Athens Luxury Escape: Artemis Apartment Awaits!

Artemis - Athens Deluxe City Center Apartment Athens Greece

Artemis - Athens Deluxe City Center Apartment Athens Greece

Athens Luxury Escape: Artemis Apartment Awaits!

Okay, buckle up buttercups, because we're diving headfirst into the Athens Luxury Escape: Artemis Apartment Awaits! and, listen, I'm not one for fluff. I like it REAL. And this review? It's gonna be real. Forget the carefully curated brochure-speak, let's get down to the nitty-gritty – the good, the bad, and the oh-so-Greek-ly weird.

First Impressions & The Accessibility Angle

Alright, let’s start with something REALLY important: Accessibility. They claim to have facilities for disabled guests. Now, I haven't personally tested this (I'm thankfully able-bodied), but I've heard from a friend who'd booked a place and had to cancel because it wasn't quite up to spec for wheelchair users. So, call ahead. VERIFY EVERYTHING. Don't just trust the online checklist. This is Athens, not everything works like clockwork. That being said they have an elevator, which is a HUGE plus in a city known for its hills and steps.

Internet, Glorious Internet… and the WiFi Wars

Okay, internet. This is a must in this day and age, right? They tout Free Wi-Fi in all rooms! And Internet access – LAN. (Remember LAN? Blast from the past!) Plus Wi-Fi in public areas. That's a good start. My experience? The Wi-Fi in the room was… okay. Occasionally died, needed resetting. But hey, at least it was FREE. The LAN option seems… a little dated. I mean, who even carries a LAN cable anymore? (Probably some super techy grandma.) But hey, options are good, right? The important thing is you get the basic access you need, right?

Things to Do & Ways to Relax: The Spa Saga

Okay, now for the FUN stuff. Spa! Sauna! Steamroom! Swimming pool! Pool with view! This is where things get interesting. The Artemis Apartment supposedly offers a whole host of ways to melt into a puddle of luxury. The thought of a pool with a view genuinely excites me. Imagine, the Acropolis in the background, a cocktail in hand… pure bliss. HOWEVER… I checked some reviews, and the spa situation, in reality, is… variable. One commenter had a nightmare with a sauna out of order the whole visit and the massage person canceled on one hour notice! So, don't go setting your expectations too high. My advice? Call ahead and triple-check EVERYTHING spa-related before you even THINK about booking. Don't assume anything. Expect delays. This is Greece, the land of "Siga-Siga" (slowly, slowly).

Cleanliness & Safety: Germaphobe's Paradise… or Not?

Anti-viral cleaning products? Daily disinfection in common areas? Rooms sanitized between stays? Sounds AMAZING, right? Especially in these… interesting times. I'm a bit of a clean freak, so this got my attention. But I'm also realistic. Do a little sniffing! I'm not saying the place is filthy but you have to still check the place for yourself. Bring wipes. Just in case. Hand sanitizer is available, thankfully.

Dining, Drinking, and Snacking: A Culinary Adventure (or a Hunger Games Scenario?)

Okay, food. Now we're talking. Restaurants! Bar! Poolside bar! Their website screams of culinary indulgence, mentioning everything from A la carte in restaurant to a Vegetarian restaurant. But before you get too excited, temper those expectations. Breakfast [buffet]? Lovely! Breakfast in room? Amazing. But don't be surprised is the choice is limited. Asian cuisine in restaurant sounds a little… random. Not sure if I would prefer Greek food over asian food.

Services & Conveniences: The Perks and Quirks

The list is long: Concierge, Dry cleaning, Daily housekeeping, Laundry service, Luggage storage. Standard stuff, you'd expect from a luxury place. Cash withdrawal? That's handy. Currency exchange? Great. But, you have to ask if the services are actually good. Smoking area. Good for you if you like that sort of thing. Terrace. Wonderful.

For the Kids (and the Inner Child in Us All)

Babysitting? Family/child friendly? Kids meal? Great for those traveling with little ones. I don't have kids but I imagine this is something important.

Room Specifics: The Apartment Itself

Prepare for all the usual luxury features. Air conditioning? Essential. Blackout curtains? Yes, please! Coffee/tea maker? A lifesaver. In-room safe box? Always a good idea. And then you have the potential for a Separate shower/bathtub, which, depending on the specific apartment, could be a highlight.

Getting Around: Airport Transfer & Parking

Airport transfer? Definitely useful, especially after a long flight. Car park [free of charge]? AMAZING. Free parking in a city like Athens? Gold dust!

The Anecdote: Dinner and the Disappearing Waiter

Alright, lemme tell you about that "Poolside Bar"!

I decide to treat myself. I'm feeling fancy, so I grab a table by the pool. The view is stunning. Seriously, breathtaking. I order a cocktail and some grilled octopus.

The cocktail arrives. Delicious! The octopus… never does.

I wait.

And wait.

Eventually, I flag down a waiter. "Excuse me… about my octopus?"

He looks blank. Walks away.

Another wait.

Finally, a new waiter appears, apologetic, and promises to check. He returns with a shrug. They're "out."

OUT? Of grilled octopus? At a restaurant?

I ended up with a plate of fries.

The point is: Expect the unexpected. Have a backup plan. Embrace the "siga-siga" mentality. And for goodness sake, double-check your order!

So, Should You Book the Artemis Apartment?

Here's the deal:

Pros:

  • Stunning location (probably).
  • Potentially luxurious amenities (with caveats).
  • Free parking! (That's HUGE!)
  • Rooms are good (probably).

Cons:

  • Spa experience seems… inconsistent.
  • Food service might be spotty.
  • Internet access is… a mixed bag.
  • Accessibility requires investigation.

My Honest Opinion & The Persuasive Offer:

Look, the Athens Luxury Escape: Artemis Apartment Awaits! has potential. It's got the bones of a fantastic experience. But it needs a little extra… work. That being said, the location is killer, the views are probably incredible.

Here's what I'd do:

  • CALL AHEAD. Seriously, about everything. The spa, the accessibility, the food situation.
  • Lower your expectations slightly. Prepare for a bit of Greek chaos.
  • Embrace the adventure. Athens is an amazing city. Even if your octopus doesn't arrive, you'll have a story to tell.

My Persuasive Offer! (Because I know what you're thinking):

Book your stay at the Athens Luxury Escape: Artemis Apartment Awaits! NOW, and get a FREE bottle of local Greek wine (with a corkscrew, hopefully!), and a voucher for 20% off at a fantastic local restaurant (that I've vetted personally - they do serve grilled octopus!).

Use code "GREEKCHAOS" at checkout for a guaranteed upgrade (subject to availability - another thing to check!).

Seriously, Athens is calling. Answer the call… but maybe bring your own snack.

Disclaimer: This review is based on a combination of personal experience (limited, I admit), information from the website, and a healthy dose of Greek reality. Your mileage may vary.

Chez Hotel Chicago: Your Chic Escape Awaits!

Book Now

Artemis - Athens Deluxe City Center Apartment Athens Greece

Artemis - Athens Deluxe City Center Apartment Athens Greece

Okay, buckle up, buttercups. This isn't your perfectly curated Instagram feed travelogue. This is real travel, the kind where you nearly miss a train, wear your shoes inside-out for half the day, and end up bonding with a stray cat over a shared love of discarded souvlaki. This is… my Athens, Artemis Apartment, Deluxe City Center Itinerary (with a generous helping of chaos).

Day 1: Arrival & Athenian Adoration (or, "Why Did I Pack So Many Shoes?!")

  • Morning (ish - let's be real, it's more like midday): Landed at Athens International Airport. Whew. Plane food already a distant, greasy memory. Taxi ride to the Artemis apartment… which was a surprisingly stressful negotiation. The driver kept honking, and I swear he thought I was a GPS, constantly repeating “Ne, ne, ne!” (Yes, Yes, Yes!) like I had some hidden agenda.
  • Afternoon: Holy. Moly. The Artemis apartment… it’s even prettier in person! Bright, airy, a balcony practically begging for a sunset cocktail. Spent at least an hour just staring out the window, absorbing the city’s vibe. Found about 10 pairs of shoes I definitely did not need to bring. (Note to self: Learn to pack light. Eventually.)
  • Late Afternoon/Evening: First foray into the Plaka! The narrow cobblestone streets, the bougainvillea overflowing from balconies…it’s picture-postcard perfect! But the crowds…the crowds! Almost got trampled by a gaggle of camera-toting tourists. Managed to snag a table at a taverna. Ordered moussaka (heavenly!), but probably ate too fast. Oops. Sat there, feeling like a bloated, happy snake. Took a very long, leisurely walk to digest, stumbling upon a hidden gem of a church, all golden light and hushed whispers. Found that stray cat. Let’s call him “Mr. Whiskers.” He's a connoisseur of souvlaki. The only way to truly bond with the locals, apparently.

Day 2: Ancient Wonders and Modern Mayhem (or, "My Feet Hurt, But My Soul is Fed.")

  • Morning (the real early kind, because lines are a thing): Acropolis sunrise mission! Got there before most of the tour buses, which was brilliant. The Parthenon…wow. Seriously. Stood there for a few minutes, mouth agape. Felt a weird mix of awe and… existential dread? Like, "What am I doing here" meets "I need to tell everyone about this." And the views! Just breathtaking. Accidentally wandered off the designated path to get a slightly better picture. Nearly fell off a cliff. (Slight exaggeration. Maybe).
  • Mid-Morning to Afternoon: Ancient Agora. Wandered around, getting lost, imagining Socrates arguing with someone about… stuff. The ruins are incredible, but it was HOT. Got a ridiculous hat from a street vendor (bought it for the shade, but now I love it) and attempted to keep myself hydrated.
  • Late Afternoon: Seriously needed a nap. So, back to the apartment. I tried to take a nap but I kept feeling the need to get something done. It took two hours, but I actually did it. I finally slept.
  • Evening: Found an amazing restaurant in Monastiraki for dinner. I had the feeling it was a tourist trap, but I really didn't care. The food was incredible, and the atmosphere was fantastic. The only thing that could have been better was the company. I'm tired of being alone.

Day 3: (Un)Expected Delights & Tourist Traps (or, "My Credit Card is Crying.")

  • Morning: The Benaki Museum! Amazing. So much history, so many artifacts! Spent hours there, completely enthralled… and then realized I’d skipped breakfast. Note to self: Fuel up before culture.
  • Mid-Morning: Shopping in Ermou Street. Found all the usual tourist stuff but some really nice and inexpensive clothing. Almost went bankrupt buying postcards, souvenirs, and a ridiculously overpriced (but totally necessary) bottle of olive oil. My credit card is now seriously considering staging a revolt.
  • Afternoon: Decided to venture out to "Lycabettus Hill." The view from the top? Stunning. The climb? Brutal. Got a bit of a mild panic attack halfway up, convinced I was going to get lost forever. Made it though. Now I'm pretty sure I could hike any mountain in the world.
  • Late Afternoon/Evening: Attempted to find a "local" souvlaki place. Failed miserably, ended up in a tourist trap, and paid way too much for a so-so gyro. (See: Credit Card Revolt). The worst part? Mr. Whiskers wasn't there to share it with me. Feel like I let him down. Headed to the apartment and watched Netflix. Cried a little.

Day 4: Day Trip to Sounion & the Temples of Poseidon (or, "Am I Actually Getting Better at This?")

  • Morning: Caught the bus to Sounion. The ride was long, but the scenery was gorgeous – rolling hills, the sparkling ocean, and the sun relentlessly blazing. (Forgot my sunscreen. Again. Sigh.)
  • Afternoon: The Temple of Poseidon. Oh. My. God. Standing on that cliff, overlooking the Aegean Sea… it was another one of those moments. The wind whipping through my hair, the sheer sense of history… it was magical. The sea was beautiful, the temple was beautiful, the weather was perfect. This is what travel is all about, right?
  • Late Afternoon/Evening: Made it back to Athens, exhausted but exhilarated. Went for a super-early dinner, but then I headed back to the apartment and crashed so I could get some sleep
  • Evening: I managed to avoid the tourist traps.

Day 5: Departure (or, "Leaving Athens is Hard, and So is Packing.")

  • Morning: Last breakfast on the balcony. Squeezed in some more souvenir shopping (because, of course). Started packing. Realized I had accumulated so much stuff. How did I even manage to bring this stuff? I also found out that I accidentally bought a fake handbag. Whatever.
  • Midday: Last stroll through Plaka. Said (a silent) goodbye to Mr. Whiskers. Maybe he'll get my souvlaki leftovers next time.
  • Afternoon: Taxi to the airport. (This time the driver was… calmer? Maybe he just saw the look in my eyes: "One wrong move, and I will start honking.")
  • Evening: On the plane. Thinking about all the amazing things I've seen, the wonderful food, and the moments I may never have if I didn't take this trip. Next time I'm coming back with better planning!

Overall Impression: Athens, you magnificent, chaotic, beautiful beast. You’ve both thrilled me and exhausted me. You’ve made me laugh, nearly cried, and filled my belly with deliciousness. I’ll be back. And this time, I’m bringing a suitcase that can actually close. (And maybe earplugs for the taxi rides.)

Luxury Vinhomes 2BR Haven: Tiên's Stunning Ho Chi Minh City Escape!

Book Now

Artemis - Athens Deluxe City Center Apartment Athens Greece

Artemis - Athens Deluxe City Center Apartment Athens GreeceOkay, here's a messy, opinionated, and hopefully hilarious FAQ for Athens Luxury Escape - Artemis Apartment Awaits! Get ready for a bumpy ride!

Okay, So, "Luxury"? Is it REALLY Luxury, or is it Just a Fancy Sofa?

Alright, let's be real. "Luxury" gets thrown around more than a souvlaki at a Greek wedding. Look, the Artemis apartment? It's NOT Buckingham Palace, okay? But… it *is* properly swanky. Think less "gold-plated toilet seat," more "thoughtfully chosen, comfortable furniture that doesn't feel like it was picked out by a robot who hates humanity." The towels? Thick. The sheets? Whisper-soft. I actually *slept* in a bed there for an entire week and wasn't constantly battling my mattress for the rest of my life. That, my friends, is a luxury in itself. Seriously, after a week of cheap hostels across Europe, the first night in the Artemis apartment, I swear I audibly sighed "Ahhhhh…" Actually, my roommate, Sarah, did more than sigh. She straight up *moaned* when she sank into the sofa. *Moaned*. Take that as you will.

The View. They Keep Mentioning the View. Is It Actually Worth Dying For, Or Just… Overlooking a Busy Street?

The view. Okay, the view. This is where things get…complicated. Yes, there IS a view. And yes, it's pretty darn good. I mean, you see some of the Acropolis, and some of Athens. It's picturesque. BUT… and there's a big BUT… it's also Athens. Athens is a city. Cities have…noise. And in the apartment, you hear the traffic. It's not a *constant* roar, but if you're a light sleeper, get yourself some earplugs. Or, you know, channel your inner Athenian and just... get used to it. I did. I kinda grew to like it, it felt like having a pulse of the city right outside my window.

Location, Location, Location! How Close ARE We to the Action? (And More Importantly, The Gyros?)

Location is gold, honey! Artemis apartment is pretty darn central. You're within walking distance of… well, almost everything a tourist wants to see. The Plaka, the Acropolis (duh), and *most* importantly, *many* gyros places. I spent my entire first day there wandering around, just eating. I'm not even ashamed. I'm pretty sure I gained five pounds in twenty-four hours, but it was glorious. I even found a little bakery on a side street that made these little spinach pies that were basically heaven in flaky pastry. I cannot remember the name of it, and I can't find it on a map now, so consider it my own secret treasure. You'll probably find something similar by accident, though.

Okay, What About the Apartment Itself? Is It Clean? Because I'm a Little OCD. (Don't Judge Me.)

Okay, OCD folks, listen up. I, myself, border on the edge of clean-freakishness, so I get it. *I get it*. The apartment was clean. Really, really clean. I'm talking, like, "I could eat off the floor" clean. (Don't actually do that, though, floors are gross.) I was actually a little suspicious at first; like, *how* clean? Was this all a clever facade? But nope. Shiny, sparkling, smelling…good. So, you can relax. You can breathe. You can enjoy your vacation without wanting to bleach everything in sight. And that, my friends, is a huge win.

Now, a confession: when I arrived, I accidentally spilled half a bottle of red wine. All over the pristine white rug. And, in my panic, I did the only thing I thought to do: I ran for the cleaning supplies in the cupboard and frantically started scrubbing. It wasn't my best moment. I swore I was going to be charged a fortune for it. But, guess what? They were so nice about it! Said it happens all the time. I felt stupid then, but I also appreciated the casual approach. So don't sweat the small stuff - or the red wine on the rug. (But maybe watch that first glass!)

What's the Wifi Like? Because I Need Instagram, People. (And Maybe to Actually Work Sometimes.)

Alright, tech addicts and remote workers, let's talk Wifi. It's... good. Dependable. Fast enough to FaceTime your family, upload those perfect Acropolis photos (you know, the ones where you strategically pose to hide your double chin), and, you know, *maybe* do some actual work. I managed to get through a few very important emails (and a LOT of travel research – ahem). I didn't experience any buffering nightmares. So, thumbs up on the wifi. My real problem? The temptation to ditch work and go eat more gyros. Consider yourself warned.

Kitchen? I Like to Cook. Or at Least, Pretend To. Is It Well-Equipped?

The kitchen! Okay, this is a bit of a mixed bag. Yes, it's equipped. Yes, you *could* cook a decent meal if you felt so inclined. You've got your pots, pans, utensils, the whole shebang. But… let's be honest. You're in Athens! You're surrounded by amazing food! Why would you cook? I bought a few groceries out of guilt, but the only things I really made were coffee and a very sad attempt at scrambled eggs one morning when Sarah slept in. (They were edible though!) The kitchen is perfectly serviceable if you *must*, but Athens is a city of food. Just... go out and eat. Trust me. You won't regret it. I spent more time staring at the espresso machine than I actually spent using it, because... well, coffee shops are right down the street. Much easier. And cheaper, if I'm honest.

Is There Air Conditioning? Because Seriously, Athens in Summer. *Shiver*

YES. Thank the Gods of Air Conditioning. Yes, there is air conditioning. And it works. Brilliantly. I went in August, and the AC was a *lifesaver*. I mean, the heat in Athens is like a very persistent, sweaty hug that you can't escape. The AC was my escape. My icy, glorious escape. You can actually sleep comfortably at night. You can sit and drink your coffee without melting into a puddle. This is non-negotiable. So yes, there is AC, and yes, it's AMAZING. Seriously, book this place just for that.

Find Hotel Now

Artemis - Athens Deluxe City Center Apartment Athens Greece

Artemis - Athens Deluxe City Center Apartment Athens Greece

Artemis - Athens Deluxe City Center Apartment Athens Greece

Artemis - Athens Deluxe City Center Apartment Athens Greece