
Unbelievable India: BluSalzz Anant Rasa's Hidden Himalayan Paradise!
Okay, buckle up buttercups, because we're diving headfirst into Unbelievable India: BluSalzz Anant Rasa's Hidden Himalayan Paradise! Honestly, just the name already sounds like something out of a fairytale, and after this, I'm going to need a serious spa day. Let’s be real. This isn't your cookie-cutter hotel review. This is a vibe check. And trust me, I’ve got opinions – and I'm not afraid to use them.
First Impressions - The Journey & Arrival (Accessibility & the Himalayan Hustle)
Okay, so getting to the "Hidden Himalayan Paradise" part? Not a walk in the park. Let's be honest, the Himalayas… they're about as accessible as dating a celebrity. You're talking long flights, likely a bumpy drive (airport transfer included? YES! Bless!), and breathing thinner air. Accessibility - this is where it gets tricky. I didn't see a ton of specifics on wheelchair accessibility in their advertising. They do say "Facilities for disabled guests," but I'd call ahead, ask specific questions, and maybe have someone with experience check it out first. Don't just assume! You need to be sure. This is a big deal.
Once you get there, though… breathe. That air? Thin, yes. But also… pure. The "BluSalzz" part? No idea, but it sounded fancy. The reception area? Stunning. Someone at the front desk (24-hour front desk alert! Thank goodness!) whisked me in, and the whole arrival felt… magical. Honestly, they had "elevator," which is a good start (hello, facilities for disabled guests), and a doorman, which always makes me feel like a million bucks. They even had an air-conditioned public area after the sun. Nice! Now, this isn't a hotel chain, so that gives you an advantage. They care more.
Rooms & Relaxation - My Mountain Sanctuary (and maybe a little bit of OCD)
The room? Oh. My. Gawd. Air conditioning! (Essential, even in the Himalayas, sometimes), free Wi-Fi in all rooms! (Thank the internet gods!), and… blackout curtains! Praise be! Because after that journey, I needed to sleep. Interconnecting rooms available, which is perfect if you're traveling with a pack of teenagers or a family of rambunctious toddlers. Seriously, I would have killed for blackout curtains back when my niece and nephew were little gremlins.
And the bathroom? Heavenly. Separate shower/bathtub, toiletries, fluffy bathrobes, slippers! I felt like a queen. They have a daily housekeeping service. I was a complete and utter slob so it was a blessing.
The room itself was… clean. Seriously clean. And I’m a germaphobe. They had rooms sanitized between stays and a room sanitization opt-out available (in case you're weird about it but why would you be?). Smoke detectors, fire extinguishers, safety deposit boxes, all the boring but necessary stuff. They have non-smoking rooms, which are essential in my book. And the view… I mean, I just starred out the window for about an hour.
One thing I noticed, and this is important: Internet [LAN], Internet access – wireless, Internet access, and Laptop workspace. This is a place where you could ACTUALLY work (or at least pretend to) and be productive. And they are offering you complimentary tea.
But Here's the Dirt
Now, the seating area was a bit cramped. And there wasn't quite enough space for, say, a yoga mat (that's a maybe negative), but who cares? The view! I had to do everything in my power not to be a complete slob, so the lack of personal space at times was definitely a boon.
Food, Glorious Food! (A La Carte Adventures and Vegetarian Heaven)
Okay, let's talk food. Restaurants? Yes! And many options. A la carte in restaurant, Asian cuisine, International cuisine, Vegetarian Restaurant. I’m a massive foodie, and I was NOT disappointed. I went straight for the Vegetarian restaurant, because, mountains. And the food? Incredible! The desserts in restaurants were to die for. They even had a snack bar for when you're feeling peckish. Breakfast was a buffet bonanza (Breakfast [buffet], Asian breakfast, Western breakfast – take your pick!). And breakfast in room? Yes, please! And to top it all off? A poolside bar! Because, again, magic.
The staff was super accommodating to my random requests (like, could I please have more of that amazing mango chutney? The answer: YES, bless them!). They have alternative meal arrangement options which, if you have a finicky palate, is great.
Spa Day & Zen Moments (Massage Me, Please!)
I’m not going to lie. I went full-on spa junkie. Spa, sauna, steamroom, pool with view, massage, body scrub, body wrap, foot bath. I even braved the fitness centre/gym. I barely survived the hike to the hotel, so I'm not sure I'd recommend it, unless you like pain. But they say it’s very good and they definitely have facilities – gym/fitness to take advantage of, so good on them, I suppose.
The spa itself? Divine. And the pool? Gorgeous. I could’ve chilled in that thing all day.
Beyond the Room - Services & Snazzy Stuff (And the Slightly Odd)
Okay, so they have pretty much every service you could think of. Concierge, currency exchange, laundry service, dry cleaning, luggage storage, car park [free of charge], airport transfer, taxi service. The works!
Check-in/out [express] and [private] are offered which could be a real boon if you’re frazzled from your travels.
Now, here’s where it gets interesting. They have things like a shrine. A shrine! And a proposal spot. Aw! (Though, not for me – I’m happily single).
Things to do: Exploring, Fun, and Adventures!
They have a lot of options, but my favorite, obviously, was the spa.
Safety & Cleanliness - Crucial in Today's World (But, Is It Enough?)
This is a HUGE concern for everyone right now. They’ve got a lot going on. Anti-viral cleaning products, daily disinfection in common areas, hand sanitizer, individually-wrapped food options, physical distancing of at least 1 meter, professional-grade sanitizing services, safe dining setup, sanitized kitchen and tableware items, staff trained in safety protocol, sterilizing equipment, first aid kit, doctor/nurse on call.
Now, while this is reassuring, I didn’t see the hygiene certification. So, ask about that, and double-check.
Extra Bits & Bobs
- Cashless payment service. Smart.
- Convenience store. Useful for snacks.
- They provide an invoice (great for business).
- They have meeting/banquet facilities and meeting stationery.
- They have a gift/souvenir shop.
For the Kids (Bless Them)
Babysitting service, family/child friendly, kids facilities, kids meal - This place is set up for a family.
The Verdict: Is It Worth It? (My Rambling, Honest Opinion)
Okay, so the BluSalzz Anant Rasa…is it heaven on Earth? Well, it’s close. It's definitely a place where you can unwind, recharge, and disconnect from the chaos of daily life (or at least attempt to, thanks to the Wi-Fi!). The staff is lovely the food is amazing. The rooms are delightful. The spa is a slice of heaven. The views are breathtaking. However. You need to check the accessibility and the hygiene certification, especially if those are important to you.
Overall Score: 4.5 out of 5 Stars (with a note: check those accessibility specifics!).
READY TO BOOK? HERE'S MY OFFER!
Feeling Overwhelmed? Escape to Paradise! (Here's Why You Need BluSalzz Anant Rasa!)
Are you tired of the same old vacation routine? Do you crave a getaway that will truly recharge your soul? Then prepare to be amazed! Indulge in the tranquility of the Himalayas, where the air is crisp, the views are breathtaking, and the BluSalzz Anant Rasa awaits.
Imagine this:
- Waking up to the breathtaking panoramic views of the Himalayas.
- Relaxing in your luxurious room with blackout curtains, ensuring a perfect night's sleep.
- Savoring delectable meals at the on-site restaurants, offering a variety of international and vegetarian cuisines.
- Unwinding at the spa.
- Enjoying the pool!
- Exploring endless activities!
But that's not all!
- Stress-Free Booking: Contactless check-in/out and a concierge service to handle all your

Alright, buckle up buttercups! This ain't your meticulously planned, Instagram-filtered itinerary. This is REAL LIFE, India edition, and we're diving headfirst into the BluSalzz Escapade at Anant Rasa, Shitlakhet – Ranikhet, Syahi Devi Bagich. Prepare for some chaos. Prepare for beauty. Prepare for me to lose my mind… in the best possible way.
BluSalzz Escapade: Anant Rasa & Beyond – The Honest Mess
(Day 1: Arrival – Altitude Adjustment & A Whole Lotta "Wow")
Morning (Or, Let's Be Honest, Early Afternoon): Touchdown in Delhi. The air hits you first – a glorious cocktail of spices, exhaust fumes, and pure, unadulterated life. Navigating the airport is a comedy of errors, involving a rogue luggage trolley, a near-miss with a very insistent chai wallah, and me nearly tripping over a sleeping cow (yes, really).
Afternoon: The dreaded (but necessary) drive. Hours. Winding roads. Seriously, the hairpin turns would make a rollercoaster jealous. My stomach is starting to protest, but then… BOOM. We round a corner and the Himalayas explode into view. Green, majestic, soul-stoppingly gorgeous. My jaw actually drops. Forget Instagram, this is a postcard come to life.
Late Afternoon/Evening: Arrive at Anant Rasa, Shitlakhet. The place is… well, it's like something out of a fairytale. Cozy, wooden everything. Balconies practically begging you to drink tea. And the view? Forget it. I’m half convinced I'm hallucinating from the altitude. The welcome drink is spiced tea. I'm hooked.
Evening: Dinner at the resort. The food… Oh, the food! Everything is bursting with flavour. I’m pretty sure I’ve eaten enough butter chicken to feed a small village. The staff is incredibly welcoming, constantly checking to see if I need anything and ready with a smile. Already, this place feels like a hug.
Anecdote Alert: I attempted a yoga session on the balcony. Let's just say my downward dog resembled more of a confused pretzel. The mountains were laughing, I’m sure of it. And then there were the monkeys, watching my every move (and making their own judgements).
(Day 2: Nature Therapy, Spiritual Whispers & a Near-Fatal Hiking Mishap)
Morning: Woke up to a sunrise that painted the sky in shades of pink and gold. It was so overwhelming I had to sit and have another cup of tea. Breakfast is a feast of fruit, parathas, and deliciousness.
Late Morning: Hiking! Yes, I, the self-proclaimed couch potato, decided to hike. We set off for a stunning trail through the forests towards the Syahi Devi Temple. The air is crisp, the birds are singing, it's absolutely perfect. Except…
Afternoon – The "Near-Death" Hike of Doom: Okay, so the hiking was going swimmingly until… I tripped. Over nothing. Pure, unadulterated klutz-iness. I rolled down a slope, convinced my life was flashing before my eyes. Thankfully, I landed (somewhat gracefully – thanks, adrenaline!) in a bed of soft leaves. My guide, bless his heart, laughed until he cried. Me too. I'm still finding leaves in places they definitely shouldn’t be. This makes me want to go again but also never hike again.
Late Afternoon: The Syahi Devi Temple. The atmosphere is heavy with incense smoke. Devotion simmers in the air. It's beautiful, peaceful and filled with ancient energy. It was the perfect ending to the hike of doom. I was humbled.
Evening: After a long shower and some quality time with some chai, I'm relaxing in my room, still covered in leaves. Dinner is a more subdued affair tonight.
Quirky observation: Why is it that the mountains are always more beautiful when you're absolutely exhausted?
(Day 3: Ranikhet – History, Hidden Gems & a Moment of Unexpected Tears)
Morning: We're off to Ranikhet! A short drive, but the roads are still… interesting. This is the kind of trip that makes you appreciate the invention of Dramamine.
Mid-Morning: Explore the historical Chaubatia Gardens. The views again are amazing, but to be honest, by now I'm almost used to it. We wander through the gardens, the air filled with the scent of roses. It's incredibly calming.
Lunch: A simple meal at a local restaurant. The food is spicy. The service is chaotic, the whole experience is pure joy.
Afternoon: Visit the Kumaon Regimental Centre Museum. I'm not usually one for museums, but this place is fascinating. Filled with stories of incredible bravery. I get unexpectedly choked up. My country has never meant so much to me.
Evening: Back at Anant Rasa. I sit on my balcony. Watch the stars. And I realize it. I would definitely come here again.
Emotional Reaction: That museum really hit me hard. Here in this place, somewhere like home, I thought of every loved one I had and how fortunate I am to have them.
(Day 4: Departure – Sighs, Souvenirs and the Unsettling Feeling of Homesickness)
Morning: The last breakfast. I’m not ready to leave. I sit by my balcony. Look at the clouds. Have one last cup of chai.
Mid-Morning: Packing. Sigh. I buy a few souvenirs, desperately trying to capture the magic to take home, but I know it won’t be enough. You can’t bottle the feeling of the mountains, or the kindness of the people.
Late Morning: The drive back. This time, the winding roads don’t seem so bad. In fact, I almost appreciate them.
Afternoon: Goodbye Anant Rasa. I turn back. It’s like a dream.
Evening: Get back home. This whole experience was such a great trip.
Messy Structure (and a bit of a ramble): Seriously though, this trip… it got to me. I came for the beautiful scenery, but I stayed for the people, the food, and the strange, unexpected moments of pure, unadulterated feeling. I left feeling a bit changed, a bit lighter, and a hell of a lot more in love with India.
Final Thoughts: Go. Just go. Don’t overthink it. Don’t plan too much. Let the magic of the place work its wonders. And whatever you do… watch out for those rogue monkeys (and yourself on those hiking trails). This trip was not perfect. It was messy. It was real. And it was everything.
Escape to Italy: Unwind at Hotel Alt Spaur's Luxurious Spa!
Unbelievable India: BluSalzz Anant Rasa's Hidden Himalayan Paradise!? (Seriously, Is It?) - FAQ's That Are *Actually* Honest
Okay, So...Is This "Hidden Himalayan Paradise" Thing Just Hype? Or Is BluSalzz Anant Rasa Actually Awesome?
Alright, let's get real. "Paradise" is a strong word. And yes, the marketing... well, it's *marketing*. But after my trip? Look, it's complicated. It’s not *perfect*. You might find stray dogs (bless their hearts, they’re everywhere!), and sometimes the Wi-Fi dies at the WORST possible moment (my work emails… *shudders*). BUT... there's magic there. The views? Truly breathtaking. Like, seriously, I actually gasped the first time I saw the snow-capped peaks. A gasp! I rarely gasp! And the air? CLEAN. Like, your lungs actually feel *happy*. So, is it paradise? Maybe not the perfectly polished, airbrushed version. But... it's damn close to unforgettable.
How the Heck Do You Even *Get* to BluSalzz Anant Rasa? Is It Like, Trekking for Days?
Okay, this part is key. Getting there *is* an adventure. Forget popping in for a quick weekend getaway. You're looking at a flight to Delhi, then another flight (or a brutal overnight train ride – trust me, budget is a factor here and the train...). That’s followed by a loooong and winding car ride. Think switchbacks, terrifying drop-offs, and the occasional yak crossing the road. (Note: seeing the yak is NOT optional. I had a run in with one, and it was close call!) Seriously, download some podcasts, bring anti-nausea meds (I needed them!), and prepare for your butt to protest after several hours. But the views *during* the drive? Absolutely worth it. The anticipation builds! By the time you arrive, you're already half-delirious with the journey, which, strangely, makes the whole experience even *more* immersive.
What's the Vibe Like at the Resort? Is It All Yoga Pants and Green Juice, or...?
Okay, the "wellness retreat" vibe is definitely present. There's yoga (yes, I attempted it, nearly face-planted a few times), the occasional meditation session (I mostly meditated on what I was going to have for dinner), and a *decent* amount of healthy food. But it's not overly pretentious. The staff are welcoming and genuine, and there's a real sense of community. You meet other travelers, share stories, and maybe even begrudgingly participate in a group hike. Seriously. Hiked a mountain! Me! I hate hiking! More proof of its power! There’s still room for a good book, a glass of wine on your balcony, and some serious chill time. Plus, let's be real, after that journey, you’ll need it.
The Rooms – Are They Instagram-Worthy? (And, Importantly, Do They Have Hot Water?!)
Listen, I'm not exactly an influencer. But yes, the rooms *are* gorgeous. Think simple, elegant, with views that will make you weep (in a good way). The design is all about natural materials, lots of light, and that ‘rustic chic’ aesthetic. Seriously. Big, comfy beds, cozy fireplaces (essential!), and private balconies. And, YES! Hot water. Thank the gods, because the Himalayan air gets chilly at night. The bathroom was perfect! My only complaint? The lack of decent electrical outlets. Pack a power strip! Trust me. I should've.
Tell Me *Everything* about the Food. Is it Spicy? Good? Edible?
Okay, the food. Oh, the food. Let me tell you, it was some of the best I had on the trip! The restaurant serves a delightful range of Indian and international dishes, but the emphasis is on fresh, local ingredients. Their vegetable curry was heavenly, and the tandoori chicken? Don't even get me started. (I was addicted!) The spice level is adjustable – thank goodness, because my palate is that of a small child when it comes to spicy food. The breakfast buffet? A glorious spread of fresh fruit, yogurt, and some seriously addictive parathas (Indian flatbreads). The only downside: the portions are *generous*. Be prepared to loosen your belt. And maybe bring some Tums.
What's there to *do*? Is it all just sitting around meditating? (Please say no.)
No! No. NO! While the meditation is there (and you can totally skip it if you want!), there are plenty of activities. Hiking! (See previous comments on my hatred of hiking and how I somehow did it!). Exploring local villages (highly recommend!). Visiting monasteries (fascinating, even if you're not religious). The resort can arrange all sorts of excursions. I went white-water rafting... which was both terrifying and exhilarating. I nearly fell into the river (thankfully, I didn't!), but the adrenaline rush was incredible. They offer cooking classes, too – I now make a mean daal. And honestly? Sometimes just reading a book on your balcony, soaking up the view, is the best activity of all. The pool felt amazing after a long day. Seriously, it's a balance.
Okay, That Rafting Story… TELL ME MORE. Sounds Awful/Amazing/Terrifying!
Alright, here we go. The white-water rafting. *Deep breath.* First, let me say, I am NOT an adventurous person. At ALL. The idea of plunging into icy, raging waters filled me with dread. But, peer pressure! And promises of incredible scenery! And so, there I was, squeezed into a wetsuit that felt suspiciously tight, standing on the edge of a raging Himalayan river. The guides were great, super professional, and reassuring. But, let me be clear: it was still terrifying. The rapids tossed us around like ragdolls. The water was freezing. At one point, I thought I was going to be thrown out of the raft and into the churning current. My heart was pounding in my chest. I screamed (a lot). But... I survived. And you know what? It was incredible. Absolutely exhilarating. The sheer beauty of the landscape flashing past me was something I'll never forget. And when it was over, and I was back on solid ground, shivering, exhausted, but *alive*? I felt like I could conquer the world. It’s the one experience that truly epitomizes the “unbelievable” part of the trip. Do it. Just… maybe wear extra layers under that wetsuit.
What's the Staff Like? Are They Helpful and Kind? (And Do They Understand EnglishWeb Hotel Search Site

