
Cittatel Inn Manila: Your Dream Philippine Getaway Awaits!
Okay, buckle up buttercups, because we're diving headfirst into a real review of Cittatel Inn Manila. And trust me, I'm not pulling any punches. This isn't some perfectly polished travel brochure; this is real life, folks. Or at least, my experience of it.
Cittatel Inn Manila: Your Dream Philippine Getaway Awaits! (…Maybe)
Let's start with the basics, shall we? "Dream Philippine Getaway"? Well, let's see about that. I've stayed in places that felt more like a dream, and places that felt more like a… well, let's just say the opposite of a dream. Cittatel Inn? We’ll get there.
First Impressions & Getting There: The Accessible Angle (and the Lack Thereof?)
Okay, here's the immediate truth bomb: Accessibility is a bit of a mixed bag. They claim they have facilities for disabled guests, and yeah, there's an elevator (thank the heavens!). BUT… I didn’t thoroughly investigate this myself. I can walk. But you definitely want to call ahead and quiz them if you have specific accessibility needs. Seriously, call. Don’t rely on website promises in the Philippines. Trust me.
Getting there? Pretty straightforward. Airport transfer is offered, which is a HUGE plus after a long flight. (Read: essential given Manila traffic – it’s… an experience.) Car park is free and on-site. Valet parking is available too, which is a nice touch. But honestly, I was too exhausted to care.
Rooms: Clean-ish, Comfy-ish, But… (Deep Breath)
Alright, the room. Now, this is where things get interesting. They have all the basics: air conditioning (praise be!), a comfy bed (mostly), a mini-bar (score!), and a little desk to work from (or, in my case, frantically try to find the Wi-Fi password). Free Wi-Fi in all rooms! THEY LIED. It worked… sometimes. Sometimes it was lightning fast. Other times… well, let's just say I developed a newfound appreciation for Morse code. And that’s when I was even able to connect to it. Thank goodness for the occasional bursts of speed I think the advertised Wi-Fi access is something I can’t really give a fair review on. I feel like I should give it a 50/50. They also have a desk, with Internet [LAN]
One day… yeah, one particular day… I was desperate to connect to the LAN but did not have the wire. Oh well.
But look: Rooms sanitized between stays. That’s a massive win in my book, especially these days. And they do have, like, a whole bunch of options: non-smoking rooms, high floors, soundproof rooms, etc. You can even opt-out of room sanitization. Again, big points for offering those choices. And the shower pressure with the hot water was pretty good.
The bathroom was clean, though. That’s a win.
What I didn’t love? Some of the… shall we say… minor imperfections. Scuffs on the walls (no biggie, but still noticeable), and the occasional… questionable stain on the carpet. I'm just saying, a bit more attention to detail wouldn't hurt.
They have a scale. I, however, do not wish to be weighed on a scale. This is a personal problem.
And, I’m not going to lie, I always check for the smoke detector and fire alarms. Safety first, people!
Food, Glorious Food (and Drinks!)
Ah, the good stuff. The dining situation at Cittatel Inn is… well, it's got potential. They have (deep breath) Restaurants, restaurants with Asian, International, and Vegetarian cuisine (yay!). They offer Breakfast [buffet], Breakfast service, and Breakfast takeaway service. They have a la carte options.
Let's start with the Breakfast [buffet]. Here’s a story. The first morning, I woke up ravenous. Like, seriously, I hadn’t eaten in… well, a while. I stumbled down to the breakfast area, visions of fluffy scrambled eggs and crispy bacon dancing in my head. And there it was: a buffet. The buffet had an Asian buffet available. And a Western breakfast available. The Asian breakfast was good. The Western breakfast?
…Meh.
It was…fine. The coffee was lukewarm, the bacon was a bit soggy, and the eggs… yeah, they weren't exactly pulling out all the stops.
But the fruit? The fruit was amazing. Fresh, juicy mangoes, sweet pineapples… it almost made up for everything else. Almost.
They also have a Snack bar and Room service [24-hour], which are life-savers when you're jet-lagged and desperate for a late-night snack. I definitely took advantage of that. More than once.
Drinking? Well, they have a Bar and a Poolside bar.
In short, the dining is okay but not the main draw. There are some good bits, but don't expect culinary fireworks. Take it for convenience, not destination food.
Things To Do (or Not To Do): Relaxation Station or Fitness Frenzy?
Okay, here’s where things get interesting, but also maybe a little… underwhelming.
Cittatel Inn Manila boasts a Swimming pool [outdoor] (and a Pool with view) – yep, it’s there. It's… fine. It was clean, but I wasn't exactly blown away. The view wasn't particularly awe-inspiring, either.
They also have a Gym/fitness center. I glanced in the door once. I did. And then quickly decided that lying by the pool with a book was a far more appealing option. They also have a Spa, which is a lovely idea. A few things, maybe not worth it for the price. No matter.
They do offer a Spa/sauna.
Cleanliness and Safety: The Sanitization Situation
Alright, let’s talk about the elephant in the room (or, you know, the virus). Cittatel Inn takes cleanliness and safety seriously. They use Anti-viral cleaning products and have Daily disinfection in common areas. They offer Hand sanitizer and Staff trained in safety protocol. Rooms sanitized between stays. They offer Professional-grade sanitizing services. Sanitized kitchen and tableware items. Safe dining setup. They even have Individually-wrapped food options and Physical distancing of at least 1 meter. All good stuff, right?
For the Kids & Other Conveniences
Okay, not so much about the kids but some other conveniences - Front desk [24-hour], Elevator, Laundry service, Luggage storage, Cash withdrawal, Currency exchange. And a Convenience store. They provide Facilities for disabled guests.
The Emotional Rollercoaster: My Cittatel Inn Manila Experience
Look, I’m not going to lie. My stay at Cittatel Inn was a bit of a mixed bag. But it was also a real experience. It wasn’t perfect. It had its flaws. But it had its moments.
My Verdict:
Cittatel Inn Manila is… okay. It’s a decent place to crash, especially if you need to be near whatever you need to be near in Manila. The amenities are decent. The staff is friendly. But It's not a luxury experience, really. Don't go out expecting the world, and you'll probably be fine.
Would I recommend it? Maybe. If you're looking for a budget-friendly option with a reasonable level of comfort and a focus on safety, then absolutely consider it. But if you're expecting pure luxury, keep looking.
The "Dream Philippine Getaway" Promise:
Cittatel Inn can be a starting point. It’s not the dream, but it’s a decent place to start.
SEO Boosters (Because I have to):
- Keywords: Cittatel Inn Manila, Manila hotels, Philippines hotels, accessible hotels Manila, budget hotels Manila, Manila spa, Manila pool, free Wi-Fi Manila, Manila accommodation, airport transfer Manila, safe hotels Manila, clean hotels Manila.
My Quirky Takeaway:
The breakfast buffet (especially the fruit) almost redeemed everything. Almost. I hope this honest, messy, and opinionated review gives you a better idea of what to expect at Cittatel Inn Manila. Happy travels!
Suwon Luxury: Ingye-dong's Hidden Mono Hotel Gem!
Cittatel Inn Manila: My Brain, My Backpack, and My Regrets (Probably) - A Messy Itinerary
Okay, so here's the thing. I booked this trip to Manila, specifically the Cittatel Inn, because… well, let's be honest, I was craving chaos. And cheap! Both boxes ticked. This isn't going to be your perfectly curated Instagram grid – this is reality, folks. Buckle up.
Day 1: Arrival - The Initial Panic
- 8:00 AM (ish, who's counting?): Landed at NAIA. Immediately regretted my life choices. The humidity hit me like a wet blanket of despair. My meticulously packed (read: thrown-in-at-the-last-minute) backpack already felt like it weighed the same as a small child.
- 8:45 AM: Taxis. The Manila taxi situation is a beast. Negotiating with the drivers? A sport. Finally, found one who looked (relatively) trustworthy and haggled down the initial price. Victory! Also, instantly realized I hadn't checked the traffic. Oh, sweet Jesus.
- 10:30 AM: Arrived at Cittatel Inn. It's… cozy. Let's go with cozy. The lobby smells faintly of something I can't quite place – a blend of air freshener, old wood, and maybe a whisper of desperation? The staff, bless their hearts, are incredibly friendly, despite the fact that I'm pretty sure I'm dripping sweat all over the reception desk. Check-in: surprisingly smooth. Phew.
- 11:00 AM: Dumped my stuff in the room. The AC is working! Small victories, people, small victories. The view? Well, let's just say it's an authentic Manila experience. Concrete jungle, baby. Concrete jungle.
- 12:00 PM: Lunch. Found a local carinderia (small, local eatery). Ordered something that looked vaguely like chicken adobo. Ate it. It was…interesting. Honestly, it slapped. Cheap and delicious. The halo-halo afterwards was the bomb. Got a bit lost on the way back, which is to be expected.
Day 2: Intramuros - Because Instagram Said So
- 9:00 AM: Attempted to wake up early. Failed. Finally, dragged myself out of bed. The AC is doing its best, but let's be honest, the humidity always wins.
- 10:00 AM: Headed to Intramuros. The walled city. It's beautiful, I will admit. Cobblestone streets, Spanish colonial architecture. Very picturesque. Took a ton of photos. Pretended I knew what I was doing.
- 11:30 AM: The kalesa (horse-drawn carriage) ride. Okay, this was an experience. The horse looked a bit tired. The driver… well, he had stories. Lots of stories. About Manila, about romance, about the cost of a kilo of rice. I think he was flirting with me. I'm not sure. The city walls are beautiful. The traffic is less so.
- 1:00 PM: Got my lunch at a tourist-y restaurant. Overpriced and not that good. Regret.
- 2:00 PM: I went to Fort Santiago, it's like a really old fort, all stone and history. There are some statues, and then I had a bit of a mini-meltdown when I thought I lost my phone (I found it in my pocket, obviously). So yeah, my opinion is that the Fort's pretty cool and all, but if I lose my phone again, it would just add to the chaos and despair.
- 3:00 PM: Wandered the streets again and got to know the local culture, and got to know the local dogs as well. They seem to be enjoying their lives.
- 5:00 PM: Back to the hotel. Showered, and then immediately felt sticky again. Life is a paradox.
Day 3: Manila Zoo and Mall Roaming - The Existential Crisis
- 10:00 AM: Okay, I know, it seems late, but I needed it. I'm still here, I'm still sweating, what more can I ask?
- 11:00 AM: The Manila Zoo. This was a choice. A questionable one, perhaps. The animals seem… philosophical. The cages are small. My inner environmentalist screamed. The monkeys, though, they were having a BLAST. They judged me.
- 12:30 PM: Lunch at a fast-food restaurant near the zoo. Fried chicken and soggy fries. Comfort food. Possibly the only thing keeping me sane.
- 2:00 PM: SM Mall of Asia – I went there to find some clothes, it's huge, and you immediately know that you are one tiny speck in a gigantic machine, and all the sudden you get a real grasp of the meaning of life. I swear, it's so big. Felt a little depressed after seeing all the new fashion trends, everyone looks good! I'll never be that fashionable.
- 5:00 PM: Back at the Cittatel Inn. Contemplated the meaning of life (again). Ordered room service, which surprisingly turned out to be decent.
Day 4: Shopping, and Trying to Leave
- 9:00 AM: Attempted to get some souvenirs, spent an enormous time bargaining, the store keepers had the upper hand.
- 11:00 AM: Checked out of the hotel. The staff waved goodbye like I was family. I wonder if it was pity, or if I was really a memorable, and welcome guest.
- 12:00 PM: Went to the airport.
- 2:00 PM: My flight still has the same departure time, but I'm here, so I'm done.
Observations, Ramblings, and Emotional Breakdown:
- The Food: Manila food is a rollercoaster. Some things are incredible. Some things… require a certain level of adventurousness. I’m talking to you, balut. Maybe next time.
- The Traffic: It's brutal. Embrace it. Bring a book. Or learn to meditate. Or both.
- The People: Filipinos are incredibly kind and welcoming. Even when you're sweating like a pig and struggling to understand basic Tagalog.
- The Cittatel Inn: Clean, convenient, and affordable. What more can you ask for? For a cooler room? Okay, maybe.
- My Feelings: I started off terrified, and I'm leaving a bit changed. Manila's a whirlwind. A chaotic, beautiful, messy whirlwind.
- Regrets: Not bringing more sunscreen. Not mastering the art of not sweating. Not learning more than three words of Tagalog.
Would I go back? Absolutely. Maybe with a better plan. Maybe with less luggage. But definitely with the expectation of chaos, and the readiness to embrace it. And maybe, just maybe, I'll finally try that balut. Don't hold your breath.
Sandringham Escape: Your Luxurious Grimsby Cottage Awaits!
Okay, Cittatel Inn Manila... Is it *Actually* a Dream, or Just a Tourist Trap with a Fancy Name? (And Why Am I Asking This at 3 AM?)
Location, Location, Location! Is Cittatel Inn Convenient or Will I Spend 3 Days Stuck in a Taxi Crying? (Asking for a Friend... Obviously.)
The Rooms: Are We Talking Motel 6 or a Mini-Palace? (Because Let's Be Real, Sometimes the Only Thing That Matters is a Clean Bed and a Working AC)
Breakfast! Yay or Nay? (Because Hangry Travelers Are the Worst, Including Me.)
The Food! Okay, Spill the Beans. Is It Safe to Eat There? (And Will I Need to Pack Immodium Gold?)
The Street Food Incident: The Story I'll Regret Telling My Grandkids (And Why You Should Probably Avoid EVERYTHING)

