Gold Coast PIK's GenZ Studio: Jakarta's Hottest New Creative Space!

Genz Studio @ Goldcoast PIK Jakarta Indonesia

Genz Studio @ Goldcoast PIK Jakarta Indonesia

Gold Coast PIK's GenZ Studio: Jakarta's Hottest New Creative Space!

Alright, buckle up buttercups, because I just spent a weekend at the Gold Coast PIK's GenZ Studio in Jakarta, and let me tell you, it's an experience, alright. Not just a hotel, more like a… well, the website calls it a "creative space," and man, is that accurate! Let's break this down, layer by layer, like a delicious (and slightly messy) nasi goreng.

The Bone Structure: Accessibility, Safety (And a Whole Lotta Tech)

First things first: accessibility. This is a big one for me, because honestly, after years of travel, I appreciate a place that actually cares. The elevators are easy to find, and I saw ramps everywhere. Bonus points! They've also got facilities for disabled guests, so that's a win. Now, about the safety… they’re serious about safety protocol. CCTV, security, the works. It felt actually safe, important point with the crazy traffic. Individually-wrapped food options? Check. Hand sanitizer EVERYWHERE? Double check. Staff trained in safety protocol? You betcha. Room sanitization? You can opt out of it if you'd like, which shows they're trying to strike a balance between safety and choice. And the fact that they are using anti-viral cleaning products, sterilizing equipment? They’re not messing around. Cashless payment service is a lifesaver, especially when you're wandering around in a jetlag haze. The whole contactless check-in/out thing is genius and super convenient.

Internet: My Lifeline (And Yours Too!)

Okay, let’s be real. The internet is critical. And THANK GOODNESS. No one wants a hotel with terrible Wi-Fi! Free Wi-Fi in all rooms? Yes, please! And the Internet access – LAN option? A little old-school, but still appreciated for the tech nerds out there. I didn't test the LAN, I'm not a total caveman. But the Wi-Fi in public areas was solid. Internet services are what you’d expect. It was quick, reliable, and kept me connected, which is a must when I'm working.

Room Review: My Little Oasis!

My room was… well, it was mine. Not necessarily the minimalist, blank-canvas hotel room I expected. It was decorated (I'm a sucker for some design!), and the blackout curtains were a godsend after a long flight and the air conditioning was spot-on. Extra long bed? YES! The interconnecting room(s) available could be handy if you're traveling with family, but I appreciated my solo escape. The desk area was actually usable, which is not always the case, and I got some work done. Bathtub and separate shower/bathtub were a nice touch. The complimentary bottled water? Another necessity. Complimentary tea and a coffee/tea maker? Genius (I seriously can't function without a morning coffee). Bathrobes and slippers? Luxury! If I HAD to nitpick, maybe a few more power outlets near the bed. I am always looking for a socket near the bed.

Dining, Drinking, and Snacking: Food, glorious food!

Okay, let’s talk about the fuel. Restaurants? plural. Coffee shops? Of course! The Asian cuisine in restaurant was incredible – I could have eaten Asian breakfast, salad, soup, and desserts all day long. The Western cuisine in restaurant was solid, too, a nice option if I was craving more familiar fare. The breakfast service (both buffet and a la carte) was plentiful and tasty. I opted for the breakfast takeaway service some days because I needed to make my flight, and it was super easy. There's a poolside bar, that's a must for a relaxing Indonesian vacation. If you need a quick bite, there's a snack bar and bottle of water is always available. They even offer alternative meal arrangement. The 24-hour Room service? A godsend on a late-night work session (or when my stomach decided to attack at 3 am).

The "Things to Do": Relaxation and Recreation

This is where the "creative space" vibe really kicks in. They have a fitness center, if you’re the type. I am not. My own ideal is a pool with a view, and the GenZ Studio definitely delivered! Picture it! The swimming pool [outdoor] is gorgeous. A spa/sauna? Yes! Body scrub, body wrap, massage. Okay, I indulged. The steamroom? I didn't get to make it, but the option is there.. I relaxed. I de-stressed. I might have fallen asleep in the sun. No regrets.

The "Extras": Services and Conveniences

Doorman, concierge, laundry service, dry cleaning… they've got you covered. Daily housekeeping! Hooray! Luggage storage – essential for travelers. Safety deposit boxes in the rooms? Excellent. There is a gift/souvenir shop! I like to buy trinkets. I am the cliche! Business facilities like meeting/banquet facilities, business facilities, Xerox/fax in the business center? Good for the working folks.

My One Minor Hiccup (And Why It Doesn't Matter)

Okay, here's a confession: the first night, the AC in my room got a little too cold. I mean, Arctic-level cold. I called down, and they had someone fix it immediately. THAT’S the kind of service that makes a hotel memorable. Seriously, I told them about the temperature in the room and I was a bit grumpy at first. After that, the stay was practically perfect.

For the Kids: Family-Friendly Fun!

They offer babysitting service and have kids facilities. A place like this is great for a family!

The Bottom Line (And Why You Should Book)

Gold Coast PIK's GenZ Studio isn't just a place to sleep. It is a destination. It's a vibe. It's a creative space, yes, but it’s also a comfortable, safe, and seriously cool place to hang out. The staff goes above and beyond, the amenities are spot-on, and the location is perfect for exploring Jakarta.

Here's My Crazy-Good Offer (That You Can't Refuse!)

Book Your Dream Getaway Now and Receive:

  • A Free Upgrade: To a room with a view! (Subject to availability, of course, but you’ll be treated like gold.)
  • A Complimentary Cocktail: At the pool bar (because you deserve it).
  • Early Check-in & Late Check-out: Get more time to relax and enjoy, all courtesy of Gold Coast PIK's GenZ Studio.
  • Free City Tour: If you book a 3-night stay or longer. Immerse yourself in the vibrant culture and hidden gems of Jakarta.

Limited Time Offer! This deal won't last forever, so book your stay at Gold Coast PIK's GenZ Studio today. Click the link below and let the adventures begin! Don’t wait!

Shimanami Kaido's BEST Kept Secret: Imabari's Luxury Hideaway (Shimanami Prime Hotel)

Book Now

Genz Studio @ Goldcoast PIK Jakarta Indonesia

Genz Studio @ Goldcoast PIK Jakarta Indonesia

Alright, here's a totally messy, overly-emotional, and probably-won't-be-followed-exactly itinerary for a day (or part of a day, let's be real) at Genz Studio in PIK, Jakarta. Buckle up, buttercups, because it's gonna be a rollercoaster.

Genz Studio PIK: My Attempt at Cool (or Maybe Just a Nap)

(Note: I really need that nap.)

Morning (AKA: The Struggle to Get Out of Bed)

  • 7:00 AM: Alarm blares. (Actually, it's the slightly-too-upbeat "Happy" song by Pharrell. Ugh.) Instinctively hit snooze. Again. Wonder if I can just telecommute my experience at Genz… probably not.
  • 7:30 AM: Second alarm. Drag myself out of bed. Stumble into the bathroom. The mirror does not lie. I look like I wrestled a sleep demon.
  • 7:45 AM: Attempt to make coffee. Burn the coffee. Sigh. Resort to instant coffee. Bitter, but necessary. (This is where the 'messy' part begins. My life is a mess.)
  • 8:00 AM: Actually get dressed, but with the most comfortable outfit possible. Think oversized t-shirt and some cool but comfy pants. Gotta look good while possibly failing at being cool.
  • 8:30 AM: Fight traffic. Seriously, Jakarta traffic is a living, breathing entity of frustration. Mutter profanities under breath. Imagine winning the jackpot and just hiring a helicopter.

Arrival & Initial Impressions (aka: "OMG, People are So Young")

  • 9:30 AM (ish): Arrive at Genz Studio PIK. Whoa. Okay. Immediately feel old. Like, really old. The place is buzzing with energy. So many influencers, or people who probably are influencers, strutting around looking effortlessly chic. I feel like a grandma in a mosh pit.
  • 9:45 AM: Navigation Chaos. Trying to find the entrance. Get momentarily lost. Ask for directions. Realize, my Indonesian is, well, rusty. End up pointing and nodding a lot.
  • 10:00 AM: Gawk at the interior design. (and secretly take a lot of photos for my own social media - don't judge me!) The vibrant colours are actually energizing, even if they don't particularly match my general aesthetic. It's like a fever dream of cool.

The "Experience" Formerly Known as Activities:

  • 10:30 AM - 12:00 PM: The Instagram Graveyard: Okay, probably the most important part. Wander through the various themed rooms. This is where it gets real: I'm overwhelmed. Seriously, overwhelmed. So much to take in. So many props. So many people vying for the perfect shot. Feel a wave of mild existential dread. Is this what life has become? Posing for pictures? But I must participate! I must get the perfect selfie. It's for, like, memories, right?

    • Room 1 (The Pink Oasis): Meh. Too pink. I'm not a pink kind of person. Take a few tentative photos. Feel awkward.
    • Room 2 (The Neon Dream): Okay, now we're talking! Neon lights always look better on camera. Maybe this is my chance to actually look cool. Pose. Fail. Feel like a dork. Take more photos. Still feel like a dork.
    • Room 3 (The Throne Room): Wait, is that a throne? I MUST SIT ON IT. Try to look regal. Probably fail again. The throne feels suspiciously like plastic. Still, pose!
    • Room 4 (The Ball Pit of Doom): Oh, hell no. I am NOT going in a ball pit. Germs, people! Germs! Plus, I am already starting to feel the sugar high crash. I'm old and cranky and tired.
    • The Verdict: The rooms are well-designed and the photo ops are plentiful (especially if you're into that sort of thing). but, they're mostly for youths that are willing to wait in line up to an hour. So, I'll probably be sitting around on my phone!
  • 12:00 PM - 1:00 PM: The Quest for Lunch (and Sanity): Time for sustenance! Look for possible food corners. Is there anything that doesn't involve a line of teenagers?

  • 1:00 PM - 2:00 PM: I'd planned to spend time in the "Game Room" section but I'm exhausted. Maybe another time, when my knees are better, and my enthusiasm isn't so low.

Afternoon (AKA: The Slow Fade)

  • 2:00 PM: Head back to the car. The energy of Genz Studio is starting to get to me.
  • 2:30 PM: Arrive home. Collapse on the couch. Vow to never be cool again. Or, at the very least, not until I’ve had a nap.
  • Rest of the Day: Sleep (hopefully). Regret not ordering a taxi. Maybe scroll through all the photos I took and delete the ones where I look particularly tragic. Realize I probably forgot to actually live in between the pictures. Decide to maybe take a walk later. Or maybe not. Probably not. Definitely nap.

Post-Trip Reflections (aka: The Aftermath)

  • (Days Later): Look back at the photos. See the bad angles. Cringe. Delete half of them. Decide, hey, it was still fun. Kinda. Maybe I'll try again next year. (But I might avoid the ball pit.)

Final Thoughts:

Genz Studio is a visual feast, especially if you're into the whole photo-op thing. It's definitely a vibrant and energetic space. But, for this old soul, the sheer volume of it all was a bit much. I think I need to build more stamina to visit.

And yeah, a nap is essential. Always.

Disclaimer: This itinerary is highly subjective, potentially inaccurate, and based on one person's (me!) extremely messy experience. Your mileage may vary. You might love Genz. You might hate it. You might just want a nap. And that's okay. Embrace the chaos. And take a lot of pictures (but maybe be a bit more selective than I was). Good luck!

Osaka's HOTTEST 8-Person Villa: 2-Min Walk to Train, 7-Min to Namba!

Book Now

Genz Studio @ Goldcoast PIK Jakarta Indonesia

Genz Studio @ Goldcoast PIK Jakarta Indonesia

Gold Coast PIK's GenZ Studio: Jakarta's Hottest Mess (and Maybe the Best?) – FAQs You Actually Need!

Okay, so what *is* this GenZ Studio thing anyway? Sounds...Trendy.

Alright, so picture this: a massive, super-Instagrammable space in Gold Coast PIK. It's basically a playground for creatives. Think photoshoots, TikToks, music videos... you name it, you can probably film it there. They've got like, a million different rooms, each styled with a specific aesthetic. It's *very* GenZ. It's *very* Jakarta. My first thought? "Ugh, another influencer haven." My *second* thought? "Actually... this might be kinda brilliant." Depends on your mood, I guess.

Is it actually *good* for photoshoots? I'm a photographer, not a TikTok star (mostly).

Dude, listen, I'm a *photographer* too! And, look, I went in cynical. I really did. I figured it'd be all harsh fluorescent lighting and plastic props. But honestly? The variety is incredible. They've got everything from minimalist white cycloramas to crazy-detailed sets that look straight out of a magazine. The natural light situation in some of the rooms is surprisingly good. I managed to snag some *killer* shots in the "vintage diner" setup. It was a total pain wrangling the models, naturally. They couldn't *stop* taking selfies. But the result? Worth it. Definitely worth it. You'll have to deal with the crowds, though. Get there early, or book out a *long* slot.

What's the deal with pricing? Is it going to bankrupt me?

Okay, here's the thing: it's not *cheap*. Let's be honest. But it's also not insane, especially when you consider what you're getting. They seem to have different packages based on the size of the room and the length of time. Check the website. I vaguely remember seeing hourly rates, and also some packages with access to multiple rooms. The details? Well, my brain's fried from trying to remember all the Insta-stories I saw. Look, budget accordingly. And maybe bring a packed lunch. Because, trust me, food options in PIK are going to kill your wallet even faster.

I heard it's always packed. How do I actually *get* a booking? Is it a lottery?

It *is* packed. It's a nightmare. Like, trying to get a reservation on a Saturday is like trying to find parking at Central Park during Christmas. Basically, you need to be organized. Go online. Their website is... functional. Not amazing, but usable. They have a booking system, probably. I think. You'll have to specify the date, the time, and the room you want. Be flexible. And pray to the Instagram gods for a cancellation. Seriously. I nearly lost it trying to book last time. I swear, I need a therapy session *just* to think about the booking process.

What kind of "rooms" do they have? Give me some examples.

Oh, the rooms! This is where it gets fun (and a little overwhelming). They have themed rooms. Literally *everything*. I swear, I saw a freaking *spaceship* themed room. Think:

  • Clean White Cyclorama Rooms (good for product shots, moody portraits, you know the drill).
  • "Pretty in Pink" Rooms (obvious, but effective).
  • "Vintage Diner" - I've already mentioned this. Obsessed.
  • "Cozy Library" - Perfect for pretending you're an intellectual, even if you're not.
  • "Modern Minimalist Apartment" - For those aspirational lifestyle shots.
  • The Space Ship - I still think about that space ship!
They are constantly updating the decor too. Don't be surprised to find a new theme every month.

Is it actually *worth* the hype (and the inevitable crowds)?

Okay, the honest truth? It depends. If you're a photographer or a content creator, and you need variety and a cool location, *yes*. Absolutely, yes. It saves you the hassle of scouting, setting up, and tearing down sets. If you're easily annoyed by the constant presence of influencers, *no*. You will want to scream. If you're easily agitated by crowds? Probably not. It's a *vibe*. And that vibe is both awesome and incredibly exhausting. I leave every time feeling like I ran a marathon, but, you know, a *stylish* marathon. I'd go back. I'd probably go back tomorrow. And I'd complain the whole time. But I'd go.

Okay, the lighting... is it any good? I'm a lighting snob.

Alright, lighting snob. I hear you. And the answer is... it depends. The built-in lighting is... decent. Not the best. Not the worst. Mostly, it's designed for phone cameras, so it's all bright and even. If you're a proper photographer, bring your own gear. Duh. Some rooms have amazing natural light at certain times of the day. That vintage diner? Glorious. Some rooms are almost *too* dark, so bring your speedlights. The point? Be prepared. Don't expect a professional studio with perfect lighting in every room. But, the potential is there. You can make it work.

What are the "rules"? Are there any annoying restrictions?

Rules, rules, rules... There are probably some. I suspect the major one is "don't wreck the place." You can't move the furniture (unless you ask). They will probably have some rules about bringing in your own food and drinks. Check the website. Read the fine print. Seriously. I'm not responsible for you getting kicked out. They probably have a "no nudity" rule. Probably. And definitely no leaving glitter everywhere, because that's just rude. Okay?

Food and Drinks? Should I bring my own? Are there cafes nearby?

Okay. This is where things get complicated. Because PIK. You're in PIK. You're surrounded by a million restaurants and cafes... but. The good ones, the interesting ones, they tend to beOcean View Inn

Genz Studio @ Goldcoast PIK Jakarta Indonesia

Genz Studio @ Goldcoast PIK Jakarta Indonesia

Genz Studio @ Goldcoast PIK Jakarta Indonesia

Genz Studio @ Goldcoast PIK Jakarta Indonesia