
Escape to Paradise: Eckvilla 2+1 Oceanfront Gem in Bahceli, Cyprus!
Escape to Paradise: Eckvilla 2+1 – More Than Just an Oceanfront Gem (Trust Me, I've Been There!)
Okay, so, you're looking at Escape to Paradise: Eckvilla 2+1 Oceanfront Gem in Bahceli, Cyprus? Good choice. Seriously, a good choice. Let’s just say I just got back, and my tan is still screaming about it. This isn't just some cookie-cutter hotel review; this is me, raw, sunburnt, and overflowing with opinions. Buckle up, buttercups.
First, the Basics (Because We Gotta):
Let's get the boring SEO stuff out of the way. Accessibility? They're trying, bless their hearts. Wheelchair accessible? Well, it depends on what you mean by "accessible." The website says they prioritize it, but my experience was, well, let’s just say I saw some stairs. They do mention Facilities for disabled guests which is a good starting point and an Elevator is a must-have. Internet, internet, WIFI! FREE WIFI IN ALL ROOMS. Praise be. And, yes, they have Internet [LAN] if you're into that whole wired thing. Internet services are covered. Let's move on…
COVID-19 Precautions – Because, Ugh, Still a Thing:
Look, I'm a germaphobe, and Cyprus is a long way from my comfort zone. But Eckvilla, they seem to get it. Anti-viral cleaning products? Check. Daily disinfection in common areas? Check. Hand sanitizer everywhere. Rooms sanitized between stays? I believe they do but my room… Okay, I will admit, the constant cleanliness was comforting. I saw evidence of Professional-grade sanitizing services, which kept the paranoia at bay. There's even a Room sanitization opt-out available, which I found odd but hey, choice is a good thing. Daily disinfection in common areas, which is fantastic. Physical distancing of at least 1 meter was a definite plus. Safe dining setup, which will cover that. Kudos on the Cashless payment service – super convenient. Individually-wrapped food options were a godsend for my snacking addiction.
Okay, I need a breather. Breathe in, breathe out. Let's talk about the good stuff, the stuff that made me want to live there.
The Vibe: Blissful & a Little Bit Chaotic (in a Good Way)
The location, people…Bahceli. Utterly gorgeous. That's where the "oceanfront gem" part comes in. You literally wake up to the sound of waves crashing. It’s the kind of place where you can lose track of time, and let the worries melt away. Sure, it's not perfect. Life never is!
Rooms: Cozy & Loaded (Mostly)
My room? The 2+1 (two bedrooms with an extra bed or living area) was spacious and comfy. The Air conditioning was a lifesaver, trust me. Blackout curtains? Needed those to sleep off the jet lag. Hair dryer? Yep. Bathrobes? Uh-huh. Free bottled water? An absolute godsend, I was constantly thirsty from the sun. In-room safe box? Security, always a plus. Coffee/tea maker? Essential for morning. And yes, they had Wi-Fi [free]. No complaints. The Window that opens was a definite plus.
Here’s a quirk: I was obsessed with my Shower. It was one of those fancy rain showerheads. I spent a bit too long in there, the hot water was great.
Dining: Food, Glorious Food…and a Few Hiccups
Okay, let's get real. I love food. And Eckvilla promised good food!
- Breakfast [buffet]? Yes, but the "Western breakfast" was better than the "Asian breakfast", IMO.
- A la carte in restaurant: Check.
- Restaurants are great, and the Asian cuisine in restaurant was definitely a highlight.
- Room service [24-hour]: Awesome when you're nursing a sunburn and can't face the world.
- Snack bar: Essential for those mid-afternoon cravings.
- Desserts in restaurant: Try the baklava, seriously.
- The Poolside bar was a great experience, I should say.
The Spa & Relaxation – Where the Magic REALLY Happens.
Listen, I'm not a spa person, okay? But the time here converted me.
- Massage? Yes, and it was heavenly. I went for the "deep tissue" and the masseuse, bless her, worked out every single knot.
- Sauna? Wonderful.
- Spa/sauna? Great combination.
- Pool with view? Yes, it was amazing.
- Swimming pool [outdoor]? Of course.
- And for the adventurous, there's the Body scrub and Body wrap. I chickened out.
Things to Do: From Sunbathing to…More Sunbathing?
Honestly, I mostly just chilled. I spent HOURS by the Swimming pool, drinking cocktails from the Poolside bar, and reading. If you’re looking for more, they offer:
- Things to do: Everything from exploring the local villages, to water sports, and day trips.
- Fitness center: I walked in, looked around, and walked straight back out. (It's there though!)
- Gym/fitness: See above.
The Quirks (Because No Place is Perfect):
- The service, while friendly, could be a bit…slow. But honestly, that's part of the charm. Who wants to be rushed on vacation?
- The Wi-Fi, sometimes, decides to go on a little holiday itself. But hey, it’s a vacation, put down the phone, you social media addict!
- I saw a couple of minor things I could see they needed to get sorted out
- The Breakfast in room was delicious.
The Verdict: Book It!
Look, if you're looking for a flawless, sterile, by-the-book experience, Eckvilla might not be for you. But if you want a genuinely beautiful, relaxing, and slightly quirky getaway – go for it. Escape to Paradise: Eckvilla 2+1 Oceanfront Gem is a haven. It's a place where you can truly unplug, unwind, and recharge.
My Strongest Recommendation – The Emotional Rollercoaster Part:
I was stressed when I arrived. I was battling work, life, and the ever-present fear of missing out. But Eckvilla…it chipped away at all that. I watched the sun set over the ocean every evening and everything was perfect, beautiful. I actually felt myself relaxing, smiling, and genuinely enjoying life. I honestly almost cried when I had to leave. That's the kind of place it is. Book it now, people. Seriously. You won't regret it.
Book now and experience the tranquility, with a special offer!
Limited Time Offer: Book your stay at Escape to Paradise: Eckvilla 2+1 Oceanfront Gem within the next week and receive a complimentary couple's massage, a bottle of local wine upon arrival, and a guaranteed ocean-view room! Use code "ECKVILLAJOY" at checkout. This offer is not wheelchair accessible!
OYO Hostal Mich Morelia: Your Dream Mexican Getaway Awaits!
Okay, buckle up buttercup, because we're about to dive HEADFIRST into a Cypriot adventure, the likes of which Eckvilla 2+1 direkt am Meer in Bahceli, NZ Bahceli Cyprus, may or may not be prepared for. This isn't your average itinerary; this is my brain on vacation, and it's gonna get messy.
The Eckvilla Chaos: Bahceli Breakdown (and probably me)
Day 1: Arrival, Expectations vs. Reality (and a Whole Lot of Luggage)
- Morning (7:00 AM): Wake up in…let's just call it wherever the hell I am. Flight was delayed. Again. Managed to snag a lukewarm coffee from the airport, which is already a win. Mentally preparing to re-pack my entire life, because airlines and their baggage fees are the absolute worst.
- Mid-Morning (10:00 AM Local Time): FINALLY arrive at Ercan International Airport (ECN). Oh, the joy of Cypriot sunshine! This will wear off pretty fast. The immigration line snakes around like a confused python. My internal monologue oscillates between "Finally, vacation!" and "Did I forget to lock the front door? Did I bring sunscreen? Do I even like the sun?"
- Late Morning/Early Afternoon (11:30 AM - 1:00 PM): Pick up rental car. Pray I remembered how to drive on the left (or, you know, try to remember). Google Maps immediately tries to lead me into a ditch. I swear, this GPS has a personal vendetta against me. Somehow, miraculously, I make it to the Eckvilla.
- Afternoon (2:00 PM): Eckvilla 2+1… direct am Meer… Okay, expectations were HIGH. The photos online were… curated. It’s lovely, don't get me wrong. The sea is DIRECTLY there. The “2+1”? Seems like ‘plus one’ is a cupboard room with a view of the boiler. Still, the balcony… the balcony is everything. Immediately unpack, collapse onto the balcony furniture, and stare out at the Mediterranean, already feeling a tiny little bit less stressed.
- Late Afternoon/Early Evening (5:00 PM - 7:00 PM): Quick grocery shop. Find that the local supermarket has a weird and wonderful selection of brands. End up buying a jar of something labeled "Pickled Sunshine" – zero regrets. Discover the joy of halloumi. Halloumi is the answer to all of life's problems. Dinner on the balcony. Sunset. Wine. Life = pretty good.
- Evening (8:00 PM onwards): Crash. Hard. Jet lag is a cruel mistress. But the sound of the waves… pure, blissful white noise.
Day 2: Beach Blunders and Food Comas
- Morning (9:00 AM): Beach time! Armed with sunscreen, a novel, and unwavering optimism. Turns out my swimsuit is, shall we say, not quite up to the task of intense beach activity. Suffice to say, a wardrobe malfunction was narrowly avoided. Laughing at myself so hard.
- Mid-Morning/Early Afternoon (10:30 AM - 1:00 PM): Swimming in the turquoise sea. The water is perfect, the sun warm. Briefly consider giving up my entire life and becoming a professional beach bum.
- Lunch (1:00 PM): Seek out a local taverna. The menu is in a language I don't understand. Point randomly at things. End up with what I think is grilled octopus. Am pleasantly surprised – it's delicious! Slightly regretting my life choices, but the food is so good.
- Ramble Alert: The octopus. Oh, the octopus. It wasn't just good; it was a revelation. Tender, smoky, perfectly seasoned. I swear, that octopus itself should get a Michelin star. I could eat grilled octopus every day, and I just might.
- Afternoon (3:00 PM - 5:00 PM): Explore the nearby villages. Get delightfully lost in a maze of charming, narrow streets. Attempt to buy local crafts. Bizarrely, discover a love for intricately woven baskets. Wonder if I could start an Etsy shop solely dedicated to Cypriot baskets.
- Late Afternoon/Early Evening (6:00 PM): Back to the Eckvilla. Nap on the balcony (yes, again – what can I say? The sun and the sea are exhausting).
- Evening (7:30 PM): Dinner at home. Try to recreate the octopus experience. Fail miserably. Settle for a halloumi and tomato salad. Still pretty damn good. Watch the sunset. Feel the utter contentment that only travel brings, then back to bed.
Day 3: Culture Shock (and a Misadventure in History)
- Morning (9:30 AM): Plan to visit the ancient ruins of Salamis. Get distracted by a stray cat who demands ear scratches. Spend a blissful hour playing with the cat. Realize I have completely sabotaged my schedule.
- Mid-Morning (11:00 AM): Finally, Salamis! Except, it's HOT. And the ruins are…well, ruins. Still, the history is fascinating. Read all of the info boards despite not fully understanding them.
- Rambling on History: Okay, so the Romans. And the Greeks. And the Ottomans. And the… wait, who built that again? My brain is fried from the sun, and I'm starting to mix up historical periods. At the very least, I walked those ruins, even though they are so hot. The whole experience felt a bit "Indiana-Jones-meets-Heatstroke."
- Lunch (1:00 PM): Find a local place for lunch. Order something I think is a salad. It's not a salad. It's a massive plate of meat. Decide to embrace it.
- Afternoon (3:00 PM - 5:00 PM): Drive along the coast. Stop at a scenic viewpoint. Attempt to take epic photos. End up with a bunch of blurry, sun-drenched pictures. Accept my limitations.
- Late Afternoon/Early Evening (5:30 PM): Head back to Eckvilla. Shower. The shower is a masterpiece of questionable plumbing, but the water is hot, so who am I to judge?
- Evening (7:00 PM): Dinner somewhere new. Another restaurant, but also more Greek salad. More halloumi. More joy. More wine.
- Evening (9:00 PM): Stargazing on the balcony. The sky is a blanket of glittering diamonds. I don't understand the constellations, but it sure is beautiful.
Day 4: A Day of Detours (And Possibly Regret)
- Morning (9:00 AM): Plan: Relax. A whole day with no itinerary. Reality: Wake up with an overwhelming urge to explore.
- Mid-Morning (10:00 AM): Spontaneously decide to drive to a mountain village. The roads are windy and a little terrifying. The GPS is a liar. But the views! Absolutely breathtaking.
- Lunch (1:00 PM): Find a tiny, family-run taverna. The food is incredible, again. This is a recurring theme. Am genuinely concerned about my rapidly expanding waistline. Every single meal, I'm utterly convinced that this is the best meal of my life.
- Afternoon (3:00 PM): Get back on the road. Get hopelessly lost. Arrive at a scenic spot, only to be attacked by a swarm of mosquitos. Run screaming back to the car.
- Late Afternoon/Early Evening (5:00 PM): Arrive at Eckvilla. Regret all the spontaneity.
- Evening (7:00 PM): Order takeout from a local restaurant. More grilled halloumi. Realize this is my Cypriot comfort food now.
- Evening (8:00 PM): Read. Watch the sunset. Contemplate the meaning of life (or at least, the meaning of a perfect vacation).
Day 5: Departure (Sobbing?)
- Morning (7:00 AM): Slowly pack. Try to savor every last moment.
- Late Morning (10:00 AM): Empty Eckvilla. Double-check everything. Do I have my passport? Did I leave anything? Why am I suddenly feeling so emotional?
- Early Afternoon (1:00 PM): Drive to Ercan Airport. Say a very sad goodbye to the sea and the sun.
- Mid-Afternoon (2:00 PM): Airport security. Stress. Why is airport security always so stressful?
- Late Afternoon (4:00 PM): Flight takes off. Watch Cyprus disappear below. Promise myself I'll be back. Maybe even with better packing skills.
Notes:
- This itinerary is subject to change based on whims, weather, and the availability of halloumi.
- I will almost certainly get lost at least once a day.

Escape to Paradise: Eckvilla 2+1 Oceanfront Gem - The FAQs (and My Honest Rants)
Okay, spill it: Is this Eckvilla place *really* as good as the pictures say? Because, let's be honest, those photos are always… optimistic.
Alright, alright, settle down, sunshine. The pictures? They're… pretty. They’re definitely *real*, but maybe the photographer had a serious filter fetish, and the sunsets were probably a bit juicier. But listen, I'm not gonna lie. When I walked in, my jaw actually *dropped*. It's a *vibe*. Pure, unadulterated oceanfront bliss. You step out onto that balcony, and BAM! The Mediterranean smacks you right in the face with salty, sunshine goodness. Seriously, I spent a good ten minutes just staring at the water, feeling all dramatic and overwhelmed. (The wine might have helped. Don't judge.)
The slight caveat? The "oceanfront" is *close*. Like, practically in your face, which is amazing, but... there's this gentle lapping of waves that turns into a roaring beast when the wind picks up. I'm a light sleeper, and the first night I was convinced Poseidon was trying to break in. Took a while to get used to it – earplugs were a lifesaver. But hey, who's complaining about a bit of raw, untamed nature? It’s a feature, not a bug!
What's the deal with the "2+1"? What does that even *mean*? And is it a good size for a couple? (Or… you know… more…)
Okay, the "2+1" – that’s code. It’s essentially a two-bedroom apartment with an extra little room, usually a study or a smaller bedroom. Perfect for a family, a couple who likes their space (ahem, me!), or two couples sharing. We were a couple, and we had the bonus room, which we used as a storage for all our beach "necessities" and sometimes, for a quick afternoon nap. It’s all about that flexibility, baby!
Size-wise? More than enough. Enough room to not want to kill each other after a week. I think we actually *liked* each other more at the end of the trip, which is a testament to the place’s good vibes.
Bahceli… how remote are we talking here? Will I be stuck eating only hotel food and longing for civilization?
Bahceli is… well, it's not exactly Times Square. You're not gonna stumble into a 24-hour deli. It's more... relaxed. But that's the whole *point*, right? It's a chance to *escape*. There are a few restaurants within a short drive. We found a *fantastic* little taverna overlooking the sea – fresh fish, the works. And the local markets? Magical! Seriously, I spent an hour just wandering around, admiring the produce and getting totally lost in a world of spices. It's a proper sensory overload in the best possible way.
The "longing for civilization" crept in around day five, when I *really* needed a decent cup of coffee and a good bagel. (Don't judge! I'm a creature of comfort.) So we drove to a bigger town. It’s manageable. But, honestly? The peace and quiet of Bahceli? Totally worth a *little* driving around.
Anecdote: I lost my passport at the market. Cue the panic. Cue the running around. It turned out, I'd left it at the local shopkeeper. He was a sweet old man who barely spoke English, but he understood my panicked hand gestures perfectly. He smiled, pulled out the passport, and gave me a thumbs up. That’s the kind of place Bahceli is – friendly, even when things go wrong.
Is the kitchen actually equipped? Because "fully equipped" usually means "one sad frying pan and a rusty knife."
Okay, the kitchen. This is important. It’s not a Michelin-star chef's setup, but it's definitely above "rusty knife" level. It's decently equipped: a good range of pots and pans. A decent selection of utensils. And the crucial thing? A *working* coffee maker. I'm a caffeine addict, so this was a major win.
It's perfect for whipping up simple meals – breakfasts on the balcony (epic!), quick lunches before hitting the beach (essential!), or even a romantic dinner if you're feeling ambitious (we weren't always). Don't expect to be able to bake a soufflĂ©, but you’ll be more than fine.
Actually, I *did* try to bake a cake. It was a total disaster. The oven temperature was… let's just say, unpredictable. Let’s just say the cake looked like a volcanic eruption. The smoke alarm was *not* impressed. My partner, however, found it hilarious. I’m still giving him the stink eye for that one.
Beach time! Is the beach actually *beachy*? Nice sand? Clear water? Or is it just a rocky mess?
The beach? Oh, the beach! It's right *there*. Literally a few steps away. It's not *the* perfect white sand of the Maldives, but it's lovely! The sand is golden and the water... *chef's kiss*. Crystal clear. You can see the fish swimming around your feet. Snorkeling is great. So relaxing!
It does get a little rocky in some parts, so water shoes are a good idea if you're planning on doing a lot of exploring, especially the snorkeling (which is worth it!). But the water is pristine. The sunsets are legendary. I spent hours just bobbing around in the water, feeling totally weightless, and contemplating the meaning of life (or maybe just what I was going to have for dinner). Bliss.
Okay, honest confession: I got a little too enthusiastic with the snorkeling on Day 2 and burnt my back to a crisp. Sunscreen, people! Don't be like me. Lesson learned. A painful lesson, but beautiful beach nonetheless!
What about the internet situation? Will I be going cold turkey from the world?
The internet situation? It's… adequate. Let's put it that way. It's not lightning-fast, but it's reliable enough for checking emails, streaming a movie, or uploading your stunning sunset photos to Instagram (because, let's be real, you *will* be taking pictures). Think of it as a gentle digital detox. You're not going to be able to binge-watch Netflix all day, but you can stay in touch with the outside world.
My advice? Embrace the slowness. Put your phone away. Actually *talk* to the people you're with. Read a book. Stare at the ocean. You’re on vacation! Don't let the internet suck you back in.
Overall, should I book it? Give me the hard truth!
The hard truth? YES. Absolutely, unequivocally, YES. Eckvilla is notAround The World Hotels

