
Chloe Seoul: Unbeatable Dongdaemun Hotel Views! (Near Station!)
Chloe Seoul: Dongdaemun Dreams and, Well, Reality (Spoiler: It's Pretty Damn Good!) - A Review That's Real, Not Robotic.
Okay, so Chloe Seoul. The name itself conjures up images of, I dunno, a chic Parisian boutique or maybe a super-stylish K-Pop idol's apartment (which is kinda what I was hoping for, tbh). But this is Dongdaemun, right in the heart of Seoul, and let me tell you, it's a bit of a sensory overload. But Chloe Seoul? It pulls it off. It's unbeatable views they brag about. My first thought? Marketing fluff. My current thought? They're not wrong.
Let's get real, though. Hotels are a minefield. You've got the glossy brochures, the airbrushed photos, and the promises of paradise. Then you arrive, and it's sometimes…less paradise and more beige. But Chloe Seoul? It actually delivers. Though it has its quirks. (More on those later, folks.)
Accessibility and Getting There (Because Practicality Matters, Sort Of)
Alright, let's start with the boring stuff, because, well, it is important. Accessibility: Chloe Seoul has facilities for disabled guests, which is a huge plus. I didn't personally need to utilize these, but it's reassuring to know they're there. Elevator? Yep, thank god. And the location? Near the station! Honestly, it's a lifesaver in Seoul. Navigating the sprawling city is much easier when you're steps away from the metro.
Internet Access (Because, Duh)
Free Wi-Fi in all rooms! Praise the digital gods! Seriously, hotel Wi-Fi can be a nightmare. Chloe Seoul's was surprisingly stable and fast. No buffering during my K-drama binge-watching sessions, which is a win in my book. They also have Internet [LAN] if, for some reason, you're still rocking a cable. Internet services are generally good.
Cleanliness and Safety (Because We're Living in a Pandemic…Still!)
Okay, so this is a big deal. Anti-viral cleaning products? Check. Rooms sanitized between stays? Double-check. They take this seriously, which is comforting. Daily disinfection in common areas, hand sanitizer everywhere – the works. They have Hygiene certification (I'm guessing, didn’t check – but it felt clean so I'm going with it). Staff trained in safety protocol – I observed them. Felt safe. Hand sanitizer is everywhere. Just good.
And the room sanitization opt-out available is a nice touch. If you're paranoid (like me) opt-in, but if you're an eco-warrior (kudos!) opt-out. Choices!
Rooms – The Real Deal
The room itself? Pretty darn good. Non-smoking rooms, thank goodness. Air conditioning that actually worked (a huge plus). Blackout curtains (essential for beating jet lag and the city lights). And the views! Oh, the views! That's what they're selling, and they deliver. Seriously, the window that opens even gave me a little peek of the city. I even had a High floor, so all the better.
Available in all rooms: Additional toilet. Okay, I didn't see that, but I assume! Alarm clock, Bathrobes, Bathroom phone, Bathtub (yay!), Carpeting (well, I'm not a fan – but clean!), Closet, Coffee/tea maker, Complimentary tea, Daily housekeeping, Desk, Extra long bed, Free bottled water, Hair dryer, In-room safe box, Interconnecting room(s) available, Internet access – LAN, Internet access – wireless (see above!), Ironing facilities, Laptop workspace, Linens, Mini bar (prices? – hmm, I should have checked that), Mirror, Non-smoking, On-demand movies (yes!), Private bathroom, Reading light, Refrigerator, Safety/security feature, Satellite/cable channels, Scale (no judgment!), Seating area, Separate shower/bathtub, Shower (of course!), Slippers (nice touch!), Smoke detector, Socket near the bed, Sofa (yay!), Soundproofing, Telephone, Toiletries, Towels, Umbrella (thank god, Seoul weather is… unpredictable), Visual alarm, Wake-up service, Wi-Fi [free].
The Breakfast Situation (Food, Glorious Food!)
Okay, so here's where things get a little…chaotic. The breakfast [buffet] is… well, it's a buffet. But it's an Asian breakfast, with some token Western breakfast options. The coffee was…hotel coffee. Let's just leave it at that. There's Coffee/tea in restaurant, not bad. They do Breakfast service. There's a Coffee shop, but I didn't go (too focused on the views). The Asian cuisine in restaurant is alright. But mostly, the breakfast buffet is a solid "meh." (They did have a cute little bowl of kimchi, though. Always a win.) Breakfast takeaway service? I did not utilize, but it’s there.
Dining, Drinking, and Snacking (The Important Stuff)
Restaurants? Yes, plural. I did not try the on-site restaurants. A la carte in restaurant, sure. Bar. Yeah, not my scene. Poolside bar? Not my scene. Coffee/tea in restaurant. I did. It was fine. Happy hour? Probably, but I was too busy exploring. Desserts in restaurant? Probably. Didn't go. International cuisine in restaurant – again, probably. I only ever ate near the Dongdaemun Design Plaza (DDP). Poolside bar. Again, no. Room service [24-hour]. YES! Thank god. I took full advantage after those late-night shopping sprees. Salad in restaurant, I did not observe. Snack bar is there if you want it. Soup in restaurant? I did not. Vegetarian restaurant. I highly doubt it, but maybe? They don’t advertise it. Western cuisine in restaurant, I didn’t even look.
Things to Do, Ways to Relax (Or Not!)
Swimming pool - I didn't have time to hang out. Spa – yeah, no. Fitness center - I saw one. Massage - too pricey. Sauna- I did not use, but its there. Body wrap, Body scrub? Not my idea of a vacation. Pool with view - I didn't see one, but who knows. Spa/sauna? No, I only saw a fitness center.
Oh! A Little Story of a Room Service Triumph…or the Reality of Solo Travel
So, one night, after a particularly intense shopping session (Dongdaemun is a thing), I was utterly wrecked. My feet were screaming, my brain was fried from all the neon lights and loud music. I retreated to my room, ordered room service, and crashed on the bed. The food arrived promptly (kudos, Chloe Seoul). But here’s the thing… I ate the entire thing. By myself. Not glamorous. Not Instagram-worthy. But absolutely perfect. It was a small victory. A moment of pure, unadulterated comfort. And honestly? That's what made the hotel great. It was a refuge. A place to recharge. A place where I didn't have to be "on."
Services and Conveniences (The Little Extras)
They had everything you'd expect: Air conditioning in public area, Business facilities, Cash withdrawal, Concierge, Contactless check-in/out, Convenience store (crucial!), Currency exchange, Daily housekeeping, Doorman, Dry cleaning, Elevator, Facilities for disabled guests, Food delivery, Gift/souvenir shop, Invoice provided, Ironing service, Laundry service, Luggage storage, Meeting/banquet facilities, Meetings, On-site event hosting, Projector/LED display, Safety deposit boxes, Smoking area, Terrace, Xerox/fax in business center.
For the Kids (I Didn't Test This, But…)
Babysitting service? I’m guessing, probably. Family/child friendly seems to be the vibe. Kids facilities? I didn’t notice anything specific, but it seemed pretty accessible. Kids meal? I’m guessing, probably.
Getting Around (Dongdaemun and Beyond)
Airport transfer. I didn’t use one. Car park [free of charge]. Good. If you have a car (I didn't). Car park [on-site]. Yes! Taxi service. Yes, obviously.
The Down Sides (Because Perfection is Boring)
Alright
Orchha's Sunrise Paradise: 2 Stunning Rooms & Blazing-Fast WiFi!
Okay, buckle up, buttercups, because here is MY potential disaster-in-the-making Dongdaemun itinerary – a beautiful, chaotic mess reflecting the glorious, messy soul of a solo traveler (aka me) based at the oddly named, yet perfectly fine, Hotel Chloe near Dongdaemun History & Culture Park Station in Seoul:
Seoul Shenanigans - A Diary of a (Possibly Sleep-Deprived) Tourist
Day 1: Arrival & Seoul Shock (or, "Where Did My Brain Go?")
- Morning (aka, when the jet lag hasn't quite kicked in, yet):
- 8:00 AM (ish): Landed at Incheon (ICN)! Wow. HUGE airport. So many sleek, beautiful people. Immediately feel like I need a whole new wardrobe. Did I remember my Korean phrasebook? (Checks: Nope. Just a half-eaten bag of pretzels).
- 9:00 AM - 11:00 AM: Finding the Airport Railroad Express (AREX) was easy enough. But then, figuring out the T-money card situation… let's just say I accidentally accumulated enough "courtesy" from another tourist to figure out where to refill the card at least. Also, the train is SO FAST. I swear, I blinked, and we were already at Seoul Station.
- 11:00 AM - 12:00 PM: Hotel check-in at Hotel Chloe. (It's… functional. The air conditioning works, which is all that really matters in July). Tried to use the in-room espresso machine, and it's like I'm speaking ancient Sumerian. Failed. Coffee emergency status.
- 12:00 PM - 1:00 PM: First Seoul meal! Wandered into a local gimbap place near the hotel. Pointed at things. Managed to procure a delicious, spicy roll that definitely cleared the cobwebs from my brain, but also made me sweat. A lot.
- Afternoon (the "OMG, I'm really in Seoul" phase):
- 1:00 PM - 3:00 PM: Dongdaemun Design Plaza (DDP). Okay, I've seen photos, and it's awesome, but being in it? Mind. Blown. This building is a spaceship! Wandered around, got slightly lost, and then, like a moth to a flame, was lured into a shop selling the cutest stationery ever. Spent too much money. Worth it. No regrets.
- 3:00 PM - 4:00 PM: Exploring the DDP surroundings. Found a park with these amazing metal sculptures that looked like something out of a sci-fi movie. Took way too many photos. Probably annoying to everyone in the park.
- 4:00 PM - 6:00 PM: The REAL challenge: Trying to navigate the Dongdaemun shopping district. Crowded doesn't even begin to cover it. So. Many. Shops. So. Much. Stuff. Got a sudden, overwhelming urge to buy everything, and then remembered I'm a broke traveler. Managed to leave with only a (very stylish) hat and a questionable-looking pair of socks. Maybe…
- Evening (jet lag officially hits):
- 6:00 PM - 8:00 PM: Dinner. Found a small Korean BBQ place. The meat sizzled. The kimchi was spicy. I managed to order without completely butchering the language. Victory! Except… I accidentally turned the heat up too high on the BBQ and smoked out the entire table next to me. Mortified, apologized profusely, and then sneakily ate the majority of their side dishes.
- 8:00 PM - 9:00 PM: Wandering along the Cheonggyecheon Stream. Beautiful. Peaceful… until the mosquito army decided my ankles looked delicious. Scratched myself relentlessly.
- 9:00 PM - Bedtime: Back to Hotel Chloe. Collapsed into bed. Realized I probably forgot to buy an adapter, a power bank, and learn at least one new Korean phrase. Probably will never remember them.
Day 2: Culture, Chaos, and Karaoke! (Maybe?)
- Morning (the "coffee, please!" stage):
- 8:00 AM (ish): Failed attempt at using the in-room espresso machine again. Giving up on it. Found a Starbucks. Americano. Life restored.
- 9:00 AM - 11:00 AM: Gyeongbokgung Palace. Oh. My. God. Spectacular. The colors! The architecture! The crowds! Trying to take photos without a million people in the background is proving difficult. Managed to snag a photo with a handsome Korean guy, who gave me the stink eye.
- 11:00 AM - 12:00 PM: Bukchon Hanok Village. Wandering the (very narrow!) streets and admiring the traditional houses. Lovely views. Almost got run over by a tiny, electric golf cart.
- Afternoon (the "hangry" phase - aka, when things get interesting):
- 12:00 PM - 1:00 PM: Lunch at a local bibimbap place near Bukchon. (Trying new things here, people!). My stomach is rumbling with hunger. A woman gives me a side dish. Good.
- 1:00 PM - 3:00 PM: Insadong. Shopping! Tea houses! Art galleries! Got dragged through a "temple stay" activity. Not my thing. Too zen. But the tea was great. Bought some pretty ceramic teacups. Again, spent too much money. Feeling a pattern.
- 3:00 PM - 4:00 PM: The struggle is real. Wandering aimlessly - probably needing a snack.
- Evening (the "let's do something completely impulsive" phase):
- 6:00 PM - ?: Karaoke. Okay, so I'm not that brave. But the idea of going to a Korean karaoke room is so tempting! Maybe? I hear the private rooms are the best. Maybe with a little liquid courage… Maybe… (thinking) If I don't do it tonight, I will REALLY regret it.
- 9:00 PM - Midnight: Dinner and post-karaoke review.
- Midnight - Bedtime: Back to Hotel Chloe, if I can sing and dance my way back. Or maybe I will stay out all night, just enjoying Seoul's amazing nightlife.
Day 3: Markets, More Markets, and Maybe a Hike?
- Morning (the "I need a coffee IV" phase):
- 8:00 AM (ish): Coffee! Needed it.
- 9:00 AM - 11:00 AM: Dongdaemun Markets (again!). This time, I'm going to get serious. Gonna find some souvenirs. Gonna bargain. Gonna… probably get overwhelmed and buy more socks.
- 11:00 AM - 12:00 PM: Namdaemun Market. More markets! More food! More everything! Tried (and failed) to master the art of the Korean street food vendor.
- Afternoon (the "contemplating my life choices" phase):
- 12:00 PM - 1:00 PM: Lunch at a food stall in the market. Randomly pointed again. Got something delicious and spicy and potentially dangerous.
- 1:00 PM - 3:00 PM: Possibly… possibly… considering a hike up Namsan Mountain (N Seoul Tower). Or, you know, I could just admire it from afar while collapsing on a park bench and eating a giant ice cream cone. The ice cream cone is winning right now.
- Evening (the "winding down (or maybe not!)" phase):
- 6:00 PM - 8:00 PM: Finding one last Korean BBQ place near the hotel. Last night of being in Dongdaemun.
- 8:00 PM - ?, Last stroll along Cheonggyecheon Stream at night. Probably some last-minute souvenir shopping. Back to the hotel.
- 10:00 PM (ish): Packing is attempted. May or may not be successful. Socks everywhere.
Epilogue: The Verdict
This is just the framework. This is how my brain works. My actual itinerary is going to be a fluid, messy, amazing thing, full of detours, spontaneous decisions, language barriers (the best kind!), and probably a few
Sandman Calgary Downtown: Your Dream Calgary Getaway Awaits!
Chloe Seoul: My Dongdaemun View Odyssey (Plus, the Station is Right There!) - Seriously, FAQs
Okay, Real Talk: Is the View *Actually* Good? Like, Instagram-Worthy Good?
How Close to the Subway *Really* is "Near the Station?"
Room Cleanliness, Friend or Foe? (The REAL Dirt)
Amenities - Does it have a decent gym? Because I need to offset all the Korean BBQ...
Noise Levels - Can I actually sleep? (Because I'm a light sleeper.)
Food, Glorious Food! Is Breakfast Any Good? (And, is it included?)
What's the deal with the Staff? Were they helpful? (Or just politely ignoring you?)
Dongdaemun Shopping - Is the Hotel in the Right Location for it?! (Because, duhFindelicious Hotels

