
Busan's Hidden Gem: Reina Hotel Seomyeon - Unbelievable Luxury Awaits!
Reina Hotel Seomyeon: My Busan Revelation (and Why You NEED This Hotel)
Okay, folks, buckle up. Because I'm about to tell you about Busan's best-kept secret. And no, I'm not talking about some obscure street food stall (though, trust me, I've found those too). I'm talking about the Reina Hotel Seomyeon, and let me tell you, it's not just a hotel, it's an experience. Forget those cookie-cutter chains – this place is unbelievable luxury meets genuine Busan charm. Seriously, I’m still dreaming about it.
First, a confession: I'm a total accessibility freak. I need to know I can waltz in, be comfortable, and not worry about tripping over anything (literally and figuratively). So, let's get this out of the way:
Accessibility: The Solid Foundation
- Wheelchair Accessible? YES! The website says it, but the reality is even better. Wide hallways, easy access to the elevator (and a super-speedy one, I might add!), and well-designed rooms. Total peace of mind.
- Elevator? Ding! They've got one, and it's not some cramped, dusty thing. It's sleek and efficient.
- Facilities for Disabled Guests: They've thought of everything. Seriously. They’re not phoning it in like some places. This is legit.
Oh, the Rooms… My Happy Place
- Available in All Rooms: Air conditioning (duh!), alarm clock (useful, actually!), bathrobes (yes!), bathroom phone (fancy!), bathtub (soaked in it for hours!), blackout curtains (lifesavers!), complimentary tea & coffee (heavenly!), daily housekeeping (a lifesaver for a messy traveler like me), desk (need to get some work done), extra long bed (I am an adult sized human), free bottled water (stay hydrated!), hair dryer (good for my hair), high floor (great views!), in-room safe box (security!), interconnecting rooms (for larger groups), internet access - LAN & wireless (the world at your fingertips), ironing facilities (wrinkle free clothes!), laptop workspace (work hard, play harder), linens (fresh!), mini bar (tempting), mirror (necessary), non-smoking rooms (for a healthy stay), on-demand movies (binge-watching!), private bathroom (privacy), reading light (nighttime reading), refrigerator (cold drinks!), safety/security feature (peace of mind), satellite/cable channels (so many choices), scale (weigh in!), seating area (relax), separate shower/bathtub (luxury), shower (clean), slippers (comfy), smoke detector (safety), socket near the bed (tech-friendly), sofa (sit!), soundproofing (peace and quiet), telephone (communicate), toiletries (nice ones!), towels (plenty!), umbrella (always a plus!), visual alarm (for safety), wake-up service (on time!), Wi-Fi [free] (stay connected), window that opens (fresh air!).
- The Vibe: Look, I’m a sucker for a good room. And Reina? Delivered. Plush bedding, those blackout curtains (seriously, the best sleep!), and a view that actually made me gasp. I mean, I’m not one for fancy hotel rooms in general, but this was… different. I could stare at the city lights for hours.
- Room Decorations: Simple and elegant. Not cluttered with useless knick-knacks (which I hate). Just clean lines and a sense of calm.
Internet: Stay Connected, Stay Sane
- Free Wi-Fi in All Rooms! Hallelujah! Fast, reliable, and free. You’re welcome, world.
- Internet [LAN]: For the die-hard wired folks, they’ve got you covered.
- Internet Services: All the usual suspects. No issues with streaming that K-drama I'm obsessed with.
Cleanliness and Safety: Because We're Living in… Well, You Know
- Anti-viral Cleaning Products: Huge plus. Makes you feel safe.
- Breakfast in Room: It's my vibe; I love it!
- Cashless Payment Service: Easy peasy.
- Daily Disinfection in Common Areas: Reassuring.
- Doctor/Nurse on Call: Peace of mind.
- Hand sanitizer, hand sanitizer, everywhere. Seriously, they had it at every turn.
- Hot water linen and laundry washing: That's good.
- Hygiene certification: They're doing it right.
- Individually-wrapped food options: Safe and considerate.
- Physical distancing of at least 1 meter: They're trying!
- Rooms sanitized between stays: Standard now, but still vital.
- Safe dining setup: Thoughtful.
- Shared stationery removed: Yes!
- Staff trained in safety protocol: Knowledgeable and helpful.
- Sterilizing equipment: Thorough.
Things to Do and Ways to Relax: My Personal Spa Adventure
- Fitness Center: Yep. I didn’t use it (because, vacation), but it looked well-equipped.
- Foot bath: Sounds nice!
- Sauna: Oh hell yes! I spent a solid hour in the sauna. Stepping out afterwards was divine.
- Spa/Sauna: (See all of the above).
- Steamroom: Another win! I spent so much time in here. My skin thanked me.
- Swimming pool [outdoor]: Looks great, though the weather wasn’t cooperating when I was there.
- Massage: I needed a massage after a long day of sightseeing. Totally worth it.
- Body scrub & Body wrap: I’m still not clear on the difference, but they sound amazing. Definitely next time.
- Pool with view: Sigh…next time.
Dining, Drinking, and Snacking: My Stomach's Paradise
- Restaurants: More on this in a sec.
- Room service [24-hour]: Because sometimes you just need a burger at 3 AM. And yes, I may or may not have ordered it.
- Poolside bar: Could have been fun! Next time.
- Coffee shop: Yup, great for a quick caffeine pick-me-up.
- Asian cuisine in restaurant & International cuisine: They offer amazing Asian and International Cuisine.
- Breakfast [buffet] & Buffet in restaurant: The breakfast buffet was a highlight. Honestly, I was in heaven. They had everything! Fresh fruit, pastries, cooked-to-order eggs, the works. I probably ate way too much, but hey, vacation.
- Coffee/tea in restaurant: Always appreciated.
- Happy hour: Didn’t catch it, but I heard rumors…
- Snack bar: Snacks!
- Western breakfast & Asian breakfast: Catering to all tastes.
- A la carte in restaurant: For a more refined dining experience.
- Alternative meal arrangement: Accommodating.
- Bar: For pre-dinner drinks or late-night cocktails.
- Bottle of water: Hydration is key.
- Desserts in restaurant: So many desserts!
- Salad in restaurant & Soup in restaurant: Healthy options too!
- Vegetarian restaurant: (Didn't see this).
Dining Experience Ramblings
Okay, I have to rave about the breakfast buffet. It was a masterclass in breakfast. The choices were endless, and the quality was top-notch. I'm usually pretty "meh" about hotel breakfasts, but this one… this one was special. I'm talking the freshest fruit, perfectly cooked eggs, and more pastries than I could possibly eat (and trust me, I tried). I found myself lingering there for hours each morning, just soaking it all in.
Services and Conveniences: They Thought of Everything
- Air conditioning in public area: Absolutely!
- Audio-visual equipment for special events: For those looking to host
- Business facilities: Because some people work (boooo).
- Concierge: Super helpful.
- Contactless check-in/out: Streamlined!
- Convenience store: Snacks!
- Currency exchange: Helpful.
- Daily housekeeping: Bliss!
- Doorman: Always a nice touch.
- Dry cleaning & Laundry service & Ironing service: For a quick turnaround.
- Elevator: Fast and reliable.
- Essential condiments: (like salt, pepper, etc)
- Food delivery: Ordering food from local businesses, amazing.
- Gift/souvenir shop: For last minute gifts (or for myself).
- Indoor venue for special events & Outdoor venue for special events: For those events.
- Invoice provided: For booking.
- Luggage storage: Convenient!
- Meeting/banquet facilities & Meetings: For business.
- On-site event hosting: Amazing.

Alright, buckle up buttercups, because this isn't your sanitized, perfectly-planned travel itinerary. This is the real deal, baby. This is my Busan Seomyeon Reina Hotel adventure, and it's going to be a rollercoaster of kimchi, questionable decisions, and existential wanderings. Here we go… (deep breath)
Busan Boogie: A Seomyeon Saga - My Chaotic Itinerary
Day 1: Arrival and the Great Kimchi Confrontation
Morning (aka, "Harrowing Flight"): Finally! Landed in Busan. My flight involved a crying baby, a guy clipping his toenails, and a near-miss with a rogue bag of duty-free perfume. I basically arrived smelling like a fragrant disaster.
Afternoon (The Reina Hotel and the Mystery of the Toiletries): Dragged my sorry self to the Seomyeon Reina Hotel. The lobby was decent, clean, a little sterile but fine. The room? Okay, small. Seriously, I swear I could touch all four walls if I stretched hard enough. But hey, the bed looked comfy, and that's what mattered after the flight from hell. The toiletries, however…they were mini, like really mini. Did they expect me to conserve shampoo like a wartime rationing champion? I'm a woman of volume, dammit!
Evening (Kimchi, the Unknown and a Near-Disaster): Right, so, first meal in Busan. I was determined to embrace Korean cuisine, starting with…kimchi. I wandered into a local restaurant near the hotel. Let me tell you, the kimchi there was… intense. Sour, spicy, fermented…my taste buds went into a full-blown existential crisis. I bravely choked down a few bites, though, because, you know, traveller's pride. Things didn't stay down entirely long. I bolted back to the hotel room, narrowly avoiding a spectacular public eruption. Note to self: start slow with the kimchi.
Day 2: Markets, Mayhem, and Melancholy at the Aquarium
Morning (Seomyeon Market and the Art of Bargaining…or Lack Thereof): The Seomyeon market! Oh. My. God. Sensory overload! I wandered lost in a sea of colorful clothes, exotic fruits, and vendors yelling things in Korean (which I assume wasn't about me). I tried to bargain for a ridiculously cute hat, but my negotiation skills were, shall we say, rusty. Ended up paying full price. At least the hat looks amazing.
Afternoon (Lunch Mishap and the Busan Aquarium Blues): Lunch was…interesting. Found a small restaurant near the market. Ordered what I thought was a harmless plate of noodles. Nope. Turns out it was spicy enough to blow my face off. I'm a total lightweight!
I then went to the Busan Aquarium - a major disappointment, honestly. The place was crowded, loud, and the fish seemed… bored. I looked at all the sea creatures, but I couldn't shake a feeling of sadness. What were the fish thinking, stuffed behind glass and surrounded by screaming tourists? Feeling a bit bleak, I grabbed a coffee and sat in silence for a while.
- Evening (Street Food and Regret): Back in Seomyeon, I decided to embrace street food. Started with a plate of hotteok (delicious!), then got carried away. Ended up consuming a suspicious-looking sausage and a cup of something that may or may not have been a concoction of mystery ingredients. The sausage was, let’s say, an acquired taste. The mysterious concoction? Let's just say I spent the rest of the evening battling an upset stomach.
Day 3: Temple Tranquility and Karaoke Carnage (Maybe)
Morning (Beomeosa Temple and the Quest for Serenity): Needed some serious redemption after Day 2. The Beomeosa Temple in the mountains! The temple grounds were beautiful, serene, and exactly what I needed. The air was crisp, the monks were chanting, and I almost felt… peaceful. I spent a couple of hours wandering around, admiring the intricate architecture and trying to absorb some of that Zen energy. It worked, kind of.
Afternoon (Shopping Spree and a Sudden Craving for…Naps): Back in Seomyeon, I was seized by an unexpected shopping urge. Found a cute boutique and bought a dress and some pretty shoes. Good for the soul, I swear. But the temples had drained me, and a serious nap was calling my name.
Evening (Karaoke?… Or Just Bedtime?): Seomyeon is known for its karaoke scene. But after a long day and still feeling the effects of the mystery sausage, I wasn't feeling up to belting out questionable ballads and battling drunk strangers. Instead, I grabbed some snacks, and retreated to my tiny hotel room, contemplating an early night. Who knows, maybe tomorrow I'll be brave enough to hit the karaoke, or even just sleep in.
Day 4: Seafood, Saying Goodbye, and Sudden Sadness
Morning (Jagachi Fish Market and Seafood Overload): The Jagachi Fish Market! It was an experience. The sight of all that fresh seafood! The vendors shouting! The smells! Ordered fresh sashimi. Absolutely incredible. I could have eaten a whole mountain of it.
Afternoon (Last Minute Shopping and the Hotel’s Tiny Toiletries): One last round through the shops, hoping to erase some of the shopping regrets. Still got some of those mini toiletries. My head is exploding with the fact that just can't figure out how to use those tiny things.
Evening (Departure and the Sadness Hangover): Okay, time to leave. I am strangely sad. Saying goodbye feels harder than it should be. Did I have the perfect trip? No. Did everything go according to plan? Absolutely not. Did I have an amazing time? Absolutely. I'm leaving Busan with a full stomach, a slightly lighter wallet, and a whole lot of memories — good, bad, and downright weird. Until next time, Busan! On to the next adventure….
This is just a snapshot of my trip. It was messy, imperfect, and probably a bit much. But that's life, right? Embrace the chaos, eat the questionable sausage, and always carry extra tissues. you never know when a sudden wave of sadness will hit.
Luxury 1-Bedroom Haven in Ho Chi Minh City's BS12 Tower (Feb. Availability!)
Okay, spill the tea. Is Reina Hotel *really* as luxurious as everyone says? My wallet is already sweating!
Alright, fine, I'll be honest. Luxury? Honey, it's practically a sin. Think, fluffy robes you could *live* in (I nearly did!), a bed so comfortable I forgot what year it was, and a bathroom that… well, let's just say I spent a concerning amount of time in there. The pictures online? They don't do it justice. It's like they hired the Dream Weaver from NeverEnding Story to design the place. The only downside? My bank account hasn't forgiven me. But, WORTH IT. Absolutely. My inner Kardashian was *thrilled*. Even the *soap* smelled fancy. Fancy.
Seomyeon? Isn't that just... a train station? Is it actually a good location?
Okay, so, the train station thing is true. You're literally steps from the subway, which is brilliant for getting around Busan. (Pro-tip: learn some basic Korean phrases because English signage sometimes takes a holiday!). But Seomyeon itself is a bustling, vibrant area. Think tons of shops (goodbye, money!), restaurants galore (HELLO, Korean BBQ!), and a nightlife that'll keep you going until the sun comes up (or, you know, until your jet lag hits). Honestly, I was a little skeptical at first. I was picturing drab and commuter-y. But Seomyeon quickly became a total whirlwind of fun! It's a great base for exploring the city. Seriously, you'll be spoiled for choice. Getting to the beach? Easy peasy. This location is a win.
Tell me about the rooms! What's the vibe? Do they have that dreaded "hotel smell"?
No "hotel smell"! Thank goodness. It actually makes me feel a little queasy thinking about it. The rooms at Reina? They're… swoon-worthy, seriously. Clean, fresh air, and modern design. Think minimalist chic, but with all the creature comforts. I stayed in a room with a city view – and I could have stared out the window for hours. The bed was ridiculously comfortable (as I mentioned – seriously, it's a serious selling point), and the bathroom? Oh, the bathroom. Rainfall showerhead. Deep soaking tub. I almost didn't leave. I even ate my breakfast in the bath one morning. Don't judge me. It was a *vibe*. They absolutely nail the details. The hairdryer actually works! The lighting is perfect for selfies (ahem, research purposes!). And the coffee machine? Top-notch. Basically, they've thought of everything. This is where you go when you need some serious R&R.
The Hotel has a gym? I'm trying to be healthy(ish)...
They *do* have a gym! Full disclosure, I am not a gym person. I like the *idea* of a gym. I am good at *thinking* about the gym. I am much less good at *actually going* to the gym. But I peeked in. It looked… perfectly adequate. Clean, with the usual equipment. If you're into that sort of thing, you're set. If you're like me, you can always walk around Seomyeon and pretend that's your workout. Or, you know, just blame the delicious Korean food for your lack of activity. No judgement here!
Okay, but does the hotel even *have* a good restaurant or am I going to be stuck with dry croissants?
Dry croissants? Absolutely not! (Shudders). Reina's got a fantastic restaurant. I went there *every single morning* for breakfast. They had everything. Fresh fruit, pastries of course (not dry, thank goodness), eggs, you name it. I even tried kimchi for breakfast! (Baby steps. But delicious.) The service was impeccable. Seriously, the staff are wonderfully kind and helpful (shoutout to the kind lady who helped me with my very poor Korean. She was a saint!). The coffee was strong, which is essential for navigating a place like Busan. And did I mention the view? Stunning. Though, to be completely honest – one morning I was so hungover from Soju that I ordered room service. And even *that* was amazing. Room service is always a win, right?
What about the price? Is it like crippling-debt-inducing expensive?
Alright, the price. Here's the deal: it's not budget travel territory. Let me just say that I am *not* made of money. I'm more of a "frugal with a side of impulse buys" kind of traveler. But, honestly, for the level of luxury you're getting? It's worth saving up for. I stayed there for a few nights and kept telling myself it was an *investment* in my mental well-being. And I think I sold myself on that lie. Look for deals! Check different booking sites! Sometimes you can snag a decent price. But be prepared to spend a bit more than you normally would. Think of it as a treat. A well-deserved, luxurious treat. You'll thank me later. Your credit card might not... but you will.
Any downsides? Be honest!
Okay, okay, here's the brutally honest truth. Downsides? Well… finding the hotel in the first place can take a few minutes of staring at your phone and going "Wait, where am I?". The signage in the area is a bit… minimalist, shall we say. Which is actually not a downside of the hotel itself but just kind of life in Korea in general. Also, it's easy to get *too* comfortable. And if you're anything like me, you might spend a little *too* much time in that amazing bathtub and miss out on exploring Busan. But honestly? Those are pretty minor complaints. Otherwise, I'm struggling to find any real criticisms. Even when I was checking out and feeling a pang of 'oh no, leaving the dream', I was still pretty happy!
Any tips for first-timers in Busan, centered around the Reina Hotel?
Okay, let's talk Busan and Reina Hotel survival tips! First, download a translation app! Google Translate with offline Korean worked wonders for me. Learn a *few* basic Korean phrases ("Hello," "Thank you," "Where is the bathroom?"). Second, explore Seomyeon! Get lost in the shopping streets, sample the street food (try the hotteok – it's amazing!), and check out the nightlife but drink water between your shots of soju. Third, use the subway! Easy peasy. Fourth, take advantage of the hotel's location. It's close to everything! Fifth, *treat yourself*Hotels With Kitchen Near Me

