
Escape to Baguio: Light & Airy Bliss Awaits!
Escape to Baguio: Light & Airy Bliss Awaits! - A Rambling, Honest Review (and Plea to Book!)
Okay, buckle up Buttercups, because I just experienced "Escape to Baguio: Light & Airy Bliss Awaits!" and… well, let's just say it was an experience. Forget perfectly polished travel blog posts; this is the real deal, warts and all. I'm talking a rollercoaster of "OMG, this is incredible!" to a tiny "Hmm, could be better" moments (which, let's be honest, make life interesting).
First off, let's just say Baguio is magical. The air? Crisp. The pine trees? Instagram-gold. And "Escape to Baguio" (I'm just going to call it "Escape" from now on, because typing that whole thing out is exhausting) nestled right into that vibe.
Accessibility & The Nitty Gritty (Don't Skip This, Folks!)
Now, I'm not in a wheelchair, but I did notice the hotel tries. There's an elevator (thank GOODNESS), and I saw some facilities for disabled guests, which is huge. It's always a bonus to see hotels thinking about everyone. Check-in/out [express] was a lifesaver, because, honestly, who wants to stand in line after a long journey? They also have Contactless check-in/out, which, in today’s world? Genius.
Internet - Gotta Have It (Especially For Me!)
Okay, internet. Crucial. They boast Free Wi-Fi in all rooms! and Internet access – wireless, which is great. BUT, here's a little secret: sometimes it's… spotty. Not a dealbreaker, but maybe don't plan on livestreaming your entire stay. (Unless you have the patience of a saint. I, alas, do not.) Internet access – LAN is also available, for those who still swing that way.
Things to Do & Ways to Relax – The Bliss Factor (Mostly!)
This is where "Escape" really shines. Let's talk Spa/sauna. Yep. They’ve got a sauna, a steamroom, a Pool with view (!!!). Seriously, the pool view alone is worth the price of admission. Just picture it: misty mountains, a perfect blue pool, and you? Floating. Glorious.
I went for the massage. Oh. My. Goodness. The masseuse, May, was a wizard with hands. Seriously, I think my shoulders actually un-knotted themselves. I literally felt like I was melting into the table. Best massage ever. I'm talking a solid week of no neck pain afterwards. (Okay, maybe not a week, but you get the point!) They also have Body wrap, Body scrub, a Foot bath… Basically, if you want to feel like a pampered queen (or king!), this is your jam.
More Ramblings on Relaxing (Because, Seriously, I Need To Go Back)
The Fitness center is there too, I peeked in, it was a decent size. I’m not a gym bunny (more of a "eat cake and nap" kind of person), but it looked well-equipped. But who am I kidding? I was there for the spa and the pool.
Cleanliness & Safety - Peace of Mind (Phew!)
Okay, let’s get real. Safety is paramount these days. "Escape" gets it. They're all about the Anti-viral cleaning products, Daily disinfection in common areas, Rooms sanitized between stays, and Hand sanitizer everywhere. They have a Doctor/nurse on call and a First aid kit. Plus, they have Staff trained in safety protocol. Honestly, it felt safe. I mean, I still kept my hand sanitizer glued to me, but I wasn’t constantly on edge. They have also got CCTV in common areas and CCTV outside property. You can even opt out of room sanitization if you want.
Dining, Drinking & Snacking – Fuel for the Soul!
Alright, let’s talk food. The Breakfast [buffet] was pretty decent. Asian breakfast, Western breakfast, you know the drill. They have different Restaurants with Asian cuisine in restaurant, International cuisine in restaurant, and I saw some lovely Desserts in restaurant. Coffee/tea in restaurant is a godsend in the chilly air. They even have a Poolside bar! I spent a good chunk of the afternoon there, strategically sipping cocktails and judging the cloud formations. They serve Soup in restaurant and Salad in restaurant if you're feeling healthy. They also have Room service [24-hour] – perfect for those late-night cravings. Be warned though, the Bottle of water is not free.
Services and Conveniences – Making Life Easier
From the mundane to the magnificent, they have you covered. They have Air conditioning in public area, a Concierge, and Daily housekeeping (thank the heavens). The Elevator is essential. They have a Laundry service (because, let's face it, nobody wants to do laundry on vacation!). And thank goodness for the Gift/souvenir shop – I completely forgot to buy a present for my Aunt Mildred! They have a Cash withdrawal if you run out of cash. The Meeting/banquet facilities are available for any special events.
Inside the Room: My Private Sanctuary (or Not So Private, If You're Nosy)
My room was… well, it was lovely. Air conditioning (essential), a comfy bed, Bathrobes, Coffee/tea maker, Desk, Free bottled water… the usual suspects. I appreciated the Blackout curtains because, hello, sleep! There was a Refrigerator and a Mini bar. The Wi-Fi [free] was a little patchy at times, but overall, a pretty good experience.
A Few Quirks (Because Nothing's Perfect!)
Okay, here’s the honesty part. I heard a distant karaoke session one evening. It didn’t last all night, but it was something. And the shower pressure was a little… gentle. But honestly, these are minor things.
The Emotional Conclusion (And My Plea to You!)
Look, "Escape to Baguio: Light & Airy Bliss Awaits!" is not perfect. But it’s pretty darn close. It’s a place where you can actually relax. Where you can get a world-class massage, stare at a breathtaking view, and feel truly away from it all.
Here's My Plea (and a Compelling Offer!)
Stop scrolling. Seriously. Are you looking for a break? NEED to feel pampered?
Book your stay at "Escape to Baguio: Light & Airy Bliss Awaits!" NOW!
But wait, there's more! Book within the next 24 hours and get a FREE upgrade to a room with a balcony (perfect for watching the sunset!). You’ll also receive a complimentary cocktail at the poolside bar (my personal recommendation: the Pineapple Paradise!). Plus, we’ll throw in a 15% discount on your first spa treatment.
Seriously, don't wait. This experience is what you need. Your stressed-out self will thank you. Your Instagram feed will thank you. Your soul will thank you.
Just book it. You won’t regret it. Trust me, I'm still basking in the afterglow of that massage.
Medan's Hidden Gem: The Perfect Guide for Everyone!
Light & Airy Baguio Bliss (and a Little Bit of Chaos) - My Baguio Itinerary (Don't Judge!)
Okay, so, Baguio. The City of Pines. The place where, apparently, you can escape the Manila heat and find… well, something. I came with high hopes, a suitcase full of slightly mismatched outfits, and a burning desire for a good cup of coffee. Let the messy, unfiltered truth unfold:
Day 1: Arrival, Awkward Introductions, and Coffee Dreams
- Morning (Or, Let’s Be Honest, Early Afternoon): Landed in Manila. Ugh. The heat hit me like a physical force field. The pre-booked shuttle to Baguio was supposed to be a smooth ride. Let's just say the driver was… creative. He took detours, blasted questionable karaoke, and seemed perpetually lost, but hey! We got there eventually. I actually quite liked him and his karaoke!
- Afternoon: Checked into our Airbnb -- a charming wooden house that looked straight out of a Pinterest board (before I realized there was zero heating and the water pressure was… optimistic). Settled in, unpacked, and immediately regretted not bringing ALL the sweaters.
- Late Afternoon/Early Evening: First stop: Cafe by the Ruins Dua. The legend. The Holy Grail of Baguio coffee. I NEEDED this. And? It was… okay. I'm sorry, Baguio, I'm judging. The ambiance was divine, all twinkly lights and exposed brick, but my coffee tasted faintly of burnt toast and disappointment. Okay, fine, maybe I was the disappointment. I was expecting a life-changing caffeine experience, and all I got was a slightly bitter latte. Still, the food was amazing and I spent a solid hour people-watching. I definitely felt a little bit more at peace here.
- Evening: Dinner at a popular restaurant – Hill Station. It was good, but mostly I remember the cold. Seriously, I'm pretty sure I could see my breath. And the person across from me was wearing what I can only describe as an inside-out puffer jacket. It was a vibe. After dinner, we walked around Burnham Park, which was a bit of a letdown. It felt a little… sterile? Empty? Maybe I was just cold and grumpy. Went back to the Airbnb and huddled under a mountain of blankets, reading.
Day 2: The Mines View Park Meltdown… And a Glorious Redemption
- Morning: Mines View Park. Oh, the humanity. Crowds. Chaos. Souvenir vendors hawking everything from "I Love Baguio" t-shirts to questionable dog-shaped keychains. The view itself? Gorgeous, naturally, but obscured by the sheer number of selfie sticks. I had a minor existential crisis while watching a group of ten people try to squeeze into a single photo with a giant, stuffed dog. Is this real life? I wanted to scream. I got hangry – a very real emotion.
- Mid-Morning: Escape. We bailed. But wait..
- Late Morning: Session Road. This is where Baguio truly started to shine. We ate street food (corn, what else?), bought a ridiculously oversized hat, and just… wandered. The energy here was different. Lively. I found a tiny, hidden coffee shop (yes, another one!) called Araceli Coffee. It was tiny, barely big enough to swing a cat, but the coffee? Heaven. I swear, the barista knew how to make magic. I had a second cup. And a third.
- Afternoon: Camp John Hay. This place is beautiful. Nature, fresh air, more food and coffee. Spent a good 4 hours here. I walked through the trails, took a lot of pictures, and generally just enjoyed the atmosphere. We even saw a wedding! I started to feel less like a cynical, chilly tourist and more like… well, maybe I like Baguio.
- Evening: Dinner at a restaurant overlooking the city. Amazing views, a decent meal, and a feeling that, despite the Mines View Park trauma, maybe Baguio wasn’t so bad after all.
Day 3: Art, Chocolate, and a Questionable Adventure
- Morning: BenCab Museum. Wow. Just wow. The art was stunning, the setting was incredible, and I actually felt a glimmer of an artistic soul awakening within me. Seriously, I was moved. Spent way longer than I had planned there. Honestly, it's worth the trip to Baguio on its own
- Afternoon: Ili-likha Artist Village. Quirky. Colorful. Instagram-bait. I loved some of it, was slightly confused by other parts of it, and spent an unreasonable amount of time trying to figure out how to get the perfect shot. Bought some art and had some delicious chocolate from a shop nearby.
- Late Afternoon: The Night Market. I love a good night market. This one was a sensory overload in the best possible way. From the (very) affordable clothes to the street food to the general buzz of the place, it was a blast. Ate a huge plate of Isaw and a giant corn dog. The afterglow of the BenCab Museum, the chocolate, the night market. I was on a high.
- Early Evening: We decided to check out a bar that was supposed to be "cool". Got lost. The cab driver seemed to be trying to scare us. Found the bar, it was…meh.. And the walk back was a bit scary. In and out.
Day 4: Farewell… And a Promise to Return (Maybe)
- Morning: One last coffee. One last plate of Silog. One last attempt to soak in the crisp air. Went back to Cafe by the Ruins Dua for breakfast because what choice do I have, it's the only place on my list.
- Late Morning/Afternoon: Headed back to Manila. The shuttle ride was less dramatic this time, thankfully.
Final Thoughts:
Baguio. You are… complicated. You’re a bit cold, a bit chaotic, and you certainly don’t make things easy. But you also have a certain charm. You have amazing coffee (eventually), stunning views, and a vibrant energy that, despite my initial grumbling, wore me down. Would I go back? Maybe. With a better coat, a more open mind, and a determination to find that perfect cup of coffee. And maybe, just maybe, to avoid the stuffed dog photo opportunities at Mines View Park. Okay, definitely. I'm already planning how to do it again!
Unbelievable Mo Do Ong Place: Ubon Ratchathani's Hidden Gem!
Ugh, What Even *Is* "Escape to Baguio: Light & Airy Bliss Awaits!"? Like, Seriously, What's the Hype?
Okay, so imagine escaping... well, wherever you are. For me, it was the existential dread of my apartment and the constant, unrelenting noise of the city. "Escape to Baguio" is basically Baguio City, Philippines, packaged with a promise of... you guessed it, light and airy bliss. Think pine trees, maybe a little fog (depending on the day, because Baguio weather is a complete wild card), and a chance to breathe air that *doesn't* smell like exhaust fumes. The hype? Well, it's the classic "get away from it all" fantasy, right? And sometimes, you *need* that fantasy. I needed it BADLY.
Alright, Sounds Nice. But Is It *Actually* Blissful? Or Is That Marketing Nonsense?
Okay, let's be real. Marketing is *always* going to oversell things. Light and airy? Sometimes. Blissful? Definitely possible, but not guaranteed. My first day? I'd say more like, "slightly chilled and slightly stressed." The traffic getting *into* Baguio was a nightmare. Seriously, I thought I was going to lose my mind in the jeepney. Then, I got a room with a leaky faucet. Not exactly the "bliss" I was picturing. The "air" was amazing, though. Like, crisp and clean. It totally revitalized me after the jeepney trip – maybe, just maybe, the hype is real! A little.
So, What's the BEST Thing About Baguio? Don't Give Me Some Generic Tourism Answer!
Okay, okay. The BEST thing? Hands down: The *food*. Seriously. Forget the historical stuff, the parks, the... well, the *standard* tourist traps. The food is where it's at. I'm talking *fresh* strawberries, ube everything (seriously, ube overload, and I'm not complaining), and this amazing local dish I found called *kinuday* – smoked pork cooked in what tasted like pure magic. I went to a little hole-in-the-wall place, a tiny, crammed spot run by these awesome old ladies, and ordered so much food my stomach almost exploded. Worth it. Absolutely worth it. The memory of that kinuday still makes my mouth water.
Okay, You Had Me at "Food Explosion." But What About the Tourist Stuff? Worth it?
Okay, the touristy stuff... hmm. Some of it is, some of it's kinda 'meh.' Burnham Park? Crowded. Session Road? Also crowded (and the shops are mostly the same as everywhere else). The Baguio Cathedral? Pretty. Really pretty. I actually had a decent time there. I wouldn't say *skip it*, but don't expect to be blown away. The mines view park, however? I loved it. There was a small place where you had to pay a few pesos to enter, and I did. It was beautiful.. also, i loved the fact that it's not overly crowded.
What Should I Pack for Baguio? Besides, You Know, Basic Clothes?
Layers, people! LAYERS! Baguio weather is a fickle beast. One minute you're sweating, the next you're shivering. I'd say: a light jacket, a scarf (essential), some comfortable shoes for walking (seriously, you'll walk *a lot*), and a good umbrella. And, THIS IS IMPORTANT: A *really good* book. Or two. Or three. You'll want something to read while you're waiting for your food. Seriously. Also I brought a reusable bottle, as the air is drier there and you'd want to stay hydrated! Don't be me and forget sunscreen, I ended up buying the cheapest one ever.
Any Quirks or Annoying Things to Watch Out For? Because Let's Be Real, Nothing's Perfect.
Oh, *plenty*. First, the traffic. Did I mention the traffic? Plan accordingly. Secondly, expect crowds, especially during peak seasons. Thirdly, be prepared for, well, a *different* pace of life. Things move slower. Service can be… erratic. Just take a deep breath, relax, and embrace the chaos. And finally, the hotels can be.. well it depends. On my first day, I was so stressed out because of the leaky faucet and the bad internet connection.
Okay, Let's Talk Food Again. Besides Kinuday, What Else Should I Eat? I’m Hungry Just Thinking About It!
Okay, *YES* to more food talk! Besides diving headfirst into the kinuday (seriously, find it!), you *have* to try the strawberry taho. It's street food, it's cheap, and it's gloriously delicious. The *pan de sal* with *tuna* from the bakery was also surprisingly amazing. I would also recommend the *sisig* there, as it's cooked a little differently and worth the try. Also go find the local market for coffee. It's a very affordable and a delicious experience for coffee lovers like me. Seriously, you won't regret it. My stomach and my wallet both cried, but it was worth it. And the *fresh* strawberries! Oh, the strawberries... I went through like three punnets in two days. Zero regrets.
What's the Overall *Vibe* of Baguio? Give Me the Feeling.
Okay, the vibe… it's a mix. It's a bit bohemian, a bit laid-back, a bit... well, touristy. It’s definitely more relaxed than where I live (thank goodness). It's the kind of place where you can wander around, get lost in the market, and not feel too stressed about it. It's also a bit… raw, in a good way. It's not all polished and perfect. There's a certain *realness* to it, if that makes sense. The kids there also seem kinder, and are always willing to help. Ultimately, it’s a place where, if you're lucky, you can find a moment of peace… and a damn good meal. It’s imperfect, yes, but it’s charming in its own messy way. Now go explore!
Will IHotel Bliss Search

