
Goa's Hidden Gem: Ondas Do Mar Beach Resort Phase 1 - Paradise Found!
Goa's Hidden Gem: Ondas Do Mar Beach Resort Phase 1 - Paradise Found! - My Unfiltered Review (And Why You NEED to Book)
Okay, let's be real. Finding a truly hidden gem in Goa is like finding a decent cup of coffee at 3 AM on a humid night – challenging! But Ondas Do Mar Beach Resort Phase 1? Well, that's it. That's the real deal. And I’m about to spill the beans (or maybe the chilled Kingfisher, because, Goa) on why you absolutely, unequivocally need to book a stay. Buckle up, buttercups, because this review is gonna be as honest and messy as my luggage after a weeklong beach bender.
First, The Basics (Because We Have To):
- Accessibility: Alright, this is important. Accessibility is pretty decent. While they have "Facilities for disabled guests," I didn't personally test them. There is an elevator, which is a HUGE plus. However, navigating Goa can be a bit of a bumpy ride in general… so keep that in mind.
- Internet: Okay, so you can get online. Free Wi-Fi in all rooms? Yes. Wi-Fi in public areas? Yes. Internet [LAN]? Yes. The internet generally works, but let's be real, you're in Goa. Don't expect lightning-fast fiber optic speeds. Embrace the slower pace, and maybe, just maybe, you'll actually relax. My experience, though, was mostly seamless, and that’s saying something.
The Good Stuff (And The Not-So-Good):
Cleanliness and Safety: This is where Ondas Do Mar genuinely shines. Hygiene certification, daily disinfection in common areas, staff trained in safety protocol – they've clearly taken the pandemic seriously. I felt super safe, which let me focus on… well, everything else. Anti-viral cleaning products, rooms sanitized between stays, and hand sanitizer everywhere – major props. They even had individually-wrapped food options, which, for a germaphobe like yours truly, was a godsend. They’re really putting in the work, so I’ll give them a HUGE thumbs up.
Dining, Drinking, and Snacking: Oh, the food! I have a confession. I live to eat. And Ondas Do Mar delivers. Restaurants, a poolside bar, and a snack bar? Heaven. They have:
- Asian cuisine in a restaurant? Absolutely.
- International cuisine? Yep.
- Western breakfast? You betcha!
- Vegetarian restaurant? Yes, and the food was delicious. I’m not even vegetarian!
- Happy hour? Crucial.
- Breakfast [buffet] – the buffet was phenomenal. They also offer Breakfast in room if you don’t want to face the world.
My Anecdote: I ordered room service one night. It was late, I was sunburnt, and I was craving something comforting. A steaming bowl of soup arrived (I can't remember which kind, maybe the soup in the restaurant…sorry), and it was perfect. The kind of perfect that makes you forget about everything else and just savor the moment. This is what relaxation truly means.
Things to do, ways to relax: Okay, so the swimming pool [outdoor] is breathtaking, especially the Pool with a view; the views are killer. You can find your inner zen with the Sauna, Steamroom, Spa, and Spa/sauna. I had the foot bath once. I spent an hour there just enjoying the quiet.
- Massage: This is a MUST. Seriously. Get a massage. Your body will thank you. They offer Body wrap and Body scrub too.
- Fitness? Well, there is a Fitness center and a Gym/fitness, but let's be honest, who actually goes to the gym in Goa?
Other Details (Like, Stuff that Matters):
Services and Conveniences: They have pretty much everything. Concierge, luggage storage, dry cleaning, laundry service, and even a gift/souvenir shop. They also have air conditioning in public areas for those brutal afternoons. They even have a car park [free of charge] for those car rentals.
For the Kids: Not relevant to me, but worth mentioning. They have babysitting service, kids facilities, and kids meal.
Getting Around: Airport transfer, taxi service, and car park [on-site] – they’ve got you. Though I highly recommend renting a scooter to explore the hidden coves and beaches. Nothing quite like wind in your hair and the smell of salt and sunscreen.
Rooms, rooms, rooms: Wi-Fi [free] – check. Air conditioning – check. Coffee/tea maker – check. Free bottled water – check. Bathing robes…check. The rooms are comfortable, clean, and well-equipped. Sometimes you just want to plop down, shut the curtains (Hello, Blackout curtains) and watch some on-demand movies.
My Complaint: My biggest "complaint" (and it's really not even a complaint) is that I couldn't stay longer.
Now, the Imperfections (Because No Place Is Perfect):
- Okay, this is Goa. Things move at a certain pace. Sometimes, service can be a little slow. Embrace it. You're on island time.
- There are some stairs leading up. This isn’t a huge deal, but something to consider if you have mobility issues.
Why You NEED to Book: The Unfiltered Truth
Ondas Do Mar isn't just a resort; it's an experience. It’s a chance to escape the everyday, to breathe in the salty air, to eat incredible food, and to genuinely relax. It's where you can finally unplug, recharge, and maybe, just maybe, rediscover yourself. And honestly, after the year we've all had, don't you deserve that?
My Verdict: Five stars. Absolutely. Book it. Right now. Seriously. Don't wait. You won't regret it.
The Offer (Because You NEED to Book NOW):
Escape to Paradise with Ondas Do Mar Beach Resort!
Book your stay at Ondas Do Mar Beach Resort Phase 1 and receive:
- 15% off your stay when you book directly through their website (Use code: PARADISEFOUND).
- Complimentary welcome drink upon arrival – because a vacation should start the second you arrive!
- Free upgrade to a room with a balcony (subject to availability) – because you deserve those stunning sunset views!
- Early Check-in / Late Check-out (Subject to Availability)**
- A free 60-minute massage at the spa - a soothing massage to help you unwind after a long day.
Don't miss out! This offer is for a limited time only. Pack your bags, grab your sunscreen, and get ready for the ultimate Goan getaway. Ondas Do Mar awaits!
Ahmedabad's Pinnacle Hotel: Luxury Redefined (5-Star Paradise Awaits!)
Alright, buckle up buttercups, 'cause we're diving headfirst into my Goa adventure, a glorious, sun-drenched, slightly disheveled trip to Ondas Do Mar Beach Resort Phase 1. This thing isn't going to be sleek, it's going to be authentic. Think less travel brochure, more "my brain on vacation."
Day 1: Arrival And Absolute Chaos (aka Goa, You Beautiful Bastard)
- Morning (Or, More Accurately, "Whenever I Finally Dragged Myself Out Of Bed At 10 AM"): Arrived at Dabolim Airport (GOI). The air hit me like a warm, spicy hug. Thank God I took some anti malaria meds before I left! The taxi driver, bless his heart, knew maybe 5 words of English and navigated like a caffeinated squirrel. Thankfully, Ondas Do Mar Phase 1 was easy to find, the place is gorgeous! But the ride itself? Pure, unadulterated, horn-honking chaos. But hey, that's Goa, right?
- Afternoon: Resort Revelations & Room Roulette: Okay, so the resort is gorgeous. Seriously, the ocean view? Insane. But getting to my room…well, that was an Olympic sport. Apparently, "Phase 1" is a bit of a euphemism for "slightly further than the main entrance." I swear I walked for a mile just to get there. My room? Lovely, but the AC sounded like a disgruntled walrus. I spent a solid hour wrestling with it before finally giving up and deciding to embrace the tropical heat.
- Evening: Beach Bliss & Buffet Blues: The best part? The beach. The sand was so warm, the waves just big enough to splash me, and the sunset. Oh. My. GOD. The colours exploded across the sky. It was so breathtaking I almost cried. Dinner at the resort buffet… less breathtaking. It was one big, long mess. I should have probably avoided the chicken, let's just say my stomach had a heated discussion with itself later that night. Still, the view, the salty air, I'd already forgiven anything they might have done wrong. I actually did.
- Late Night: Lost in Translation & The Case of the Vanishing Mosquito Coil: I went to the reception and asked for a mosquito coil. The guy behind the counter looked at me like I'd asked for a unicorn. Eventually, after much pointing, gesturing, and attempting broken Hindi, I got one. But the lighter didn't work. And the staff were nowhere to be found. Eventually, I used the stove to get this thing on fire. I should have stayed away from the stove.
Day 2: Sun, Sand, and A Serious Coconut Addiction
- Morning: Poolside Perplexity & The Great Sunscreen Snafu: Woke up feeling slightly better, and immediately ran for the pool. Pure. Bliss. Until I discovered I'd left my sunscreen in the room (of course). The sun was merciless. Cue the lobster-esque tan lines to come. I also attempted to order a cappuccino. It arrived looking suspiciously like dishwater. That's okay, I'm here for the sun, not the coffee.
- Afternoon: Beach Bumming & The Coconut Conundrum: Spent the afternoon on the beach. I'm now officially addicted to fresh coconuts. I'm going to have to bring these things home! I also made a new friend, a stray dog named "Lucky." He was missing an ear, but had the most wagging tail I've ever seen. I almost considered missing my flight just to take him home with me.
- Late afternoon: Food Fiascoes & Spice Revelations: Decided to try the beachside shack for lunch. Ordered something called "Fish Recheado" (I think), and it was a flavour explosion. My mouth is still buzzing from the spices! And the best part? The view, the sunshine, the constant background music of waves. Pure. Perfection.
- Evening: Sunset Serendipity and a Little Too Much Feni: I know I already mentioned the sunset, but seriously. Spectacular! I watched it with a glass of Feni, and a local drink recommended, a potent Goan spirit and suddenly everything felt amazing. Like, truly amazing. That Feni was great.
Day 3: The Search for Authenticity and Some Serious Meltdown Moments
- Morning: The Goan Market Mystery Tour: Today I committed and went to a local market. I wanted to escape the resort bubble and soak up some real Goa. The market was an assault on the senses – the smells, the colours, the noise. It was amazing, but also a bit overwhelming. I bought some spices, got completely ripped off on a "genuine" silk scarf, and somehow managed to get lost for an hour. Also, I encountered a cow. It was watching me.
- Afternoon: The Great Room Service Debate (And My Internal Monologue): Ugh. I'm not even hungry, but I'm bored. I really need to do something different other than just chill. So…should I order room service? Or should I force myself to go out to that restaurant I spotted down the beach? Wait, is ordering room service a sign of laziness? Or is it self-care? Oh, God, I'm overthinking it. Okay, I'll order room service. But only because I deserve it. Order placed! I order some Goan curry.
- Late Afternoon: Curry Catastrophe & Existential Dread: The curry arrived. It was fantastic. For about three bites. Then my stomach flipped. Oh, the spice. The spice. I spent the next hour feeling like I was in a personal inferno. And suddenly, I wasn't just questioning my curry choices; I was questioning my entire existence. Why am I here? What's the point? Should I have gotten a different room? Should I have been born somewhere else? It was all a bit much.
- Evening: A Return to the Beach & The Quietude of the Waves: Somehow, after the curry incident, I dragged myself back to the beach, needing to feel grounded. The waves were lapping, the sky was darkening, and the air was cool and still. A calmness washed over me. I sat there for a long time, feeling nothing but the sand and the sea - and a profound sense of peace. Even the curry couldn't ruin this.
Day 4: Farewell, or "Until Next Time, Goa, You Amazing Weirdo"
- Morning: Last-Minute Mango Mania & Souvenir Shenanigans: One last breakfast, one last dip in the pool. One final mango smoothie. Then, the panic set in. I needed to souvenir shop. Big time. I managed to grab some tacky trinkets, a few more spices, and a slightly suspicious-looking Buddha statue. Yes, the statue.
- Afternoon: The Taxi Tango & Airport Antics: The taxi ride to the airport was a blur. More horns, more near-misses, and a whole lot more adrenaline. At the airport, I faced the usual chaos – long queues, questionable security protocols, and the general sense of organised pandemonium.
- Evening (Or, More Accurately, On The Plane): As the plane took off, I looked out over the Goan coastline. The sunsets, the chaos, the food… it was all just so perfect. I'm tired, slightly sunburned, and my stomach is still protesting the curry. But my heart? My heart is happy. Goa, you beautiful, messy, imperfect paradise, I'll be back. Eventually. Maybe. Someday. Now, need some more Feni.

Ondas Do Mar Beach Resort Phase 1 - Paradise Found? Let's Unpack This!
Okay, so you're eyeing up Ondas Do Mar, Phase 1, huh? Paradise Found? Well, buckle up, buttercup, because this isn’t pure sunshine, rainbows, and perfectly manicured lawns. We’re talking Goa, baby! Expect a rollercoaster. I've been, and let’s just say I have *opinions*.
What's the *vibe* like at Ondas Do Mar, specifically Phase 1? Is it… well, paradise-y?
Alright, the vibe. Here’s the thing: Phase 1 *can* be paradise-y. Think relaxed, laid-back, like you’ve swallowed a handful of chill pills and someone's whispering “don't worry, be happy” into your ear. Picture swaying palm trees, the constant crash of waves, and that glorious salty air that just hits different. The *potential* is definitely there.
But! And this is a big BUT… it's Goa. Which means layers. It’s not some pristine, polished resort. You might find a rogue dog or two sniffing around (they’re usually harmless but be cautious, I learned the hard way with a cheeky chihuahua!), a little bit of sand in your perfectly clean room (because, duh, it’s the beach!), and maybe a persistent mosquito or two who refuses to respect your bug spray.
My first morning there, I was convinced it would be epic. I dragged myself out of bed, still half-asleep, and stumbled onto my balcony. The sun was painting everything gold, the sea was a shimmering turquoise… and then I nearly tripped over a discarded coconut. Paradise, with a healthy dose of reality check. I loved it.
Are the rooms any good? Specifically, in Phase 1? Air conditioning a *must* for me.
Rooms. Okay, rooms. Look, you’re not getting a Ritz-Carlton situation here. Phase 1 is, let's say, charmingly rustic. I stayed in a sea-facing room and it was… adequate. The air conditioning *worked* (thank god, because Goa is a furnace during some months), though it sounded like a small squadron of bees taking off.
The furniture is functional. The bathroom… well, let’s just say the water pressure wasn’t exactly a power wash. And if you’re prone to being a clean freak, you might want to pack your own sanitizing wipes (seriously, just do it). But, and here's the key point: you're not spending your life in the room. You're there to crash after a day of sun, sand, and maybe a few too many Kingfishers. The balcony was *everything*. That little balcony and the sea breeze were worth any imperfections. That's how I felt about it anyway.
Food! Tell me about the food! Specifically, breakfast. This is important.
Breakfast… Ah, breakfast. This is where things get a little… Goa-esque. Don't expect a buffet spread that'll rival a five-star hotel. Think basic, but decent. Toast, eggs (cooked any way you like them, thankfully), maybe some fruit if you're lucky, and the obligatory Indian breakfast options.
I, personally, became addicted to their omelets. Glorious. I'd order one every morning, loaded with veggies, and sit there, watching the waves, and feeling… happy. It wasn't Michelin-star quality, but it was *perfectly* Goa. The setting makes *all* the difference.
One day, though, I’ll never forget it, I woke up late to find the buffet already picked over. I am not a happy person without breakfast. I ended up having to politely *hint* to the staff (a little bit of assertive friendliness goes a long way in Goa) that I was still waiting...and eventually got my omelet. Lesson learned: get there early to avoid disappointment (or a hangry meltdown, like mine).
What about the beach? Is it actually a *beach* beach?
Oh, yes. The beach. It's *the* reason you go. The beach along Phase 1 is amazing. Soft sand, gorgeous water... pure bliss. It's not overly crowded, which is a massive win. You can actually *relax* without feeling like you're sharing a towel with a thousand other people.
You'll have the usual beach activities available: sunbeds, umbrellas (although, seriously, bring your own hat and sunscreen!), maybe some watersports if you're feeling adventurous. But the true highlight? Watching the sunsets. They're legendary. Seriously, I've seen sunsets all over the world, and the ones at Ondas Do Mar? Top tier. Breathtaking. I’d wander the beach with my camera (I'm a terrible amateur photographer, by the way), and get lost in capturing the colours. One evening, I swear the entire sky was on fire. Gorgeous. Just gorgeous.
Is it family-friendly? I've got kids...
Ehhh, family-friendly. It *can* be. Depends on your definition. There's no dedicated kids' club or anything like that. Phase 1 is more geared towards relaxation, so the focus isn't specifically on children.
The beach is great for kids to play in, obviously, and the shallow water is reasonably safe. However, you'll need to keep a close eye on them (as you should anywhere near the ocean). The resort itself isn't particularly geared towards them, you'll need a kid-friendly attitude. Also, the menu isn't really kid-oriented.
You could also go next door, but then you are getting away from phase 1. I'd suggest a place with loads of kids’ activities at least
What are the downsides? Spill the tea!
Okay, here’s the unvarnished truth. No place is perfect.
The service can be… inconsistent. Sometimes it's fantastic, the staff are friendly and helpful. Other times, you might have to flag someone down a few times. Patience is a virtue, and it's essential in Goa. Embrace the slow pace. Also, some areas of the resort look like they're slightly run down.
The Wifi is… a joke. Don't expect to stream Netflix. It's there for checking emails, and that's about it. If you *need* to be connected, buy a local SIM card. The mosquitoes can be relentless, especially at dusk, so pack *plenty* of repellent. Don't skimp on it.
Is it worth the money? Would you goWander Stay Spot

