
Makassar's Hidden Gem: Stunning 2BR Apt Vida View! (Travelio Deal!)
Makassar's Hidden Gem: Stunning 2BR Apt Vida View! (Travelio Deal!) - A Wildly Honest Review (Plus, a Sneaky Booking Pitch!)
Alright, buckle up, buttercups, because I just spent a week in Makassar at this "Hidden Gem" – the 2BR Apt Vida View, courtesy of Travelio. And lemme tell you, it was a rollercoaster. Strap in, because this isn’t your dry, corporate hotel review. This is real talk, folks.
First Impressions (and a Moment of Pure Panic):
Getting there was, well, an adventure. Accessibility wise, the building itself seemed pretty good, with an elevator which I hugely appreciated, because dragging luggage through the stairs in the Makassar heat? No, thank you! But getting to the place? Let's just say my Grab driver (shoutout to Mr. Joko, who was a saint!) had a little trouble finding the entrance. The CCTV outside the property gave me peace of mind, though. Found the car park [on-site] was convenient.
Cleanliness and Safety - My COVID-Induced Obsession:
Okay, so I'm paranoid, and this pandemic has amplified it. I was glued to the hand sanitizer like it was a lifeline! Thankfully, Vida View took it seriously. They had hand sanitizer everywhere, and the daily disinfection in common areas gave me a little jolt of hope. Now, I can't personally vouch for the anti-viral cleaning products, but everything looked sparkly clean. They also had a doctor/nurse on call, let's hope it's not needed!
The Rooms Themselves - My Sanctuary (and a Minor Panic Attack):
The apartment itself was… stunning, as advertised. Really, truly stunning! My jaw actually dropped when I walked in. Air conditioning, thank GOD, because Makassar’s a furnace. The blackout curtains were a godsend – perfect for sleeping off those late-night excursions to find the best coto Makassar (more on that deliciousness later!).
**Inside the room, you can find: *additional toilet*, *air conditioning*, *alarm clock*, *bathrobes*, *bathroom phone*, *bathtub*, *blackout curtains*, *carpeting*, *closet*, *coffee/tea maker*, *complimentary tea*, *daily housekeeping*, *desk*, *extra long bed*, *free bottled water*, *hair dryer*, *high floor*, *in-room safe box*, *interconnecting room(s) available*, *internet access – LAN*, *internet access – wireless*, *ironing facilities*, *laptop workspace*, *linens*, *mini bar*, *mirror*, *non-smoking*, *on-demand movies*, *private bathroom*, *reading light*, *refrigerator*, *safety/security feature*, *satellite/cable channels*, *scale*, *seating area*, *separate shower/bathtub*, *shower*, *slippers*, *smoke detector*, *socket near the bed*, *sofa*, *soundproofing*, *telephone*, *toiletries*, *towels*, *umbrella*, *visual alarm*, *wake-up service*, *Wi-Fi [free]*, *window that opens.*
The Wi-Fi [free] was a lifesaver, but the speed… let’s just say there were a few moments of frustrated yelling at my laptop (Internet services were available, but I didn't use them). Internet and Internet [LAN] were available.
I'm a sucker for a good bath after a long day, I'm happy that it has bathtub and separate shower/bathtub.
The Amenities: Pool, Spa, and My Attempt at Relaxation.
Now, the fun part! They have a freaking swimming pool [outdoor]! Beautiful, with a pool with a view, overlooking the city. I spent a glorious afternoon just floating there, pretending I was a glamorous movie star. Sauna and Steamroom are cool, but I didn’t actually use them, I was too busy stuffing my face with food (see below). They boast a spa, but I didn’t see a body scrub, body wrap, or the whole massage shebang. Bummer.
The Fitness center was also there, and I did attempt to workout there once, but I gave up on the third rep. I ended up going to Sauna to relax.
Dining, Drinking, and (Mostly) Devouring:
Okay, confession time: I ate my way through Makassar. Sadly, there wasn't a in house restaurant and I got to rely on outside food delivery. The good thing is, there are a lot of restaurants nearby!
Services and Conveniences - The Little Things That Matter:
The concierge was helpful, and the daily housekeeping kept the place spotless. They have a convenience store, which definitely came in handy for late-night snack runs. They even offered food delivery, which, let's be honest, I used a lot. The laundry service was a godsend, considering my suitcase looked like a bomb went off in a laundry pile.
Things to do (Beyond Eating), and Getting Around:
Makassar is full of adventures! I took advantage of the airport transfer and found the taxi service useful. I didn't see any bicycle parking.
The Verdict (and a Shameless Pitch):
Look, this place wasn't perfect. Maybe the Wi-Fi could be a little faster, and a proper spa would've been amazing. But overall? For the price, the space, the location? This place is a winner.
The Emotional Breakdown (aka, Why You Should Book Now):
I'm almost hesitant to gush too much because I'm selfishly hoping it doesn't get too popular. But seriously, I felt safe, I felt comfortable, and I was ridiculously close to some of the best food on the planet. That feeling of coming "home" to a beautiful apartment after a day of exploring? Priceless.
So, here’s the deal. Book the 2BR Apt Vida View through Travelio. Seriously. Do it. You won't regret it. And for an affordable price, you can enjoy this luxurious experience. Trust me, your taste buds (and your sanity) will thank you.
Don’t Delay. Book Your Makassar Adventure Today!
Pai's BEST Kept Secret: Hug Pai Hostel Awaits!
Alright, buckle up, buttercups, because this ain't your grandma's pristine travel itinerary. This is… ME in Makassar, Indonesia, at the mercy of a compact 2BR at Apt Vida View by Travelio. And trust me, it's gonna be a WILD ride.
Day 1: Arrival and the Great Fridge Scavenge (Plus, Existential Dread)
- Morning (7:00 AM - 10:00 AM): Landed. Makassar. Smelly, humid, and… surprisingly charming? The airport was a whirlwind of Bahasa Indonesia and overly friendly (but genuinely helpful) airport staff. Ugh, the bags! Took me, like, 15 minutes to find my driver. I'm already regretting not packing deodorant. Found the driver and made it to the apartment.
- Mid-morning (10:00 AM - 12:00 PM): The Apt Vida View! Okay, it’s… compact. VERY compact. But the view is… well, it's a view. Of other apartments, mostly. And some laundry flapping in the breeze. The air con is kicking in now. Decided to check the fridge, because, you know, the essentials of survival. Found two packets of instant noodles (SCORE!), a questionable carton of milk, and a single, lonely egg. Existential crisis number one: will I ever escape instant noodles?
- Lunch (12:00 PM - 1:00 PM): Found some street food nearby. The smell was magnificent. Ended up with some Coto Makassar (local beef stew). Spicy. Delicious. Made me sweat like a pig. My first real moment in the local culture.
- Afternoon (1:00 PM - 5:00 PM): Tried to walk around the neighborhood, but the heat almost killed me! Spent some time in my compact apartment. Really wish I had a laundry machine right about now.
- Evening (6:00 PM - 9:00 PM): Dinner at a recommended local restaurant. Was quite tasty. My stomach is still doing flips from the spices. Ended up back at the apartment, feeling strangely overwhelmed and under-prepared and wanting a very long sleep.
Day 2: Trans Studio Makassar (And Why Theme Parks Are Sometimes a Terrible Idea)
- Morning (8:00 AM - 9:00 AM): Forced myself out of bed. This jet lag is a beast! Coffee is desperately needed. Found a small, local cafe for coffee.
- Morning (9:00 AM - 12:00 PM): Trans Studio Makassar. Oh. My. God. This place is a sensory OVERLOAD. This place is huge, which is a win, but it is very crowded, which is a loss. The roller coasters. The screaming kids. The sheer expense of it all. Okay, it was fun. For about 20 minutes. Then the lines got long. I almost lost a shoe. Survived!
- Lunch (12:00 PM - 1:00 PM): Food court in Trans Studio. Overpriced, greasy, and somehow… satisfying? I'm starting to question my life choices.
- Afternoon (1:00 PM - 4:00 PM): More Trans Studio mayhem. Rode a dark ride that gave me motion sickness. Regretted eating lunch. Found a quiet bench and contemplated the meaning of life.
- Evening (4:00 PM - 7:00 PM): Back to the apartment, defeated but alive. My feet hurt. Ordered pizza. Ate the entire pizza. No regrets.
- Night (7:00 PM onwards): Started watching everything I could find about Makassar.
Day 3: Fort Rotterdam and a Lesson in Getting Lost (and Loving It)
- Morning (9:00 AM - 12:00 PM): Finally woke up properly. Decided to visit Fort Rotterdam, the historical site. The wind felt nice. Wandered around, saw the old buildings, and tried to understand the history (which, admittedly, I'm terrible at retaining). The place was beautiful.
- Lunch (12:00 PM - 1:00 PM): Found a local place that was making Konro Bakar (grilled ribs). Damn. Best meal so far.
- Afternoon (1:00 PM - 4:00 PM): Attempted to "explore" a local marketplace. Got ridiculously lost. Like, proper lost. Wandered through a maze of stalls, dodging motorbikes, and getting stares. I can't tell you how many shops I came across. I'm a clumsy person. Also, I have a terrible sense of direction. It was chaotic and beautiful. Ended up buying a weird, brightly colored hat. No idea why.
- Evening (4:00 PM - 7:00 PM): Back at the apartment. Exhausted. Exhausted and… happy? The getting lost thing was actually amazing. Feeling of satisfaction with this new place.
- Night (7:00 PM onwards): Called my family and told them about my day.
Day 4: Beach Day (Or, My Battle with the Sun and Sand)
- Morning (9:00 AM - 12:00 PM): Beach time! Headed to Losari Beach. The water isn't the prettiest, but the atmosphere is lively. Ate some Pisang Epe (grilled bananas with palm sugar and cheese). They were delicious.
- Lunch (12:00 PM - 1:00 PM): Beachside lunch. Overpriced, but you know, the view.
- Afternoon (1:00 PM - 4:00 PM): Stayed at Losari Beach. Got a sunburn. The sun is brutal.
- Evening (4:00 PM - 7:00 PM): Evening back inside the AC.
- Night (7:00 PM onwards): Packing up for departure.
Day 5: Departure (And the Lingering Smell of Adventure (and Maybe Instant Noodles))
- Morning (7:00 AM - 9:00 AM): Last-minute packing scramble. Said a fond farewell to my compact apartment.
- Morning (9:00 AM - 10:00 AM): Headed to the airport. Feeling a weird mix of sadness and relief. Makassar, you were… something.
- The Rest of the Day: Flight home. Already planning my return.
Final Thoughts:
This trip was messy. It was imperfect. It was often hilarious, sometimes frustrating, and always an adventure. I got sunburnt, ate a questionable amount of street food, and almost lost my mind in a theme park. But I also found beauty in the chaos, kindness in the strangers, and a little piece of myself that I didn't know was missing. And I'll never look at instant noodles the same way again. So, mission accomplished, Makassar. Mission accomplished.
Escape to Sunny Haven: Tbilisi's Most Charming Old Town Retreat
Makassar's Hidden Gem: Vida View Apartment - You've Got Questions, I've Got (Mostly Honest) Answers!
Okay, Seriously, Is This Vida View Place *Actually* a "Hidden Gem"? Or Just Some Overhyped Listing?
Alright, let's be real. "Hidden gem" is thrown around like confetti these days. I went in with a healthy dose of cynicism. But... yeah, it kinda is. The view? Absolutely stunning. Seriously, the marketing photos don't lie. Sunrise over the Makassar Strait? Pure, Instagram-worthy gold. I actually got chills the first morning. Almost dropped my phone, trying to capture it *perfectly*. Couldn't. Those colors... indescribable.
The 'hidden' part? Well, the location isn't *completely* secret, but it's not in the super-touristy areas, which I actually *loved*. It felt like I was living like a local... sort of. More on that "sort of" later.
Two Bedrooms, Alright. But is it Actually *Spacious* Enough for, Like, *Two* (or More!) Actual Adults?
Yes. The space is surprisingly decent. I went with a friend (pre-existing conditions of friendship: knowing each other's snoring habits). We didn't feel crammed. The living room is good for chatting (that's the good part about the friend). The balcony? Big enough to enjoy the view AND avoid awkward eye contact with said snoring friend. (That's the *really* good part.)
The bedrooms themselves? Standard apartment-sized, perfectly functional. The beds were comfy, which is a huge win. And having two bathrooms... that's a *game-changer*. Trust me. Especially after a spicy Indonesian meal. Let's just say I learned a valuable lesson about overestimating my tolerance for chili.
What's the Kitchen *Actually* Like? I'm Not Looking to Cook a Michelin-Starred Meal, But Can I at Least Make Coffee and Scramble Eggs?
Okay, the kitchen... it's equipped. It's not a chef's dream. Think "functional and basic". You can definitely make coffee (hallelujah!), scramble eggs (with a little elbow grease), and maybe even attempt some instant noodles (which, let's be honest, is a valid travel food group).
The equipment is modern enough, but the *enthusiasm* for cooking isn't built directly into the apartment. There was a decent-sized fridge (important for Bintangs!), a stovetop (I didn't test it extensively, my spice tolerance still recovering), and some basic utensils. Don't go expecting a garlic press or a collection of exotic spices. You're more on the "grab-and-go" scale. Which, in my experience, is fine when you're surrounded by amazing Makassar street food.
The "Travelio Deal!" - What's the Catch? Is This Where the Budget Cuts Start to Show?
Okay, the Travelio deal. Here's the deal, it's budget-friendly, but that doesn't mean "shabby chic." It's a solid value. The apartment itself seems professionally managed, so it wasn't falling apart at the seams. The catch? Well, the building amenities... let's just say they are *there*. The pool was nice and clean-- a lifesaver on those humid Makassar days... but it wasn't exactly a luxurious resort pool. The gym…I'm not even going to go into the gym. It had equipment, but it felt like it hadn’t been used since the nineties. Just go for a walk, alright?
Location, Location, Location! Specifically, How Easy Is It to Get Around? Are We Talking Uber/Grab Accessible?
Transportation is easy peasy! Both Grab and Gojek (Indonesian Uber/Lyft and food delivery) operate in Makassar, and the apartment is super close to the city, so you're golden. You can get anywhere you want, super easily. That was a massive relief because I'm directionally challenged -- my life partner probably doesn't want *me* driving. The apartment is far enough that you're not bombarded by constant traffic noise, but close enough that you can get into the city center in 10–15 minutes.
Bonus points: that means nasi goreng for breakfast that same day. Seriously, Indonesian breakfast is a whole other level of delicious. Trust me, order everything.
It's important to get some local currency. The change-giving skills of some local drivers is a little… rusty. So come prepared.
Okay, But *Really* - What's the Biggest Annoyance or Imperfection? Where Did This Place Fall Flat?
Alright, I have to be honest here: the one thing I'd improve? The Wi-Fi. It’s not *terrible*, but it's not lightning-fast. It works for basic stuff (email, social media) but can be a little frustrating if you're trying to stream movies or do a lot of video calls. I personally didn't care because I wanted to unplug (and watch the view!), but if you rely on it for work, pack a personal hotspot or buy a local SIM card. Seriously, do it. Don't let slow internet ruin your sunset viewing!
Oh, and one other tiny thing: the water pressure in one of the showers wasn't the strongest. Just the one, though. That was my friend’s bathroom, though. So, not a big deal to me. He was fine with it. I'd call it a minor inconvenience. But the view, seriously, made up for it a hundred times over. I may have forgotten to mention, but it's truly breathtaking.
Would You Recommend This Place to a Friend? And What Kind of Traveler is This Best Suited For?
Absolutely, I would recommend it. But with some caveats. This place is perfect for:
- People who appreciate amazing views. Seriously, the main selling points are the view, and the value.
- Small groups of friends (like, two or three) or couples.
- Anyone who likes to be away from crazy tourist traps, and wants to experience some local life.
- People okay with a few minor imperfections.
It's *probably* not ideal for:
- Luxury travelers who want every single amenity.
- People who need super-reliable, fast internet.
- Families with young children (unless you're cool with keeping a close eye on the balcony - gorgeous, but also a drop.)
Overall, it's a fantastic choice if you're looking for a good value, a beautiful view, and a taste of authentic Makassar. Go. Seriously. Go and see that sunrise.
Any Final, Random Thoughts BeforeHotel Adventure

