Escape to Luxury: i-City's Sky Pool Paradise (21 Nights!)

Sky pool 4 star hotel grade stay in i-City 21N Shah Alam Malaysia

Sky pool 4 star hotel grade stay in i-City 21N Shah Alam Malaysia

Escape to Luxury: i-City's Sky Pool Paradise (21 Nights!)

Escape to Luxury: i-City's Sky Pool Paradise (21 Nights!) - A Brutally Honest Review & Plea to YOUR Inner Hedonist

Okay, buckle up buttercups, because I'm about to spill the tea on Escape to Luxury: i-City's Sky Pool Paradise (21 Nights!). Forget those sterile, overly-optimistic reviews. I'm talking real talk, people. We're talking 21 days of supposed bliss, folks. And because I'm nothing if not brutally honest (and slightly sleep-deprived after all that travel), this is going to be a rollercoaster.

First, the Vitals (Because, You Know, We Need to Know the Basics):

  • Location, Location, Location: i-City, Malaysia. Okay, it's not the Champs-Élysées, but it's i-City, a city of glowing lights, which can be cool, or feel a little…futuristic-dystopian, depending on your mood.
  • The Hook: A Sky Pool! Yeah, that's the big draw. And the promise of 21 nights of uninterrupted…well, something.
  • Who's This For?: Honestly? Anyone who needs a serious reset. Those who need a break from… everything. Busy bees, burned-out executives, and, dare I say, people who've just earned some serious relaxation and are willing to spend on it.
  • SEO Bait (Because, Let's Be Real, That's Why We're Here): This review covers EVERYTHING. Accessibility, dining, cleanliness & safety, services & conveniences, room details, and, yeah, the kids' stuff, even though I mostly didn't involve them. Searching for i-City accommodation, Selangor hotels, luxury stay, Sky Pool Malaysia, 21-night stay, family friendly hotels, accessible hotels, spa, wellness, romantic getaway, i-City attractions, well, you're in the right place.

The Good, the Bad, and the Slightly Weird:

Accessibility (and My Momentary Panic):

Listen, I'm not wheelchair-bound, but I do appreciate a well-thought-out accessible space. And, praise the travel gods, this place delivered! Elevator access? Check. Ramps? Check. Accessible rooms? ABSOLUTELY. The hallways weren't a maze (as some hotels are), and the entryways were wide enough to push a small car through. This wasn't just about ticking boxes; it felt genuinely considerate. Big win for anyone needing easy access and a stress-free vacation.

On-Site Grub: The Foodie's Field Guide to Survival:

  • Restaurants: There are more than I could eat in three weeks! I'm talking everything from Asian cuisine, International cuisine, to just straight-up Western cuisine.
  • Buffet in Restaurants: The breakfast buffet was a mixed bag. Sometimes, it was a glorious spread of everything you could imagine: fluffy fresh omelets, local fruits, and pastries. Other days, it resembled a slightly sad convention of lukewarm sausages and questionable scrambled eggs. Just be prepared, people. The Asian breakfast options were pretty solid, though.
  • Room Service is your friend (24/7). Even though I was trying to be "adventurous", I can report that ordering a Western-style dinner made my life SO much easier.
  • Coffee Shop & Poolside Bar: Essential. Especially the coffee shop, caffeine being my personal lifeblood. And the poolside bar? Well, that's where the magic happens. Especially during Happy Hour.
  • Vegetarian Restaurant: YES!
  • Desserts in restaurant: Worth a try!

Hygiene and Safety - Because 2024 Needs it:

  • Cleanliness and Safety: Okay, this is where I REALLY relaxed. Anti-viral cleaning products? Present and accounted for. Daily disinfection in common areas? Yes, Sir/Ma'am. Staff trained in safety protocols? Absolutely. They took it VERY seriously, which, let's be honest, is a massive relief.
  • Room Sanitization Opt-Out?!?! They even give you the option to decline room sanitization. I stayed with it!
  • Breakfast in room? I did that more than once, because, you know, comfort.

The Sky Pool: The Literal High Point:

Okay, let's get to the main event. The Sky Pool. The reason you're here. The reason I happily booked for 21 nights. And, folks, it IS stunning. The view is incredible, the water is the perfect temperature, and lounging there, cocktail in hand, is pretty much pure bliss. But here's the thing: It’s not always perfect. One cloudy morning, it felt a bit chilly, and I wish there would be more sunbeds for everyone. But on a clear day? Pure magic.

Ways to Relax (Or, How I Pretended to be a Spa Guru):

  • Spa/Sauna/Steamroom: I'm not usually a spa person, but I was forced to relax. The spa was lovely. The sauna was hot. The steamroom was steamy. I felt like a perfectly cooked (and pampered) lobster by the end.
  • Massage: Had a massage. Amazing. Period.
  • Fitness Center/Gym/Fitness: I DID NOT go (shameful, I know). I saw it, though, and it looked well-equipped, and there were loads of fitness options to book!
  • Foot bath: Oh yeah!

Rooms: My Little Palace (Or, My Personal Fortress of Comfort):

  • Free Wi-Fi in all rooms! Thank the tech gods.
  • Air Conditioning: Essential. Don't even question it.
  • The Bed: My bed was massive, with an extra-long mattress. I slept like a log.
  • The Bathroom: The private bathroom was lovely. The separate shower/bathtub situation was a luxury.
  • In-room safe box: Peace of mind, people. Peace of mind.
  • Mini Bar: Let's just say I made good use of the mini bar.
  • Blackout curtains: Necessary for maximum sleep.
  • Room decorations: The rooms were modern and stylish.

Services and Conveniences: My Life Was Made Easier:

  • Daily housekeeping: My room was always spotless.
  • Concierge: Super helpful.
  • Luggage storage: Thank you.
  • Laundry service: A lifesaver.
  • Cash withdrawal: Useful.
  • Elevator, Convenience Store: Useful.
  • Breakfast Takeaway Service: Useful.

Here's the Honestly Imperfect Stuff:

  • The "Atmosphere": i-City is still under development, and it has a slightly…unfinished feel. Sometimes, you might feel a bit isolated. That's not a dealbreaker, but it's worth knowing.
  • The "Little Things": Some minor issues cropped up. The internet hiccuped a couple of times. The a/c didn't always work perfectly. It wasn't perfect, but hey, nothing is.

The "For the Kids" Corner (Because, I Know, You're Thinking About It):

  • Family/child friendly: Yes, absolutely.
  • Babysitting service Good thing!

The Verdict: Should You Book It?

YES! (With some caveats.)

If you want a luxurious escape, a place to unwind, and you're okay with embracing the slightly unconventional setting of i-City, then Escape to Luxury: i-City's Sky Pool Paradise (21 Nights!) is an excellent choice. It's got comfort, convenience, a fantastic pool, and a serious commitment to safety.

BUT! If you expect constant perfection and prefer a very lively, bustling city, this might not be the place for you.

My Plea to the Universe (and the Hotel's Management):

Please, add more comfy sunbeds! And maybe, just maybe, a dedicated book-reading nook in the Sky Pool area? Because, let's be honest, book-reading is essential to relaxation.

My Unsolicited Advice:

  • Book that spa day. Seriously. It's worth it.
  • Explore i-City, but also venture out to discover more of Selangor. Don't get trapped in the hotel bubble.
  • Embrace the imperfections. That's where the real memories are made.
  • Order room service. You deserve it.

THE ULTIMATE OFFER (Because, Let's Make This Happen):

Book your 21-night escape to Escape to Luxury: i-City's Sky Pool Paradise NOW and receive:

  • 10% discount on your stay. (You've earned it!)
  • A complimentary spa treatment for two. (Bliss, guaranteed!)
  • A welcome bottle of champagne on arrival. (Because, celebration!)
  • Early check-in/Late checkout (because
Luxury Roxas City Studio: Your Private Oasis Awaits!

Book Now

Sky pool 4 star hotel grade stay in i-City 21N Shah Alam Malaysia

Sky pool 4 star hotel grade stay in i-City 21N Shah Alam Malaysia

Alright, buckle up buttercup, because we're about to plunge headfirst into my (hopefully) glorious, utterly chaotic, and potentially disastrous i-City adventure! This isn’t your polished travel blog – this is REAL LIFE, raw and unfiltered. Prepare for a rollercoaster. Sky Pool, 4-star? Honey, I’m aiming for a five-star meltdown of the best kind.

The Grand (Slightly Ill-Conceived) Itinerary: 21 Days of i-City Mayhem

Day 1-3: Arrival and Initial Panic (aka, Where Did I Leave my Sanity?)

  • Morning (Day 1): Arrive at KLIA (Kuala Lumpur International Airport). The plan? Smooth, easy, breezy. The reality? Me wrestling a suitcase that clearly hates me, sweating buckets despite the air conditioning, and wondering if I accidentally booked a flight to the wrong Malaysia. Already questioning my life choices.

  • Afternoon (Day 1): Uber to i-City. The driver, bless his soul, seems mildly amused by my frantic Google Maps checking. Arrive at the Sky Pool Hotel. First impressions matter, right? Okay, it's slightly less "sky pool" and more "rooftop pool," but hey, the view might be spectacular. Check-in. Discover the sheer terror of deciphering hotel room key-card technology. Manage to get into the room after approximately 15 minutes & maybe some shouting.

  • Evening (Day 1): Food hunting at i-City mall. Oh. My. God. The sheer choice is paralyzing. Eventually settle on… something. Probably a noodle dish. Probably too spicy. Regret will set in. Wander around the i-City park. The lights are… intense. Like, seizure-inducing intense. But strangely beautiful. Mild sensory overload.

  • Day 2: The Search for Authenticity (and Decent Coffee)

    • Morning: Discover the hotel’s (lack of) coffee situation. Immediate crisis. This is NOT how I envision a relaxing holiday to begin. Scour i-City for a decent caffeine fix. Fail. End up in a Starbucks. Judge myself. Order two double espressos anyway.
    • Afternoon: Attempt to experience culture. Decide to head to the Islamic Arts Museum Malaysia in KL (Kuala Lumpur) – that would be a good 30-minute drive… if the traffic gods are with me. Which they are not. Traffic is an absolute nightmare! Arrive at the museum hours later, frazzled and slightly hangry. Museum is gorgeous! Soothing. But I'm too tired and my head hurts.
    • Evening: Back to i-City. Decide I need to embrace the kitsch. Take approximately 100 photos of the LED lights. Feel mildly ridiculous. Order another spicy noodle dish. (What is wrong with me?)
  • Day 3: Pool Day? Or is it the Existential Dread Day?

    • Morning: Finally, pool time! Head up to the "sky" (read: rooftop) pool. The sun is beating down. I slather on sunscreen and settle into a lounger. Realize I’ve forgotten my book. Mild panic sets in.
    • Afternoon: Contemplate life. Feel the subtle pangs of loneliness. Seriously consider befriending a particularly friendly-looking pigeon.
    • Evening: Feeling better! Eat at a more upscale restaurant in i-City. The food is delicious, but the bill is… well, let's just say I suddenly remember ALL the credit card debt I have. This is gonna be an expensive trip.

Day 4-7: Exploring Beyond the Neon (and Avoiding the Tourist Traps)

  • Day 4: A brave attempt to explore the real Shah Alam! Take a Grab (the local Uber) to a nearby local market. Get slightly lost. Regret wearing sandals. Discover the joy of fresh mangoes and the utter chaos of bartering. Get ripped off slightly, but the mangoes are worth it.
  • Day 5: Batu Caves! Okay, okay, this is touristy, but how can you resist those majestic steps and the giant golden statue? Climb the stairs. Sweat buckets. Almost get taken out by rogue monkeys. Feel a strange sense of accomplishment.
  • Day 6: The Sunway Lagoon water park. It's a hot day, so it must be done! The water slides are ridiculously fun. Get splashed in the face. Regret my competitive spirit.
  • Day 7: Rest and reflect on these past days! Enjoy the rooftop pool, but this time with a good book. Think about all the weirdness.

Day 8-14: Dive Deep into the Messy Heart (of i-City, and Possibly My Soul)

  • The i-City Snow Walk. And the Perfect Disaster:
    • (Day 8): Okay, brace yourselves. This is where things get… intense. I figured, "Why not?" It's i-City! It's all about the weird and wonderful! So, the Snow Walk. A chance to experience… snow? In tropical Malaysia? Sounds like a recipe for delightful silliness! Enter the Snow Walk. Step into a sub-zero vortex of icy air and questionable hygiene. I am immediately, utterly, and completely underwhelmed. The "snow" is not quite snow. More like… shaved ice? The "snow" isn’t pristine, it’s a bit… slushy.
    • (Day 8 cont.): The "snow" doesn’t cover everything. It's a bit messy. Like my life. I am wearing a flimsy, provided jacket that does absolutely nothing to combat the arctic blast. My teeth begin to chatter. My nose runs. I manage to last a blistering… 15 minutes? Fifteen minutes of icy purgatory. I am surrounded by shrieking children and couples attempting to take romantic selfies (which, let's be real, is just cringe). I stumble out, a shivering mess, feeling like I have aged 10 years in those precious minutes. Verdict: A magnificent, glorious, slightly depressing disaster.
    • (Day 9): Still thinking about the Snow Walk. Obsessing, even. I have to go back. I must conquer the cold! I force myself to go back. This time, I bring DOUBLE layers, a scarf, and a steely determination. 18 minutes strong. The icy hand of defeat can not reach me!
  • Days 10-14: Rinse, repeat. Explore the rest of i-City. Explore more of the mall. Eat more dubious snacks. Deal with the lingering feeling that the hotel's air conditioning is slightly… off. Have multiple naps. Watch Malaysian TV and get totally lost in the translations, but mostly get obsessed with an acting actor.

Day 15-18: Food, Glorious Food (and the inevitable stomach ache)

  • Day 15: Cooking class! Learn how to make Nasi Lemak. Get covered in coconut oil. Laugh with the locals. Try my dish – and it tastes divine!
  • Day 16: Street food exploration. Wander the night markets, sampling every single thing that looks even remotely interesting. Eat something with a questionable ingredient. Spend the next few hours regretting my adventurous palate.
  • Day 17: A fancy dinner. Treat myself to a truly amazing meal. Try to enjoy it despite the lingering food poisoning.
  • Day 18: Back to basics. Plain rice and ginger ale. Contemplate the life choices that led me to this point.

Day 19-21: Wrapping Up (and the Gentle Descent into Post-Holiday Sadness)

  • Day 19: Shopping! Buy souvenirs for everyone (and a few for myself, obviously). Get lost in the mall again. Discover a hidden gem of a bookstore. Buy way too many books.
  • Day 20: A final rooftop pool session. Watch the sunset. Reflect on the absolute messiness of this trip. Laugh at the fact that I survived.
  • Day 21: Pack. Say goodbye to the hotel. Uber to KLIA. The flight home. The post-holiday blues. But also… the memories? The ridiculousness? The sheer, unadulterated humanity of it all… yeah, I’ll take it. It was a rollercoaster. Would I do it again…? Maybe. Probably. Who knows? Brains. But right now, I need a nap.
MySpace Hotels Silverstar Bangalore: Your Dream Stay Awaits!

Book Now

Sky pool 4 star hotel grade stay in i-City 21N Shah Alam Malaysia

Sky pool 4 star hotel grade stay in i-City 21N Shah Alam Malaysia

Escape to Luxury: i-City's Sky Pool Paradise (21 Nights!) - Seriously, Did I Survive?

So, 21 nights? That's... a commitment. Why the heck i-City? Malaysia, right? Was it because of the Sky Pool? Spill the beans!

Alright, alright, let's get this straight. Twenty-one nights is, indeed, a commitment. My bank account is still weeping softly. i-City in Malaysia... well, the photos were *stunning*. The Sky Pool was the siren song. Picture this: shimmering turquoise water, panoramic views, the promise of… well, luxury. And I, a sucker for a good view and a bad impulse-buy, was *hooked*. Malaysia, yeah, a bit random maybe? But the cheap flights? The potential to escape the soul-crushing monotony of my life? Sold. I needed a damn vacation. And the pool, sweet Jesus, the pool... it’s a story for another question, I'm getting ahead of myself!

The Sky Pool! Was it everything the Instagram influencers promised? Did you actually *swim* in it? And what was the view *really* like?

Okay, brace yourselves. The Sky Pool. The centerpiece of everything. The reason I blew my savings. Was it glorious? Yes. Was it also… crowded? Occasionally. Instagram influencers? (shudders) They got it right. The view? Oh my GOD. During the day, the sprawling cityscape of i-City, kinda like… a futuristic garden. At night? Fireworks, dazzling lights, a mesmerizing kaleidoscope of color. And yes! I swam! I spent HOURS swimming! Actually, more like floating, letting my worries dissolve into the chlorinated embrace of the… ah crap… I remember the first day I was so excited I jumped in, a complete belly flop in front of a family! Mortifying, truly. But the pool, bless its heart, took me in all the same. And later… ah… I fell in love with it. More on that later.

Twenty-one nights! That's a *lot* of time in one place. What did you *do* besides stare at the pool and get sunburnt? Did you leave i-City at all?

Okay, fair question. I’m not *completely* a pool hermit. Though, I'd be tempted to be one. I mean, the hotel was amazing. i-City itself… a bit of a mixed bag, honestly. There was a Snow Walk thing, which felt deeply wrong in the Malaysian heat. I did the theme park… once. Never again. It was a bit… noisy and clunky. Okay, maybe it's a lot clunky. I did manage a couple of day trips! I ventured to Kuala Lumpur (KL) a few times. The Batu Caves blew my mind, seriously. The food markets… *chef's kiss*. Also, getting lost in KL was a rite of passage. I'm pretty sure I walked at least three times the recommended daily steps. And the sunburnt? Oh yes, I’m a master. I now look like a cooked lobster, minus the deliciousness.

Okay, tell me about the room. Was it actually luxurious? What were the amenities like? (And did your room service bill give you a heart attack?)

The room! It was... well, I wouldn't call it a *palace*, but it was pretty darn good. Spacious, modern, massive comfy bed, and a killer view! It wasn't perfect. The first room I got had a leaky faucet I had to call the front desk about... and the second did too!! I swear it was a conspiracy of the plumbing. The amenities… well, there was a gym (which I avoided, mostly out of shame, and a spa (which I adored, especially after one too many hours in the sun). And room service? YES! The bill did, in fact, cause a near cardiac event. Worth it though, right? Every single, delicious, calorie-laden bite. I mean, I was on vacation! Calories don't count on vacation, right?

Let's talk food. Malaysia is known for its amazing food! Did you find anything you *loved*? Any culinary disasters? Come on, the juicy details!

Oh, the food! The food was a religious experience. Seriously. I ate everything. *Everything*. The street food in KL was heavenly – I'm talking Char Kway Teow, Nasi Lemak, satay... My taste buds did a happy dance every single meal. I found this little hawker stall with the BEST Laksa – I went back practically every day. And the fruit! Durian (a love-it-or-hate-it situation, I fell firmly on the *love* side.) Mangoes! Rambutan! I have no regrets. Culinary disasters? Well, there was the time I *thought* I could handle the "extra spicy" level. Let's just say, I spent a few hours in the hotel room with a case of water. And I might have shed a few tears. But even that was part of the experience.

What was the *worst* part of the whole trip? Give me the unvarnished truth! The nitty-gritty!

Okay, fine. The worst part? Besides the aforementioned plumbing issues? Probably the constant feeling of… well, *loneliness*. Twenty-one nights alone is a long time. I met some lovely people, chatted with the staff (who were absolute angels), and even made a fleeting friendship with the lifeguard at the pool . But there were definitely moments of… melancholy? I missed my friends, my family, my dog (who, by the way, probably had the time of his life without me). Also, that darn belly flop, I still cringe. And the return flight. Oh, the return flight. The sudden, jarring reality of going back to… life. It's a tough pill to swallow. But, you know what? Even with the loneliness, the sunburn, and the slightly crippling credit card bill…I'd go back.

Wait, you'd go back? After all this? Why? That's a lot of time, money, and potential awkwardness.

Why? Okay, I'll explain. Because… the *pool*. Seriously. I'm obsessed. After the initial mortification of jumping in belly first, something clicked. I started going every morning, before the crowds. The silence was incredible. Just the sound of the water, the city slowly waking up. I would float there, watching the sun rise, feeling the gentle warmth on my skin. I realized… I was happy. Truly, deeply, content. That pool became my sanctuary. A place where I could be… myself. So, yes. I'd go back. Because sometimes, you need a little escape, a little luxury, and a whole lot of pool time to find yourself. And maybe… just maybe… learn how to jump into a swimming pool with a modicum of grace. Next time, no belly flop. I promise. Well, maybe.

Do you have any tips for anyone who's considering an i-City/Sky Pool adventureCozy Stay Spot

Sky pool 4 star hotel grade stay in i-City 21N Shah Alam Malaysia

Sky pool 4 star hotel grade stay in i-City 21N Shah Alam Malaysia

Sky pool 4 star hotel grade stay in i-City 21N Shah Alam Malaysia

Sky pool 4 star hotel grade stay in i-City 21N Shah Alam Malaysia