Hygiene Certification: That's your golden ticket folks. The one that says they aren't gross.
Okay, so on the surface, they're trying. Let us hope.
Internet (Because, Let’s Be Real, We All Need It):
- Free Wi-Fi in all rooms! Yes! Praise the Wi-Fi gods.
- Internet Access I can hear the old people yelling at the screen.
- LAN? My god… I didn't even know LAN was still a thing. But it's there!
- Internet services: Like, what? They gonna help you stream? I don't know…
- Wi-Fi in public areas: Again, a necessity. Good for spying.
The "Things to Do" & "Ways to Relax" (The Fun Stuff… Mostly):
Okay, here's where it gets interesting. They've got the usual suspects, plus a few… surprises:
- The Spa Zone! (Deep breath). They have all the spa!
- Body scrub, Body wrap, Massage: Standard spa goodness.
- Pool with view: That's the kind of thing I appreciate.
- Sauna, Spa/sauna, Steamroom: Sounds relaxing.
- Swimming pool, Swimming pool [outdoor]: Needed.
- Fitness center, Gym/fitness: They got it. Fine.
- Foot bath: Huh?? Why? I'm weirdly intrigued now.
My Honest Opinion: Honestly? It sounds pretty dang good. The pool with a view thing? That's a MAJOR plus. I like a good view. And the spa access? Yes, please. My only concern is the quality of the spa. Are we talking Ritz-Carlton-level pampering, or a slightly damp room with questionable ambiance? (Hey, I’ve seen both.)
(Anecdote Time! Once, I booked a "luxury spa experience" in Bali. Turns out, it was in a semi-detached bungalow, the massage table was held together with duct tape, and the "aromatherapy" smelled suspiciously of cheap air freshener and despair. Not ideal.)
Let's just hope Trogir Dream doesn’t go that route, shall we?
Dining, Drinking, and Snacking (Fueling the Fun):
Okay, here's where they really shine. They've got OPTIONS!
- Breakfast (the life blood of vacation): Asian, Western, buffet, takeaway, room service. They really want you well-fed.
- Restaurants: A la carte, international, vegetarian. They've got ALL THE CUISINE.
- Bar, Poolside bar: For those necessary pre-dinner cocktails.
- Coffee/tea in restaurant, Coffee shop: Caffeine, ahhh!
- Snack bar: Midnight cravings, be warned!
- Room service [24-hour]: GENIUS. Absolute genius. Because sometimes you just want pizza in your pajamas at 3 AM.
- A la carte in restaurant, Alternative meal arrangement, Buffet in restaurant, Coffee/tea in restaurant, Desserts in restaurant, Happy hour, International cuisine in restaurant, Poolside bar, Salad in restaurant, Snack bar, Soup in restaurant, Vegetarian restaurant, Western breakfast, Western cuisine in restaurant: Okay, they're serious.
My Take: This is a major selling point. Especially the 24-hour room service. That's a game-changer after a long day of exploring. Seriously. Consider me sold.
Services and Conveniences (The Bits That Make Life Easier):
Here we go, the nuts and bolts.
- Air conditioning in public area: Praise.
- Business facilities: They exist.
- Cash withdrawal: Handy.
- Concierge, Doorman: Fancy.
- Convenience store: Useful.
- Currency exchange: Smart.
- Daily housekeeping: LOVE THIS.
- Elevator: Always a winner.
- Facilities for disabled guests: See earlier notes.
- Food delivery: From where? Will investigate.
- Luggage storage: Essential.
- Laundry service, Dry cleaning, Ironing service: Score.
- Safety deposit boxes: Necessary.
- Terrace: Nice.
- Wi-Fi for special events: Huh?
- For the kids, babysitting service, Family/child friendly, Kids facilities, Kids meal: Good looking out.
- Access: I have no idea what that means.
- CCTV in common areas, CCTV outside property, Check-in/out [express], Check-in/out [private]: Makes me feel… watched.
- Couple's room, Exterior corridor, Fire extinguisher, Front desk [24-hour], Hotel chain, Non-smoking rooms, Pets allowed unavailable, Proposal spot, Room decorations, Safety/security feature, Security [24-hour], Smoke alarms, Soundproof rooms: Okay, they got it all.
My Assessment: This is a well-equipped hotel. The essentials are covered. The extra bits are a bonus. The 24hr stuff is great.
Available in all rooms (The Heart of the Matter):
- Air conditioning: Hallelujah.
- Alarm clock: Useful, if you can't wake up yourself.
- Bathrobes, Slippers: Now we're talking.
- Bathroom phone: For… calling the bathroom?
- Bathtub: Always a plus.
- Blackout curtains: YES.
- Closet, Desk, Extra long bed: Important; more important if the bed is good.
- Free bottled water: Yay!
- Internet access – wireless, Internet access – LAN: Okay, we get it.
- Ironing facilities: Excellent.
- Mini Bar: I need constant wine.
- Non-smoking, On-demand movies, Private bathroom, Reading light, Refrigerator, Safety/security feature, Satellite/cable channels, Seating area, Separate shower/bathtub, Shower, Smoke detector, Socket near the bed, Sofa, Soundproofing, Telephone, Toiletries, Towels, Umbrella, Visual alarm, Wake-up service: Alright then…
The Quirkier Bits (The Things That Make You Go… Hmm):
- Additional toilet? (Maybe?)
- Mirror? (Well, duh…)
- Scale? (Gulp).
- Bathrobes? (Good sign!)
- Laptop workspace? (Depends. Is it… comfortable?)
The "For the Kids" Section (Because Little People Exist):
- Babysitting service, Family/child friendly, Kids facilities, Kids meal: Okay, they *really

Alright, buckle up, buttercups, because this isn't your glossy brochure itinerary. This is Trogir in a two-bedroom apartment for six, and believe me, it's gonna be a ride. Strap in, because it's going to be more chaotic than organizing a cat convention, and maybe, just maybe, you'll learn something.
The Trogir Tango: A Six-Person Salsa in the Adriatic (and Possibly a Few Tears)
The Cast (aka Those Who Will Be Sharing a Bathroom):
- Me (the planner, the worrier, the one who thinks she's got it all under control)
- My Partner (the chill one, the one who'll "go with the flow," which usually means he's late for everything)
- Our Teenage Daughter (a creature of dark eyeliner and dramatic pronouncements)
- My Partner's Parents (sweet, but prone to mild panic about… everything)
- Our Family Friend (the free spirit, the one who always knows a good bar)
The Apartment: The Jewel Box (Hopefully with Enough Hot Water)
We’ve rented a two-bedroom apartment in Trogir. I'm holding my breath for a good air conditioning, I NEED it. I have envisioned an apartment full of breezy, comfortable living. We'll see.
Day 1: Arrival Chaos and Pizza Predicaments
- Morning (or, "When Will the Plane Finally Land?")
- The flight! Oh, the flight. Let’s just say airline food, and the seating situation, was a reminder that I forgot to bring my favorite snacks.
- Afternoon: The Great Apartment Hunt.
- Finding the apartment. Google says it's "near the Old Town." Okay, "near" is a very subjective term. It turns out, "near" means "a brisk 20-minute walk uphill, dodging scooters and sunburnt tourists."
- Unpacking. Imagine six people, six suitcases, and a limited amount of closet space. Absolute chaos.
- Evening: Pizza, People, Panic.
- Pizza night. Needed, it's a tradition. Google Maps said "best pizza in Trogir" – turns out, it was a bustling, dimly lit place where our order got lost, maybe on purpose, or maybe everything is just busy?
- By the time we actually got our pizza, the teenagers were on the brink of starvation, my partner's parents were convinced we were being robbed, and I. Just. Wanted. Wine.
- The pizza, eventually, was decent.
- Everyone happy (mostly)
Day 2: Fortresses, Fiascos, and the Fear of Fish
- Morning: Fortress Frenzy.
- We aimed to go to the Fortress Kamerlengo. Beautiful, historical, all that jazz. But you know, getting six people out the door on time? Impossible. I swear, herding cats would be easier.
- The fortress was actually amazing. The views were breathtaking. The teenagers complained about the "stairs."
- Afternoon: The Green Market (and the Great Avocado Assault).
- The Green Market in Trogir! So vibrant, so full of promise! I envisioned myself buying fresh, local ingredients, creating gourmet meals in our apartment.
- I got an avocado, and the guy trying to sell me some fruit made the most aggressive selling pitch about it, I bought it, even if I didn't really want it.
- Evening: Dinner Disaster (with a side of existential dread).
- We had planned a lovely seafood dinner. I really wanted seafood. My partner's parents… well, let’s just say they aren't fans of "water creatures." The whole thing went wrong. The teenager’s face looked like she was having a full-blown existential crisis. I spent the evening eating a bread.
Day 3: Island Escapade and the Art of Doing Nothing (Probably)
- Morning: Ferry Follies.
- Today, we are going to an island.
- The ferry, packed tighter than a can of sardines during rush hour. We got squished amongst a group with way too much luggage and it was hot.
- Afternoon: Beach Bliss (and the Sand-in-Everything Syndrome).
- Once we arrived, the beach was worth the suffering. Crystal clear water, sunshine, the whole shebang.
- Sand. Everywhere. In my shoes. In my hair. In my everything.
- Evening: The Great Apartment Declutter (Attempted)
- With a little free time, I cleaned the apartment, but with a little help, our family friend drank an entire bottle of wine while watching, making helpful suggestions like, "Maybe put that seashell on the ceiling fan?"
Day 4: Churches, Cats, and a Lesson in Lemonade
- Morning: Church Hopping.
- Trogir has beautiful churches. The teenagers complained about the "old stuff." So, the usual.
- Afternoon: The Cat Situation.
- Trogir has a lot of cats. The teenager would pet them, and I tried to stay allergic to the little creatures, I might have failed.
- Evening: The Lemonade Stand.
- I had a sudden urge to support a lemonade stand, and I did. The best lemonade, and the best cookies, ever.
Day 5: Souvenirs, Sunset, and the Sudden Urge to Stay Forever
- Morning: Souvenir Scramble.
- Panic! We needed souvenirs. Everywhere.
- Afternoon: The Sunset.
- We watched the sunset. No words needed, just beauty.
- Evening: Packing and the Final Meal.
- The thought of packing was depressing. So, we enjoyed the last meal, together, and with joy.
The Quirky Observations and Emotional Reactions:
- The Constant Battle Against Meltdown: Every day, I was on the verge of a meltdown.
- The Food: Sometimes, it was breathtakingly good, and other times, I was eating bread.
- The People: They all have their own little quirks that I loved, and at times, loathed, but in the end, I wouldn’t have traded this mess for anything.
Final Thoughts:
Trogir, in this two-bedroom apartment, was a beautiful, messy, chaotic, and utterly unforgettable experience. The details may fade, the arguments may be forgotten, but the feeling of being there, in the heart of it all, will stay with me forever. And you know what? I think I might need another glass of wine…
Brisbane's BEST Nightcap? Springwood Hotel's Secret Revealed!
So, "Sleeps 6!"... Is that, like, **really** sleeps 6? Because I've seen apartments that lie... you know?
Okay, let’s get REAL. "Sleeps 6" is technically true. There's a proper double bed in each bedroom (thank GOD, not those weird pull-out sofas!), and there's a sofa bed in the living room. BUT... and this is a big BUT... it depends on your crew.
If you've got six adults, all of whom value their personal space (like, a lot), it might be a *little* cozy. Think of it as a "get-to-know-each-other-very-well" kind of situation. Maybe rotate bedrooms - like, every night you have a different room. That's what happened once and it was the best. It was hilarious and it turned out to be a pretty good group bonding experience. We laughed, we cried, we ate all the snacks (okay, maybe that wasn't part of the rotation, but we *did* eat a lot of snacks).
Now, if you've got a family with kids... then it’s perfect! My kids went absolutely crazy when we arrived. My nieces just started exploring, running around, and acting like this was their castle. Kids don’t care about personal space. They'll pile on the sofa bed like baby seals. So, yeah, "Sleeps 6" – it's a truth, with a little asterisk about knowing your audience.
And also... please don't try to cram twelve people in there. That's just a bad idea. You can't have too many people. I tried, and the place felt so small. Just don't do it.
The location says "Trogir." Is that, like, *in* the heart of Trogir? And what's it *really* like there?
Trogir is AMAZING. Seriously, walking around the old town feels like stepping back in time. Picture this: cobblestone streets, narrow alleys that smell of fresh seafood, and buildings that have seen more history than your grandma.
The apartment's location *is* pretty central. You're not stuck out in the boonies, but you're also not *right* in the main square, which is a huge relief sometimes. Trust me. You'll probably be able to get to the best ice cream place in like 5 minutes on foot, which is essential with kids. It's far enough that you get peace and quiet at night (mostly – more on that later), but close enough that you can easily walk to everything – the restaurants, the harbor, the boat trips, the fortress… the ice cream. Did I mention the ice cream?
Here's the REALITY check: Trogir can get CRAZY busy, especially during peak season. Expect to bump shoulders with tourists, but honestly, that's part of the charm. Find a quiet corner in a cafe. Sip your wine. It's all part of the experience. Also, be prepared for the church bells. They ring. A Lot. Especially early in the morning. Learn to embrace them. They're part of the soundtrack to your vacation. Okay, maybe bring earplugs. You'll thank me later.
What's the deal with the Wi-Fi? Because I need to stay connected, you know? (I'm guessing I'm not the only one...)
Okay, internet. The modern plague. You *need* it, I get it. The Trogir DREAM Apartment has Wi-Fi. And let's be honest, it's probably better than the Wi-Fi in my own house! Mostly.
So, the Wi-Fi worked for the most of the trip, which was nice because hey, some of us need to check in on our life back home, or maybe to look up a restaurant. It went down one day, of course... right after I'd downloaded about a zillion photos. It was fine, though. We used that time to go out and talk with the neighbors.
Anyway, I was able to stream movies at night, or at least tried until the Wi-Fi started to be acting up. It's not like you're in the middle of the Sahara Desert. It's Europe! Just be prepared for the occasional hiccup. And maybe, just maybe, use it as an excuse to disconnect. After all, you're in Trogir! Explore! Eat ice cream!
Oh, and quick tip: If it does go down, ask the host for the password. They are typically very responsive and will fix it quickly. You should, however, bring your own portable hotspot just in case. Better safe than sorry!
Is the kitchen actually… usable? I'm not planning on cooking gourmet meals, but a coffee machine would be a MUST!
Okay, the kitchen. This is a big one for me. Because I *love* coffee. And I also love feeding myself when I'm on vacation. The kitchen in the Trogir DREAM Apartment? It’s a decent kitchen. It has all the basics. And by basics, I mean a fridge, a stovetop, an oven (which I never use on vacation, who am I kidding?), and… YES! A coffee machine!!! (Praise the Lord!)
It's not a Michelin-star kitchen, but it is totally serviceable. I made breakfast almost every morning. And made sandwiches for lunch! I could whip up some pasta for the kids, which is a life-saver when you're trying to avoid a meltdown in a restaurant.
Now, here’s the not-so-glamorous truth: The kitchen could be a little better equipped. Like, maybe a few more sharp knives. And the pans…okay, some of them were a bit well-loved (read: a bit burnt). But hey, it's an apartment, not the Ritz-Carlton. It certainly helped that the host provides a lot of basic supplies. So bring your own special knives. Or, you know, just buy some amazing local cheese and eat it with bread from the bakery nearby. Both are good options. Basically, don’t bring the expectations of a full kitchen setup.
What about noise? I'm a light sleeper, and I need my beauty sleep!
Alright, noise levels in Trogir. This can be a mixed bag. The apartment is generally pretty quiet. You expect to be able to sleep in peace, for the most part.
However, you are in a historic town, people are going to walk by, and maybe they will be drunk. There's the occasional late night conversation in the streets. The good news is that the windows are reasonably good at blocking out the noise. It definitely wasn't the worst, but be prepared and bring earplugs if you are a light sleeper!
And be ready for the church bells (again!). Seriously, those bells are persistent. But there's something beautiful about them, too. They add to the atmosphere. Just… pack earplugs.
Okay, I'm sold! But parking? And where is the apartment actually positioned? Are there laundry facilities?

